Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World (25373 Views)

Police In UAE Search For Nigerian Man Who Impregnated Unmarried Woman / The Hidden City Of Nigeria (ikot-ekepne). Another Akpabio Magic ! / Explore The Treasures Of Nigeria's Northern Pearl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Ephramed(m): 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
Despite the seemingly endless power of modern technology, there is still actual buried treasure out there. The best part? It's yours for the taking if you have knowledge and endurance to find it.
I know it sounds like a movie, right? But there are historical facts to back it up. Check out these 7 places around the world where there is still buried treasure. Who knows, maybe you could try your luck?

1.) Mexico City - Treasure of La Noche Triste.

In 1520, the Spanish occupied the Aztec capital city of Tenochtitlan. As you might imagine they were not very good guests, so the Aztecs decided to expel them from the city. Hernán Cortés being the greedy leader he was, ordered his men to stuff their armor with Aztec gold on their way out.
As Tenochtitlan was an island city in the middle of a lake, the Aztecs opted to just push many of the Spanish soldiers into the water. Because they were weighed down with all their armor and gold, they sunk right to the bottom.
The site of Tenochtitlan is now modern day Mexico City. It sites on the dry lake bed on top of all that buried Aztec gold.

2.) Coco Islands - The Treasure of Lima.

We have English Captain William Thompson to thank for this one. Back in 1820 Thompson was ordered to bring a cache of treasure (estimated today to be worth $269 million) from Lima, Peru to Mexico City. It never arrived.
Legend has it that Thompson hid the loot somewhere on the Coco Islands, off the cost of Costa Rica. Despite countless expedition, no one has ever found the treasure.

3.) Haymarket, Virginia - Col. John Singleton Mosby's Missing Treasure.

Confederate Col. John Singleton Mosby and his Partisan Rangers successfully attempted a risky attack on Northern troops garrisoned at the Fairfax Courthouse in early spring 1863. Mosby and his men captured 42 Union soldiers and raided what they could from their quarters.
What they found was a stash of priceless family heirlooms stolen by the Union troops. Before the courthouse could be recaptured by the North, Mosby had one his men take the heirlooms and hide them in the countryside. They still haven't been found.

4.) The Florida Keys - La Nuestra Señora de Atocha.

La Nuestra Señora de Atocha, or "Our Lady of Atocha," was a Spanish treasure ship that sunk in 1622 carrying a huge amount of treasure. Although some of the booty has been recovered, there is still a good part of it missing somewhere on the ocean floor.

1 Share

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Ephramed(m): 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
Here is more......

5.) Lake Guatavita, Colombia - The Gold Dust God.

The indigenous people around Lake Guatavita in Colombia, South America used to have an odd ritual to please their water god. A priest would cover himself in cold dust and then toss pieces of gold into the lake. As a result there's quite a bit of gold sitting at the bottom of the lake.
Sadly though, if you're looking to hunt for this treasure it might be a bit difficult. The Colombian government has banned anyone from trying to drain the lake to find the treasure.

6.) Lake Toplitz, Austria - Nazi Treasure.

It's no secret that the Nazis plundered valuables from their victims during World War II. However as the tide turned against them, panic set in to cover up all of the things they stole.
A good portion of it was allegedly dumped into Lake Toplitz in Austria. You need to obtain permission from the government to go searching for the buried treasure. However they hardly ever permit anyone to do so.

7.) Washington, Georgia - Secret Confederate Gold.

Right before the south began to contemplate surrender in 1865 during the Civil War, there was the question of what to do with the rest of its treasury. No one quite knows exactly what happened to the money. However, there's a rumor it was buried somewhere near Washington, Georgia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Ephramed(m): 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
Source [http://www.viralnova.com/real-buried-treasure/?np=1 ]

waooo! I cant believe it fp.well thank you nl and the mod of this section,and also airtel for the network availability during this posting cos i want call they say my number is barred from calling this number so i say make browse kawai.i thank my 7230 nokia phone for a job welldone.*jmartins voice* TODAY DON DEY SHOW SAY NA GOOD DAY.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Kunle106(m): 4:37am On Sep 04, 2014
Noted! But how can I get that treasure box..

2 Likes

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Estimable(m): 4:42am On Sep 04, 2014
Hustle till u no longer have to introduce urself..........

6 Likes

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by iluvweed(m): 4:46am On Sep 04, 2014
grin
Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Nikapetrelli(f): 4:47am On Sep 04, 2014
Gud to know

1 Like

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Nobody: 4:47am On Sep 04, 2014
OP, you no even call anyone wey de close.

See the problem here:

I need to enter flight go any of these countries.
I need to collect permission to explore the place.
I no de sure say something remain there.
I fit go there na, explore for 1year and na one gold I see.
When I come back, my oga go dan employ another person
I go come de look for person wey go buy am from me and u know nigerians, dem no de value this kind thing.

