Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail (3966 Views)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / Which Specie Of Broiler Is The Best? / How To Start Snail Farming In Nigeria With Little Capital! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
Have been picking hundred of snail for my snailery but can't identify these species

Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
Mellin: Have been picking hundreds of snail for my snailery but can't identify these species
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by DickDastardly(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
No one but Mikel Slowbi can answer this cheesy

1 Like

Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
someone please answer me...where are the experts in snail farming?
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
wealthinfo and joavana...una no fit talk now because it ain't about buying snail from your farm or paying to come for seminar...there is god o
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Davedavy: 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by binbass(m): 6:56am On Sep 07, 2014
I don't know the particular specie but I tell, they're not the type to keep for rearing.
They will not grow for sure, look for the rounded one (Achantina marginata) they grow faster.
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by jaz(m): 8:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
that's Archatina Archatina. not the best for snail farming but it produces fast and in larger masses than the African Giant snail Archatina Marginata. it doesnt grow so large.
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Bishiie(m): 10:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
jaz: that's Archatina Archatina. not the best for snail farming but it produces fast and in larger masses than the African Giant snail Archatina Marginata. it doesnt grow so large.
Tarr, go back to ur book or class , it is known as Limicolaria flammea

1 Like

Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Bishiie(m): 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
Its is knon as Limicolaria flammea, and it can't grow more than that no matter how you feed them.

1 Like

Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by samseen02(m): 11:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
Are u kidding me! Don't even try that specie in your farm.. I may introduce u to one bt don't later come here to quote me that i want to sell manual bcoz already its a snail farming manual d price is also there for you to see. And also i can help you get some snails bt depends on you...

Read the detail here:
http://www.wealthmeans..com.es/2013/06/wealth-in-snail-farming-business.html
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by TheUnbeatable(m): 1:14am On Sep 08, 2014
I know this snail very well. I can't really remenber the scientific or common name now but I know that we call it "ipere" in my area in ondo state. It is not culturable, so don't bother to raise it but it is good in egusi, ila, ewedu, efo and obe dudu.

Sheiiiii, boneleSs meat!!!

Oooolaaalaaaaaaaa,

The Unbeatable.
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by FarmTech(m): 10:39am On Sep 08, 2014
A CALL TO ACTION
Are you in Anambra state and have passion for Agriculture? I need partners, people that are willing to go into low-cost areas in agriculture. Potential animals to raise include goats, grasscutters, fish and rabbits. If you're interested, contact me on Facebook by the name, Ikeme Henry. THANKS.
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by sheunfemix: 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
samseen02: Are u kidding me! Don't even try that specie in your farm.. I may introduce u to one bt don't later come here to quote me that i want to sell manual bcoz already its a snail farming manual d price is also there for you to see. And also i can help you get some snails bt depends on you...

Read the detail here:
http://www.wealthmeans..com.es/2013/06/wealth-in-snail-farming-business.html
. I would like to get some snails for small scale rearing. Shey u can cut price for ur ebook? wink
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by samseen02(m): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
sheunfemix: . I would like to get some snails for small scale rearing. Shey u can cut price for ur ebook? wink
yeah, bt pm me
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2014
.. I find it difficult to identify achatina achatina and other v shape snails
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by metroy4x: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
That's not the type of snail to farm,
Limiacolaria flammea you can only culture them to feed your duck if you 've them in quantity, they 're very good source of protein & calcium for the duck & geese, so if you 're ready for snail business, am ready to be your technical partner. Whatsapp me on : 08038886196

Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by FarmTech(m): 9:59am On Sep 16, 2014
Mellin: Any snail farmer in asaba or onitsha should whatsapp me... 08068684876..... I find it difficult to identify achatina achatina and other v shape snails
Where's ur location?
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by kasimbabs6(m): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
metroy4x: That's not the type of snail to farm,
Limiacolaria flammea you can only culture them to feed your duck if you 've them in quantity, they 're very good source of protein & calcium for the duck & geese, so if you 're ready for snail business, am ready to be your technical partner. Whatsapp me on : 08038886196

Where is your location please?
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
FarmTech:
Where's ur location?
asaba
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by FarmTech(m): 9:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Mellin: asaba
These links will help u identify them: http://www.petsnails.co.uk/documents/species/arch-and-a-id.html#start and http://www.petsnails.co.uk/species/archachatina-marginata.html
How many snails are you raising?
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
FarmTech:
These links will help u identify them: http://www.petsnails.co.uk/documents/species/arch-and-a-id.html#start and http://www.petsnails.co.uk/species/archachatina-marginata.html
How many snails are you raising?
1000 snails... 3 has already die.. The trench I dug about 4ft is collapsing whenever I go there.. I wanted to use cement to hold it but some guy told the the cemented wall will kill them all... How true is that?
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by sheunfemix: 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mellin: 1000 snails... 3 has already die.. The trench I dug about 4ft is collapsing whenever I go there.. I wanted to use cement to hold it but some guy told the the cemented wall will kill them all... How true is that?
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by sheunfemix: 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mellin: 1000 snails... 3 has already die.. The trench I dug about 4ft is collapsing whenever I go there.. I wanted to use cement to hold it but some guy told the the cemented wall will kill them all... How true is that?
. When u cement the flour, then u can cover it with sand. How did u finally get ur snails, I'll like to knw. When u build ur snailrey be careful to device a means whereby u can easily get their eggs without breaking them or stepping on them.
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by akp202(m): 3:54am On Sep 20, 2014
pls what is the required space needed to rear a snail
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 24, 2014
cry My sister fed my snails with cabbage washed with salt... 127 survived out of 1022 snails
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by sheunfemix: 11:39am On Sep 24, 2014
shocked dat one na bad market o. I tout pple say dnt let ur snail come in contact wit salt at all
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by FarmTech(m): 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mellin: cry My sister fed my snails with cabbage washed with salt... 127 survived out of 1022 snails
Aww! What a loss! Don't give up though. Do you practice free range or intensive mtd?

1 Like

Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by FarmTech(m): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
akp202: pls what is the required space needed to rear a snail
About 15-25 large snails per m2 or 1-1.5kg per m2.
Re: Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail by Chrissi28: 7:15am On Aug 27, 2015
Hey!

Do you still have this snails on the first picture?

(1) (Reply)

Perfectly Working 8.0 Hux Power Foreign Used Soil Ploughing Machine For Sale / Charcoal Export Fraud...beware / Multipurpose Tractors For Cultivating, Planting & Harvesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.