Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? (2036 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Getting Pregnant - Trying To Conceive / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Olarewajub: 8:46am On Sep 05, 2014
Today you see young teenagers who are suppose to be in school queuing up for ante-natal and most of these young girls don't have what it takes/resources to cater for their babies. What is responsible for this moral decadeness, and possible solutions.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by yungEX(m): 8:47am On Sep 05, 2014
cos dey don't use condom
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by hungryboy(m): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2014
Because dem dey like play ball without boots
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 05, 2014
1) Lack of vision.... 2) Cause some guys allow their Erection controls their Direction. 3) Some parents don't enlighten their children on sex education these days so they learn from an outsider. 4) They feel Cuz their friends did it and succeeded that means they can an escape.. 5) Temporal Pleasure. 6) ....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by tempem: 9:00am On Sep 05, 2014
Well.... Lack of personal discipline.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by mitchyy(f): 9:01am On Sep 05, 2014
Lack of proper sex education from parents.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Olarewajub: 9:04am On Sep 05, 2014
impactz: 1) Lack of vision.... 2) Cause some guys allow their Erection controls their Direction. 3) Some parents don't enlighten their children on sex education these days so they learn from an outsider. 4) They feel Cuz their friends did it and succeeded that means they can an escape.. 5) Temporal Pleasure. 6) ....
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by bellong: 9:04am On Sep 05, 2014
No be Una dey give them belle?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Olarewajub: 9:05am On Sep 05, 2014
mitchyy: Lack of proper sex education from parents.
Why are most parent now shying away from this?
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by LittleJAMES(m): 9:07am On Sep 05, 2014
mitchyy: Lack of proper sex education from parents.

Ignorance of sex education.... n immature sex.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Olarewajub: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2014
LittleJAMES:

You mean having sex at a tender age?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by LittleJAMES(m): 9:26am On Sep 05, 2014
Olarewajub: You mean having sex at a tender age?

yeah.... it all sums down to.... sex education ni.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by izsmike: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2014
Olarewajub: Today you see young teenagers who are suppose to be in school queuing up for ante-natal and most of these young girls don't have what it takes/resources to cater for their babies. What is responsible for this moral decadeness, and possible solutions.
. Simply because most guys tend 2 use d teenage gals naïve nature against dem. And again, some of d gals outgrow dere age and guys get 2 sleep with dem, thinking dey r matured
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2014
I think they lack self-control, its better to wait than go for a 3 min.pleasure

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Olarewajub: 10:00am On Sep 05, 2014
izsmike: . Simply because most guys tend 2 use d teenage gals naïve nature against dem. And again, some of d gals outgrow dere age and guys get 2 sleep with dem, thinking dey r matured
But majority of them are exposed, so they should know the implication.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 05, 2014
I think,they lack self-control,its better to wait than go for a 3 min. Pleasure

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by izsmike: 10:03am On Sep 05, 2014
Olarewajub: But majority of them are exposed, so they should know the implication.
there exposure is what attract the guys, and being naïve makes dem stay under d storm without a raincoat
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Olarewajub: 10:06am On Sep 05, 2014
Eliba: I think they lack self-control, its better to wait than go for a 3 min.pleasure
Pleasure it is. Sometimes the sex might not be pleasurable because both parties are simultaneously thinking about not getting caught.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 05, 2014
Using both poor and rich as case study;
1)the poor parents: they breed babies like they are breeding rat in only one room apartment o. Imaging in this century that kids brain is as sharp as anything. Some of them will have more than 5children and themselves making 7, this doesn't disturb their sex life tho, with or without their knowledge this children get exposed to practical sex at a very tender age, in most cases the parents cnt even cater for the kids needs so they go out there to meet guys ready to spend on them, the small ones among them keeps the pregnancy while the 'big girls' abort it nd continue the cycle.
2)the rich parents: they satisfy their kids with good things of life, imagine a 10year old boy or less with iphone? Small girls are not being dressed for properly, most of their bodies are out, the gadget exposes them to enough sex stuff. The parents doesn't even have time, the only time they have is being spent in work place so how will they monitor the kids? I have heard of cases whereby twas the house boy that disvirgin the small oga pickin.
In all let's try to be there for our kids and provide what they need for them, not what they dnt need.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by bigheart2013(m): 10:26am On Sep 05, 2014
Because most parents these days act and behave like adolescents but simply with bigger bodies. When a daughter watches her dad having and chatting with his girlfriends on Facebook and Whatsapp, when a dad tries to date his daughters friends, when a mom turns 'contractor' at work always entertaining mail 'clients', when mom and dad are too busy and allow kids to raise themselves, when pastors teach kids they can solve every problem through prayers rather than personal efforts, when 'holy people' feel that s,ex-education for kids is a sin, etc then kids test and explore possibilities by themselves in se.x.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by mitchyy(f): 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
LittleJAMES:

