Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit (9571 Views)

Pastor T B Joshua Again : Warns about Plane Hijack,Prophesied about Pope francis / Go For Ebola Test Immediately If You Notice This Symptoms / Ebola Test Confirmed Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Ktwice(m): 3:47am On Sep 04, 2014
The Lagos State Government on Wednesday warned Lagosians and other citizens in the country not to fall victims of suspected fraudsters who were selling a kit that could purportedly be used to test for Ebola Virus.

The government, in a statement by the Special Adviser on Media to the Governor, Mr Hakeem Bello, explained that the reality on ground was that there was nothing like that.

It added that the product, which was called Rapid Response Canada, was nothing but a hoax to rip-off unsuspecting Nigerians of their earned money.

Bello stated that the technique for the manufacture of such kit did not exist. He urged members of the public not to patronise sellers of such dubious product.

The statement reads, “The Lagos State Government on Tuesday alerted members of the public to the activities of some unscrupulous people who are purportedly marketing Ebola Cassette Test Kit.

“In a statement signed by the Special Adviser on Media to the Governor, Mr Hakeem Bello, the fake items, which are branded as Rapid Response Canada with test results purportedly available in 10 minutes are a hoax.

“According to the statement, there are no Ebola test kits manufactured anywhere in the world and that the technique for its manufacture does not exist yet. The statement adds that members of the public should not patronise the dubious marketers of the product.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-warns-nigerians-against-fake-ebola-test-kit/

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by hushmail: 4:39am On Sep 04, 2014
dis pple n their ego

what of d kit Japan just manufacture dat give result in 30 mins ?

Abi dat one no follow?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by redcliff: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2014
I keep repeating it on this forum, poverty and poverty mentality is the father and mother of every other bad thing you can think of in nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by adrainuche(m): 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
People are really taking this Sickness as a joke ...
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Babyboy1986(m): 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
Them they play with people life.

Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by bunmioguns(m): 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
Don't even bother reading, just rushing to comment grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by mistudreh(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
Chai... Nigerians I fear una. Any which way, we go sha make money

1 Like

Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
grin una no trust lagosians? As d news dey pass one ear, no gateman 4 d oda ear so d news go evaporate.
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by QMark: 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
We sha want to make money with every opportunity
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by blueheart(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
Fake!!?? This is serious shocked
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by sirjohnson(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
But some people sha. How on earth could they think of such.
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by korel9: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
U c?
bunmioguns: Don't even bother reading, just rushing to comment grin grin grin

I thought I was the only one grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by bunmioguns(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
Tazmode: grin

cant you make sensible comment? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Emmaesty(f): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
Wonder why some Nigerians would see Ebola as a money-making venture........... Smh
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by curiouslad(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
Great People, Great Nation
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by bunmioguns(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
korel9: U c?

what?
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
That's the problem with us. Our great thinkers are reasoning the wrong way at the wrong time. Always hungry and greedy to make money. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Hardeyorlah(f): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
What about the Japan kit
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
[size=80pt]naija4life[/size]
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by slimpoppa(m): 3:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
Wonder why Nigerians are always trying to use every possible means (good or bad) to make money.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by amakufrancis(m): 3:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
nah bad tin to make money?
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
Choi

So people have a mind of trying to exploit people in the name of Ebola.

Naija i dey hail o.
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Talkcentral: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
ok
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
To be frank I was expecting this type of scam long ago considering the huge media coverage ebola has enjoyed.

Scammers don dey dull, oh sorry wanted to say everybody fears ebola! grin
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by bunmioguns(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
korel9: U c?

I thought I was the only one grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Vanpascore(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
Naija PEOPLE, i hail ooooo. E don be business?? CHAI ! ! !
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by greatestluv4all: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
from the east..
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
bunmioguns:

cant you make sensible comment? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Hmm, seems you may have been having a bAD day. grin
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by adriano234: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
grin
hushmail: dis pple n their ego

what of d kit Japan just manufacture dat give result in 30 mins ?

Abi dat one no follow?
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by ebolablast: 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
MMS..man must survive
Kim Kadarshian Goes Completely Naked On GQ Magazine
READ HERE http:///Gxzp
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by okeyscrib(m): 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
I thought Japan was at it already??
Re: Lagos Warns About Fake Ebola Test Kit by Chidexter(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nigerians sef eh. there's nothing some won't do to make money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? / Valentine: NACA Asks Nigerian Youths To Buy Condoms / COVID-19: Africa Records 168,464 Cases, 73,000 Recoveries & 4,700 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.