Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) (6273 Views)

Guy Offers His Dog To Calabar People After It Ate His N4000 (photo) / How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash / Benefits Of Having A Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by dridowu: 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
An 18-year-old Indian girl has married a stray dog as part of a tribal ritual designed to ward off an evil spell.
Mangli Munda, from a remote village in the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand, wed the canine in a lavish ceremony.
The wedding was hastily organised by village elders after a local guru led Mangli's parents to believe that the teenager possessed ill-luck and that marrying a man would bring destruction to the family and her community.

The baffled dog, Sheru, a stray found by the girl's father, was brought to the wedding in a chauffeur driven car and welcomed by revellers.
Mangli, who has not been to school, said she was not happy to wed a dog, but insisted that it will help change her fortunes.
The hesitant bride said: 'I am marrying a dog because the village elders believe that my evil spell will be passed on to the dog.
'After that is done, the man I will marry will have a long life.'
Mangli's father Sri Amnmunda agreed.
He said: 'The village elders told us that we should organise the wedding as soon as we can. We had to make sure that the evil spell is destroyed.

'And marrying a dog is the only way to get rid of the bad luck.'
And amazingly, this is not the first time that a local girl has wed a dog in the village.
Sri added: 'Many weddings like this have taken place in our village and also the other neighbouring villages. This is a custom that we thoroughly believe in.'
According to the village's customs, the marriage will not affect Mangli's life, and she will be free to marry again later without divorcing the dog.

'My villagers say that many girls like me have followed this ritual and they have gotten rid of their evil spells and are living happy lives now,' said Mangli.
'I will also be free to marry a man of my dreams after after the evil spell is over.'
At the wedding ceremony, people danced to traditional drumming, while around 70 relatives and local villagers attended the wedding.
VIP: The bride's father carries Sheru in his friend's car on the wedding day
Apart from the fact that the groom is a dog, we followed all customs. We respect the dog as much as we would respect a normal groom,' said Mangli's mother Seems Devi.
'We had to spend money on this wedding in the same way as we would in a normal wedding. But that is the only way we can get rid of her bad luck and ensure the benevolence of the village.'
Now with the marriage ceremony over, Mangli has to take care of the dog and raise him as a pet for the next few months.
Mangli added: 'I will marry a man one day. It is the dream of every girl to marry a prince charming. So I am also waiting for my prince.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET7kLHtGe7Y
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2741901/The-husband-s-real-hound-Girl-18-marries-stray-dog-bizarre-Indian-tribal-ritual-designed-ward-evil-spirit.html#ixzz3CHzmmpJm
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
I dont believe this
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Sparrow13: 11:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
Only in India
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Badex10(m): 8:16am On Sep 04, 2014
Eleyi Gidi gan
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by okonja(m): 10:03am On Sep 04, 2014
WTF! :O
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Mckandre(m): 10:54am On Sep 04, 2014
would their also be intimacy between the girl and the dog?
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by IyaHolyMary(f): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2014
End of the END time thingzzzzzz grin
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
There is no need to get too overexcited.

These people belong to the aboriginal Adivasi (forest dwelling) tribes. The custom is just symbolic. but the Girl wont have any intimate relations with the animal. She will just marry the pariah dog and divorce it immediately. and then she will marry a human husband. grin

These people follow the Sarna religion.

Even Hindu tribes and castes have a similar custom. but in their case , they marry a tree or plant and then divorce it. wink

This whole situation occurs only when the Girls "stars are not right".

All tribes have some or the other strange custom. we just have to accept it.

for example, Igbos used to headhunt in the past (behead their enemies skulls and then take it back to their village as a trophy).

Hausas used to climb mountains in Kwatarkwashi and catch vultures. (A ritual to the God Magiro). This ritual stopped recently due to some problems and extinction of vultures and also sharia'a i think.

etc. .

On a side note, dont underestimate these Munda Aboriginal Tribes. They were 1 of the first tribes to rise up and revolt against the British Colonists in India and against christian missionaries.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
At the end of the day, what we must understand is that as long as these people are not blowing up people in the name of religion , or extorting money as tithes from the poor in the name of dia deity, it is OK .

5 Likes

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
wonders... hope d paganist can see dis.. d gods must be carzy..i guess!
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
PAGAN9JA: At the end of the day, what we must understand is that as long as these people are not blowing up people in the name of religion , or extorting money as tithes from the poor in the name of dia deity, it is OK .
And marrying a dog* is ok.. u piss me off!
why is it all happenin to the female one's what of d male... I pity these pple! what bondage dey r into.. living in darkness prt 2
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by aguizm(m): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
Hnmn does it mean she will also be sleeping with the dog?
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
mrceo63:
why is it all happenin to the female one's what of d male... I pity these pple! what bondage dey r into.. living in darkness prt 2

Stop exaggerating jorr! Is she sleeping with the dog? See how they are all smiling including the bride. Its just like a play act celebration.

I hate it when some ppl cry more tears than the supposed victim.

1 Like

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Stop exaggerating jorr! Is she sleeping with the dog? See how they are all smiling including the bride. Its just like a play act celebration.

I hate it when some ppl cry more tears than the supposed victim.
It just like a case where u see a child, and danger is emminet nd ur hands nd legs r tied... u should laugh right...
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by IyaHolyMary(f): 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
PAGAN9JA: At the end of the day, what we must understand is that as long as these people are not blowing up people in the name of religion , or extorting money as tithes from the poor in the name of dia deity, it is OK .

