Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van (2717 Views)

FRSC Officials In Ibadan Sitting In Their Van Carelessly / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / 2015 Mercedes Benz Marco Polo Activity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
Very nice, a nice replacement or contender for the role that Volkswagen had cornered for ages with their Westfalias.

Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by nurey(m): 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
This vehicle will cost a fortune. The only contender I still see to the westfalia is hyundai H-100, toyota hiace bus.
Can't you even see the leather upholstery and the furnished interior abeg a new one will cost nothing less than 9m for the kpangolo edition. Lol
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
Hyundai and Toyota builds this level of vehicle class?

These are not just ordinary vans.

Have you priced a VW Westfalia (replacement) lately? Cars are not cheap anymore.

N13m to start. Mercedes has been building "cheaper" vehicles to compete, they even created a new class "CLA" for poor folks who just have to have a Benzo grin

So I'm sure they will price it accordingly.

Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
For the "Big Boy" strapping Nairalander, CityNG can be your man on the ground during your purchase of this small thing grin

Only N60million cool

Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by nurey(m): 9:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
CityNG: For the "Big Boy" strapping Nairalander, CityNG can be your man on the ground during your purchase of this small thing grin

Only N60million cool
that is an RV (recreational vehicle)

Chai where are the recreational sites in Nigeria, this vehicle will become useless for its purpose only useful for show offs. If you aTtempt to use this in the bush, the fulani nomads are waiting to dispose you of your valuables. Lol
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
nurey:
that is an RV (recreational vehicle)

Chai where are the recreational sites in Nigeria, this vehicle will become useless for its purpose only useful for show offs. If you aTtempt to use this in the bush, the fulani nomads are waiting to dispose you of your valuables. Lol

Yes it's an RV I own a 36 footer.

With an RV you create your own recreation.

Nigeria is not that bad.
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by nurey(m): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
CityNG:

Yes it's an RV I own a 36 footer.

With an RV you create your own recreation.

Nigeria is not that bad.

Yes naija is not that bad, but creating your own recreational spot by going to the bush is at your own risk, you could be attacked by indigenes of that area or wild animals

Government hasn't made provision for RVs in most states, lagos no free space or else na you and lastma or awon omo onile, abeokuta plenty land but could be accused of damaging farmland or worse produce robber. Lol
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
nurey:

Yes naija is not that bad, but creating your own recreational spot by going to the bush is at your own risk, you could be attacked by indigenes of that area or wild animals

Government hasn't made provision for RVs in most states, lagos no free space or else na you and lastma or awon omo onile, abeokuta plenty land but could be accused of damaging farmland or worse produce robber. Lol

How about going to your own land?

You just need an access road.

A hidden gun safe plus 2 or 3 pitbulls will solve most security issue .

Naija people too scared.

Couple of guys have driven from uk to naija and were still talking about safety lol
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by nurey(m): 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
CityNG:

How about going to your own land?

You just need an access road.

A hidden gun safe plus 2 or 3 pitbulls will solve most security issue .

Naija people too scared.

Couple of guys have driven from uk to naija and were still talking about safety lol

Nigerians don't even do recreation much, how many nigerians even get land to go do recreation ontop. Most of those recreation vehicles in naija (ford is the most popular) are just dirty with flat tyres and a buy me sign on them left at the road side for ages.

Nigerians don't buy those vehicles because their spot for use isn't readily available and you can't drive those things to the land you bought, except you remove their bumpers, side skirt and be ready to repair springs and shock absorbers. Lol
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
nurey:

Nigerians don't even do recreation much, how many nigerians even get land to go do recreation ontop. Most of those recreation vehicles in naija (ford is the most popular) are just dirty with flat tyres and a buy me sign on them left at the road side for ages.

Nigerians don't buy those vehicles because their spot for use isn't readily available and you can't drive those things to the land you bought, except you remove their bumpers, side skirt and be ready to repair springs and shock absorbers. Lol

Not true. You're selling Nigerians short.

I have hydraulics on mine and can get into some pretty tough terrain due to it's weight.

My threads on here is to promote other than the regular stuff for guys to have a different idea of what's possible.

You can go to IITA in Ibadan and camp out there as an example and not all "lands" are inaccessible. I've seen a lot of lands on here in estates that are already graded.

Pics, from another thread, are my new NL heroes.

Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by nurey(m): 6:30am On Sep 05, 2014
CityNG: Some links

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Camping-and-Hiking-in-Nigeria/119501081413392

http://nigeriaparkservice.org/blog/2014/06/06/camping-activities/

http://tourism.gov.ng/obudu-mountain-resort/

So I will leave my peaceful house and state and head to north or east to camp out.

I have also been to Moore plantation, IITA and CRIN, I know those educational facilities have lands but do they allow people to camp on them.

You want to go and camp in peoples estate have you heard of he is a spy for thieves coming to survey our estate oya oya bring tire and petrol make we burn this guy. Lol

Obudu, so I should travel all the way to obudu, my friend serving there always talk about the thousands of road blocks by army, police, vio, frsc, lg workers and potential highway robbers so that's a no no 4 me.

I have not seen your RV, infact the last Rv I saw at ikoyi was a special ford with ford heavy duty engine metallic silver with black colour dragon markings and the suspension feels like the jeep wrangler version sweet ride.
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
nurey:

So I will leave my peaceful house and state and head to north or east to camp out.

I have also been to Moore plantation, IITA and CRIN, I know those educational facilities have lands but do they allow people to camp on them.

You want to go and camp in peoples estate have you heard of he is a spy for thieves coming to survey our estate oya oya bring tire and petrol make we burn this guy. Lol

Obudu, so I should travel all the way to obudu, my friend serving there always talk about the thousands of road blocks by army, police, vio, frsc, lg workers and potential highway robbers so that's a no no 4 me.

I have not seen your RV, infact the last Rv I saw at ikoyi was a special ford with ford heavy duty engine metallic silver with black colour dragon markings and the suspension feels like the jeep wrangler version sweet ride.

You are just one person though.

Allow others to learn new things and expand their horizon.

Nigerians, we limit ourselves, unnecessarily.
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by nurey(m): 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
CityNG:

You are just one person though.

Allow others to learn new things and expand their horizon.

Nigerians, we limit ourselves, unnecessarily.

Whenever you are making a trip in ur RV and needs a company hola at me, I love adventures but I can't start 1 by my self if I don't know how secured an area is
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by xerotop(m): 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nigerians love adventures but wont take d first step forward.
Recreation in nigeria especially in the north could more or less be riskcreation. The security situation is nt friendly. I wldnt want to say we are not ripe for it,but better put, we have degenerated into a state that does not need recreation.
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
xerotop: Nigerians love adventures but wont take d first step forward.
Recreation in nigeria especially in the north could more or less be riskcreation. The security situation is nt friendly. I wldnt want to say we are not ripe for it,but better put, we have degenerated into a state that does not need recreation.

Yeah the trip that those guys did driving from UK to Nigeria through the Sahara dessert can probably not be done safely today due to the facts you stated above.

One day sha my people will be free.

So a man can take his family:

1) Fishing at area lakes
2) Hunting at area hunting grounds - federal lands
3) Go autox

etc

All our recreation is around owambe and joints. No one wonder we have one of the shortest life cycles in the world.
Re: Mercedes Benz Marco Polo And Activity Van by jodeci01: 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Engine Number Of Ford Edge 2007 / Please How Much Is Corrola 2009 Model Shaft? / 2000/2001 Toyota Camry Vs 2002/2003 Volkswagen Passat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.