Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. (25919 Views)

250 Nigerians Depart For Ebola Volunteer Work In Liberia, Others / Ebola: FG To Train Health Workers From Liberia, Others / Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by PhockPhockMan: 3:04am On Sep 05, 2014
The United States government has pleaded with Nigeria to extend its assistance to three other countries in the West African sub-region that have been grappling with the Ebola Virus Disease.

The American Under Secretary of State on African Affairs, Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield, who stated this in an interview with journalists on Thursday during a courtesy visit to the Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, said there was the need for Nigeria to assist Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia in the fight against the disease.

She was, however, evasive on why the President Barack Obama’s administration refused to assist Nigeria with Zmapp drugs.

She said the US was proud of the way Chukwu, the Federal Health Ministry members of staff and the Federal Government had effectively been working hard to deal with the EVD outbreak in Nigeria.

Thomas-Greenfield said, “They are taking all the right steps to control this. And they are having great success here. I appealed to the minister to assist neighbouring Liberia, Sierra-Leone (and Guinea) as they also grapple with this terrible outbreak.”

She however said it was not true that the US government had failed to assist Nigeria with Zmapp drugs.

“That is not correct; I think the Centre for Disease Control has proactively supported all the countries in the West African region in dealing with the situation. It is not about Zmapp.”

In his response, Chukwu said, “Nigeria has always been her brothers and sisters’ keeper. Nigeria helped and founded ECOWAS. You remember it was during Gen. Yakubu Gowon, when he was Head of States, that ECOWAS was established. Nigeria will continue to play that leading role in ECOWAS. We are going to assist our sister nations. Let me also reaffirm that the United States of America has fully been part of this battle; how to contain the Ebola Virus Disease in Nigeria. US CDC has done wonderfully well.

“Even if you go remotely, part of the infrastructure we have in Nigeria was because US CDC worked with Nigeria to get them established. So, we are grateful to the government of United States; and the support continues to come in. Even some of the hand-held infrared thermometers we are using were provided by the United States government.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/us-urges-nigeria-to-help-liberia-others-tackle-ebola/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by niggereyez(f): 3:26am On Sep 05, 2014
I think nigeria is still mad at late Patrick sawyer for importing EVD to us... wen our tempa kool down, maybe then we wld consider helping them...
also let us first contain d disease and hav zero confirmed cases b4 we think of helping.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Billygee2u: 3:35am On Sep 05, 2014
US OF ARROGANCE,should let Nigeria be.They are seriously looking for a way to push Nigeria to a tight corner in other to ride on Nigeria .

19 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by hakanai(m): 3:42am On Sep 05, 2014
I think we shouldn't. We should resolve our own cases and close our borders. Because as it it now we will feel the impact if we begin to involve ourselves in another nations palaver. After Ebola we have BH. So one thing at a time. I also think we have done enough for Liberia. Bleed for her and spent for her! E don do abeg! Let other help too.

54 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by gramci: 3:46am On Sep 05, 2014
Why not supply them your Zmap

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by gede7744(f): 3:47am On Sep 05, 2014
OK. US we ve heard u.but let's purge ourselves of ebola first then we can think of helping them but not to d extents of bringing them here.
we don't want EVD to resurface again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by lomaxx: 3:50am On Sep 05, 2014
When a blind man HELPS another blind man, they will both fall into a deep pit. Enough said.

27 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Sabadon(m): 4:34am On Sep 05, 2014
u mean with our pesticide

57 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by bakandow11: 4:44am On Sep 05, 2014
aiit mr secretry carry Xmap go meet dem, bt for naija to send helper? kolewrk....dey no dey use dirty hand wipe face.

8 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by drsteroid(m): 4:46am On Sep 05, 2014
Laughing in swahili...so US have seen without their Zmapp,we can fend 4 ourselves..thought they have been asissting the other countries with their limited supply of zmapp..when we asked them 4 the zmapp,they said it was stil a trial drug and its in limited supply,but they have been sending to other european and african countries.So the rejected stone has now been the cornerstone..how time flies

33 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by neuljosh(m): 5:24am On Sep 05, 2014
If naija is truly the giants of Africa, then I don't see any reason why they have to wait for US to ask them to help their neighbors. Leadership comes with responsibilities you know

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 05, 2014
very funny, they denied us zmapp but gave us 5000naira infrared thermometers grin and they want us to get more Ebola because of that!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by borie4u(m): 6:27am On Sep 05, 2014
well I think the US government is right in dis one. these ppl are our neighbors. if we dont want another Sawyer in our land again. just like the yoruba proverb says that"if ur neighbor dey eat infected insect n u say e no concern u by the time he start to dey cough n u no fit sleep den e go concern u"

5 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 05, 2014
gramci: Why not supply them your Zmap

Help me ask them

8 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 05, 2014
The Never say die attitude helped us.

