Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Is 2face Overrated? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is 2face Overrated? (1479 Views)

Is Tiwa Savage's Beauty Overrated? (photos) / Why Is 2face The Richest? / How Old Is 2face Idibia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 2face Overrated? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
Is 2face Overrated? by imoleay0(m): 3:58pm I just went through a thread where the op was
talking about how bad Peter and Paul Okoye
are now doing at their career. I have noticed that majority of the people that
like 2face like to refer to his "grass to grace"
album as evergreen. My question is, why don't people recognise
dbanj, 9ice and co as they recognise 2face as
one of the greatest singers of our time despite
the fact that it's been long since he produced
something meaniful?

1 Like

Re: Is 2face Overrated? by Mrval20(m): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
It hasn't been long since 2face last produced something meaningful (take note), it's just that he hasn't recently released an album with ALL the tracks so on point like the grass to grace album.
2baba isn't overrated, Dbanj is (I wonder how Oyato or whatever track won him an award). For Psquare, I stopped listening to them after the era of "Temptation."

2 Likes

Re: Is 2face Overrated? by cr7lomo: 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
Mrval20: It hasn't been long since 2face last produced something meaningful (take note), it's just that he hasn't recently released an album with ALL the tracks so on point like the grass to grace album.
2baba isn't overrated, Dbanj is (I wonder how Oyato or whatever track won him an award). For Psquare, I stopped listening to them after the era of "Temptation."

Dbanjs entertainer album sold more than grace to grass and u now refer him to his recent songs , what of 2faces recent album , did it hit big ? .

U Sud understand that 90% of musicians usually have their 1st albums as most successful in their careers
Re: Is 2face Overrated? by Mrval20(m): 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
cr7lomo:

Dbanjs entertainer album sold more than grace to grass and u now refer him to his recent songs , what of 2faces recent album , did it hit big ? .

U Sud understand that 90% of musicians usually have their 1st albums as most successful in their careers

1. I don't know about album sales though, I don't judge an album by the number of sales. Nigerians, including you, know the quality of that "grass to grace" album. If Jayz releases bullcrap today, it'll hit one million sales in five seconds, because he's Jayz and not because the album is good.
2. In fact,Dbanj's "Entertainer" was a great album too and I like some tracks from the album.
3. Grass to grace wasn't 2baba's first album.
Try to understand me.

1 Like

Re: Is 2face Overrated? by hatux: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
2face isn't overrated, that's all I can say!

2 Likes

Re: Is 2face Overrated? by hensben(m): 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
Mrval20: It hasn't been long since 2face last produced something meaningful (take note), it's just that he hasn't recently released an album with ALL the tracks so on point like the grass to grace album.
2 baba has two albums that will remain evergreen, 'grass to grace and 'unstoppable international'

1 Like

Re: Is 2face Overrated? by pendulumdarky: 2:47am On Sep 28, 2014
Of course he is definitely overrated to me, He is just respected because he is humble and has been in the industry for long but when it comes to music i think he is abit overrated. How many albums does he have? How many has he sold?? how many international concert has he been to? How many evergreen songs does he have apart from African Queen?

Fela is still Number 1 for me in Nigeria, he has so many Evergreen songs, he has performed on international stages, sold alot of albums etc
And for D'banj, He might not be as good as 2face but he is the best Nigerian stage performer ever after fela. And for 9ice , he would have been one of the best ever because he always gives meaningful and deep lyrics, I will put him over 2face anyday any time, but unfortunately people started hating him because of what happened between him and ruggedman
Re: Is 2face Overrated? by amakufrancis(m): 4:37am On Sep 28, 2014
he isnt dear d guy lyrics are well to go with.
Re: Is 2face Overrated? by babakb: 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
you cant take it from 2face, he is the best to ever come out of africa, very versatile and yet unique in his style, and who said African Queen is his only Evergreen Song, what of Right here, If love is a crime, True love, Ole, forgive and forget, fly, appreciation, be there e.t.c not to mention his reggea efforts, one luv, raindrops, down there etc, don't forget that as he was releasing albums he was still with plantation boys and they released hit tracks like one and only, say u believe it, ocean of passion etc, 2face is the most sought after artist for collabo, the artist that have featured him for one track or the other are much, the ones i can remember are:

9ice, MI, Psquare, Timaya, dare, Solid star, Jimmy jat, Kc presh, Jim iyke
Re: Is 2face Overrated? by mimiejacobz(f): 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
I tink therez more to music dan d beats n screamn yaga,music is more abt d lyrics n how it can relate to pple's feeln n dts wht tuface does,hez sngs r rich in lyrics n one of it just av a way of relatn to wht sum1 is goin tru or feeln dt moment
Re: Is 2face Overrated? by Mention(m): 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
Nope.. He z rather Under Rated

(1) (Reply)

He Recorded 'omo To Shan' For Free- Olamide Defends Wizkid / Miss Heritage 2014 Winner!!! / See Seyi Shay’s Outfit To Meet President Goodluck Jonathan (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.