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Aisosaonipede(f): 9:03am On Sep 05, 2014
dridowu: An 18-year-old Indian girl has married a stray dog as part of a tribal ritual designed to ward off an evil spell.
Mangli Munda, from a remote village in the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand, wed the canine in a lavish ceremony.
The wedding was hastily organised by village elders after a local guru led Mangli's parents to believe that the teenager possessed ill-luck and that marrying a man would bring destruction to the family and her community.

The baffled dog, Sheru, a stray found by the girl's father, was brought to the wedding in a chauffeur driven car and welcomed by revellers.
Mangli, who has not been to school, said she was not happy to wed a dog, but insisted that it will help change her fortunes.
The hesitant bride said: 'I am marrying a dog because the village elders believe that my evil spell will be passed on to the dog.
'After that is done, the man I will marry will have a long life.'
Mangli's father Sri Amnmunda agreed.
He said: 'The village elders told us that we should organise the wedding as soon as we can. We had to make sure that the evil spell is destroyed.

'And marrying a dog is the only way to get rid of the bad luck.'
And amazingly, this is not the first time that a local girl has wed a dog in the village.
Sri added: 'Many weddings like this have taken place in our village and also the other neighbouring villages. This is a custom that we thoroughly believe in.'
According to the village's customs, the marriage will not affect Mangli's life, and she will be free to marry again later without divorcing the dog.

'My villagers say that many girls like me have followed this ritual and they have gotten rid of their evil spells and are living happy lives now,' said Mangli.
'I will also be free to marry a man of my dreams after after the evil spell is over.'
At the wedding ceremony, people danced to traditional drumming, while around 70 relatives and local villagers attended the wedding.
VIP: The bride's father carries Sheru in his friend's car on the wedding day
Apart from the fact that the groom is a dog, we followed all customs. We respect the dog as much as we would respect a normal groom,' said Mangli's mother Seems Devi.
'We had to spend money on this wedding in the same way as we would in a normal wedding. But that is the only way we can get rid of her bad luck and ensure the benevolence of the village.'
Now with the marriage ceremony over, Mangli has to take care of the dog and raise him as a pet for the next few months.
Mangli added: 'I will marry a man one day. It is the dream of every girl to marry a prince charming. So I am also waiting for my prince.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET7kLHtGe7Y
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2741901/The-husband-s-real-hound-Girl-18-marries-stray-dog-bizarre-Indian-tribal-ritual-designed-ward-evil-spirit.html#ixzz3CHzmmpJm

These people are still living in dark age :/

1 Like

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:41am On Sep 05, 2014
Aisosaonipede:

These people are still living in dark age :/

If they are living in dark age what are we living in?

Boko haram age? Atleast they dont have to worry about religious terrorist destroying dia homes and killing dia families and kidnapping dia girls.

5 Likes

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Gee001: 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
mrceo63:
your head dey there. So absurd
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by GooseBaba: 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
mrceo63:

Which bondage are they into? Can't you read and comprehend..?

A Muslim praying five times a day and ready to kill their fellow human is in bondage...

A christian paying 10% of income and walking with a dead man for salvation is in bondage..

Look yourself first before pointing fingers on bondage...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
This thread reeks of hypocrisy. And then the same ppl cry when whiteman calls their own culture savage and absurd.

But wait a minute ........most of those badmouthing these ppl dont even care about their own culture , do they? All whitemens slaves.

1 Like

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
GooseBaba:

Which bondage are they into? Can't you read and comprehend..?

A Muslim praying five times a day and ready to kill their fellow human is in bondage...

A christian paying 10% of income and walking with a dead man for salvation is in bondage..

Look yourself first before pointing fingers on bondage...
Atheist u r right, bondage of believing u r from an animal...
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by GooseBaba: 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
mrceo63:
Atheist u r right, bondage of believing u r from an animal...

Sharap dia...! Because I don't believe in middle eastern deities does not make me an atheist..

1 Like

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by EddyNumerouno(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
I watched the wedding on discovery channel, believe u me, they spared on expense on the wedding, but some women still marry dogs with human skin grin

1 Like

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by GooseBaba: 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
PAGAN9JA: This thread reeks of hypocrisy. And then the same ppl cry when whiteman calls their own culture savage and absurd.

But wait a minute ........most of those badmouthing these ppl dont even care about their own culture , do they? All whitemens slaves.

Don't mind the hypocrites..... Tomorrow you will see them wearing the hair of so called people in bondage and forming swag to give praise to their foreign diety.

1 Like

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by Aisosaonipede(f): 8:49am On Sep 08, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Boko haram age? Atleast they dont have to worry about religious terrorist destroying dia homes and killing dia families and kidnapping dia girls.

I totally agree with you, we do have our issues and we know these are the issues/ problems..

Now compare these people they think its ok to marry a dog, they don't think that's a "taboo", they think this is totally fine, which is NOT!

That was the point I was trying to make!
Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:55am On Sep 12, 2014
Aisosaonipede:

I totally agree with you, we do have our issues and we know these are the issues/ problems..

Now compare these people they think its ok to marry a dog, they don't think that's a "taboo", they think this is totally fine, which is NOT!

That was the point I was trying to make!

Dont be a hypocrite! angry

It may be taboo amongyour culture but it is not taboo among theirs. The laws of society are by nature, defined by the culture of that society.

You have no right to impose your beliefs on others. This is what gives rise to conflict.

I still dont see, what exactly is wrong in this strange (to us) ritual. Its not like she is breaking natural barriers by copulating with the animal.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Warn Off Evil Spirits (Pics And Video) by kingston277(m): 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Its sad that some people still continue to stick their nose up at others amidst their own self induced suffering.

(1) (Reply)

Lhasa Apso Whatsapp Group / Dairy Of My Boys:spark(caucasian) And Rico(lhasa Apso) / How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.