They don't understand that the more they shy away from it, the more the number of teenage pregnancies increase. If you interview these girls, you'll be shocked at their knowledge of sex.
Some are led to belief if you just take bitter lemon abi 7up, you wouldn't take in.
Others believe you can go back to being a virgin if you wish.
While some will be informed that you cannot get pregnant immediately you start having sex for the first time. Really crazy!
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by SAMBARRY: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
Because men see p@edoph1lia as a normal thing in Nigeria. It's not abnormal having sex with kids in nigeria
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by shizzleStar: 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
bellong: No be Una dey give them belle?
lwkmd! who be una? gringrin
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
Most times daddies are not there to give them the genuine love and support they crave for at this age hence some are trapped in the process of collecting the false love bait. More worse is that women of age 40, 30, 20(let me cut the older generations some slack) are shying from giving both their girls and boys the s3x education they need to help them know whats obtainable s3xwise, and be confident about themselves to shield negative peers influence instead they use words like "if you get belle or give any girl belle my house no go contain you"... Like seriously? For this microwave age, as if na today them start to hear that. I go see whether na my house go contain them when he happen.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by simple2004(m): 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
i had a first hand experience in that i impregnated a girl 16yrs when i was 18. i tried 2 share my experience bt sum pple kept abusing me. op, d problem is deeper n serious than what u think. in my case, we got married later.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by luvablesam(m): 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
SAMBARRY: Because men see p@edoph1lia as a normal thing in Nigeria. It's not abnormal having sex with kids in nigeria

Babe,how come I cud pre-empt ur response? Paedophiles again!!!.can't a teen get another preggie?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Olarewajub: 6:04am On Sep 06, 2014
simple2004: i had a first hand experience in that i impregnated a girl 16yrs when i was 18. i tried 2 share my experience bt sum pple kept abusing me. op, d problem is deeper n serious than what u think. in my case, we got married later.
Do you mind to share your experience?
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by miredia(m): 6:20am On Sep 06, 2014
simple2004: i had a first hand experience in that i impregnated a girl 16yrs when i was 18. i tried 2 share my experience bt sum pple kept abusing me. op, d problem is deeper n serious than what u think. in my case, we got married later.
Not trying to insult you dude, but there's nothing deep and serious about indulging in adolescent sex. It's simply exuberance, proleptic thrills and the inability to control the sex drive, absolutely nothing deep. I'm not absolved either of these facts.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by SAMBARRY: 6:46am On Sep 06, 2014
luvablesam:

Babe,how come I cud pre-empt ur response? Paedophiles again!!!.can't a teen get another preggie?
but it's a woman that impregnated the teen I suppose. Stop shying away from the issue and face it.he asked a question and I gave him an honest answer except you want to read lies
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Amopeekun(f): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2014
Teenage pregnancy is not new. Then, because of the stigma and all, you don't find them at ante natal hospitals. Now they don shine eyes! And we, all of us, are the cause!
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 06, 2014
Parental failure,and deficit personal discipline.
Re: Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? by Haywhymido(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2014
yungEX: cos dey don't use condom
is condom dat scarce 4 dia area? Or too expensive. Dis act is so disgusting mehn

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse / Throwback: What Is The Relationship Between These Two? / Should I Abandon My Dads Property?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.