Nigerian are strong willed people,who isn't scared of anything,Ebola too small to scare us.

As for other nation,let's clean our mezz first.

6 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by PhockPhockMan: 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
hakanai: I think we shouldn't. We should resolve our own cases and close our borders. Because as it it now we will feel the impact if we begin to involve ourselves in another nations palaver. After Ebola we have BH. So one thing at a time. I also think we have done enough for Liberia. Bleed for her and spent for her! E don do abeg! Let other help too.
They should suffer it, Nigeria wasted human and material resources in their civil war, till today, they're still thinking America instead of Nigeria.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by PhockPhockMan: 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
wazoboy: very funny, they denied us zmapp but gave us 5000naira infrared thermometers grin and they want us to get more Ebola because of that!
It's unfortunate that American government decided to play politics with the virus. They denied us zmapp but gave us infrared to discover more and more victims.
Too bad.

12 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by PhockPhockMan: 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
MOD, please front page.

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by priscaoge(f): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
America is in possession of d Almighty Zmapp and yet they can't distribute it to those countries in need of it. Y call Nigeria? Is Nigeria suppose to die 4 them? If they cannot send those drugs to Nigeria,then they should send it to those countries naaa. That Liberian man is the architect of Nigeria's problem on EVD,We are still struggling with many cases @hand.
Biko every a•b•o•k•i should face em own kettle mbokundecided

15 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by PhockPhockMan: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
priscaoge: America have a Almighty Zmapp and yet they can't distribute it to those countries in need of it. Y call Nigeria? Is Nigeria suppose to die 4 them? That Liberian man is the architect of Nigeria's problem on EVD,We are still struggling with many cases @hand.
Biko every aboki should face em own kettle mbokundecided
You're right, my lady.

3 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by priscaoge(f): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2014

She however said it was not true that the US government had failed to assist Nigeria with Zmapp drugs.

“That is not correct; I think the Centre for Disease Control has proactively supported all the countries in the West African region in dealing with the situation. It is not about Zmapp.”

Story 4 d godsundecided Who are they deceiving Before d handwriting appears on d wall,we already understood it. Proactively supported all the countries? In which way? What we need is the drug and other kits to kick Ebola not this big grammar. Y is it difficult for them to send the Zmapp down here to save lives if it's not about it? I believe if we have this drug here,maybe,just maybe that Nurse and other victims wouldn't have died.

May their Souls RIP!

8 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by PhockPhockMan: 5:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
priscaoge: America is in possession of d Almighty Zmapp and yet they can't distribute it to those countries in need of it. Y call Nigeria? Is Nigeria suppose to die 4 them? If they cannot send those drugs to Nigeria,then they should send it to those countries naaa. That Liberian man is the architect of Nigeria's problem on EVD,We are still struggling with many cases @hand.
Biko every a•b•o•k•i should face em own kettle mbokundecided
So, A.b.oki has been censored to Northerner?
Hmmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by priscaoge(f): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
PhockPhockMan: So, A.b.oki has been censored to Northerner?
Hmmmmm.
cheesycheesy My Dear ask d Mods oooocheesycheesy
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
Ok. Even Nigeria needs help too grin

2 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Standard007(m): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
UP GEJ!!!!! grin

GEJ TILL 2019, AFTER WHICH AN IGBO MAN TAKES OVER!!!undecided

AND FINALLY, UP NIGERIA!!!! grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by NupeZalla(m): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
ok
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by iceberylin(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
God Bless GEJ grin

1 Like

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Canme4u(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
One day, we will be the world power.

God Bless Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Itsng: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
Lolz..... I think say na pesticide they said we get the other time na?

See How Romance With Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Pastor Chris OYAKHILOME's Marriage [pics]
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Blackchampion(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
Help them wit what na? Do we hv d drug? or dis US niggas re high on something

1 Like

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by spectramissile: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
Genevieve Shares Pictures Of Herself And Parents

See more pictures by clicking HERE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gonorrhoea Is Becoming Untreatable, WHO Warns / My Experience And My Stand With Other People View On Dr. Oji Alllwell (suicider) / Young Lady Who Survived Gas Explosion Recounts Her Ordeal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.