Last last I go sell am 300naira for Alaba. Na me lose na

39 Likes

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Estimable: Hustle till u no longer have to introduce urself..........
You call yourself hustler and you are awake by this time pressing your phone? Btw, I've seen that line more than I can remember on NL so be more creative!

6 Likes

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by eleojo23: 4:48am On Sep 04, 2014
8. The hidden treasure within you.
Buried on the inside of you right now are hidden treasures. You have gifts and talents that you’ve not yet tapped into. There is potential that is waiting to be released. You possess the skill, wisdom, creativity; everything you need to be a success. If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to tap into that hidden treasure. You are full of resources; there are books, songs, ideas, inventions, businesses, put in you by your Creator. You have something to offer this world that nobody else can offer. You are unique, one of a kind. Don’t die with the treasure still on the inside. Begin today to dig it out. Try writing that book or song, try learning to play that musical instrument, try starting that business, try painting etc. When you do this, you may just discover a talent/treasure that has been hidden in you all these years.

67 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by oyeezee(m): 4:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Good to know........thank you but let me know when there is a hidden tresure in 9ja....may be in GWOZA. cool cool grin grin
Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 4:54am On Sep 04, 2014
whaooooooooooooooooo......will you join me on the ultimate search
Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by stanliwise(m): 4:55am On Sep 04, 2014
I have found treasure one.
Abeg help me draw am.

12 Likes

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Estimable(m): 4:57am On Sep 04, 2014
thisisayus:
You call yourself hustler and you are awake by this time pressing your phone? Btw, I've seen that line more than I can remember on NL so be more creative!
There are many ways of hustling,everyone got d one that works for him best.....
U can choose attacking pple,yet they are making their money......

9 Likes

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by 0955eb027(m): 5:00am On Sep 04, 2014
If I happen to lay my hands on any of these, what's the govt of the country goin 2 do? Are dey gonna allow me to just walk away with it or m goin 2 be given a gud share of it?

1 Like

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by kuninsce(m): 5:02am On Sep 04, 2014
U mean u are a attacker?cry
Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by colossus2: 5:08am On Sep 04, 2014
There are hidden treasures in these places also. Just puncture your preferred location smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by jeffizy(m): 5:14am On Sep 04, 2014
Might count for an interesting read by history students.
But in reality , some are just heresay passed down from generations to generations.
Look at it from my perspective.... who burries treasure below the ocean bed and never returns to it or at least leave a map for their offsprings?
Greed got these treasure in the first place and greed would have found it if available.

1 Like

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by moshoodn(m): 5:18am On Sep 04, 2014
Reminds me of these books I read many years ago:

* King Solomon Mines.
* Montezuma's Daughter

Treasures! Treasures!! Treasures!!!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by slimpoppa(m): 5:28am On Sep 04, 2014
Let "Global utltimate search" begin.
Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by corisande: 5:30am On Sep 04, 2014
Okay
interesting
Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by ultraawesome(m): 5:40am On Sep 04, 2014
8. Chibok girls #Sambisa Forest

3 Likes

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by experimentist: 5:45am On Sep 04, 2014
I also heard about some hidden bags of weed somewhere in colombia... How can I locate that treasure, OP?

4 Likes

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Vstuffs(m): 5:46am On Sep 04, 2014
Made I first find the treasures were dey my body first.....before I go find the treasures were dey this world........the treasures in my body and soul have more value than those in this world

Learn web development,photoshop,java and others
https://www.nairaland.com/1788943/get-complete-web-development-video
Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 04, 2014
grin 8. Somewhere in Sierra Leone, 20ft below the Ebola camp, a possible cure for the dreaded, deadly strain.

1 Like

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Aye captain.

1 Like

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by themmydhayhor(m): 5:54am On Sep 04, 2014
grin grin grin grin yeSsssssssssssSssssss tank GOD

Found it, found it, Found it

Just discover

500000 bags of weed.. grin grin grin

Tanks @op 4 dis gud idea
Guess am in damn money........
Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by rioemmanuel(m): 5:56am On Sep 04, 2014
colossus2: There are hidden treasures in these places also. Just puncture your preferred location smiley
hahaha....i am currently fallin from my bed.
Some people no get human sympathy atall

Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by futajallon: 5:57am On Sep 04, 2014
always sailing
Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by mcwizard(m): 5:58am On Sep 04, 2014
I think I need to do some research, Lolzz
Re: 7 Real hidden Treasures You Can Search For,around The World by stanliwise(m): 6:02am On Sep 04, 2014
Let the search begin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ordeal At Soekarno-hatta International Airport Jakarta, Indonesia / Ibadan Taxi Driver Returns N170k, A Laptop Left In His Car (Pic) / Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.