Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

A New African Philosophy - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A New African Philosophy (840 Views)

Igbos Land Grabbing Philosophy / Greece, Philosophy, And The Afrocentric Obsession With Ancient Egypt / Afrocentric Examination Of Greek Philosophy - Stolen Legacy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New African Philosophy by Philosopher1979: 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
i Just created a philosophy called Ogbonism. Coined from Ogon, the yoruba word for wisdom. I will regard Ogon as a form of native African intelligence.Ogbon is a principle or concept that is inherent in the Yoruba world view and even daily interactions. In fact, it is used daily by Yoruba people in their everyday conversations. From my point of view, to be gbon is to be wise or mature. It can sometimes be deemed to come with age and experience. This is referred to in the cliché that “o dagba gbon si” or as a person grow older he becomes wiser or more intelligent.
Ogbon is a concept that covers all facets of human life and can be interpreted as a way in which intelligence is being used to solve human problems. As in the cliché common in everyday speech in Yoruba “O dogbon si”, as in he used intelligence to solve a problem or situation. Ogbon is a concept that encourages an individual to use his innate intelligence to solve everyday human and social problems and so it can be regarded to some certain extent as creativity.
You can read the rest on my blog below:

afroreign.

<a href = afroreign.>afroreign</a>
Re: A New African Philosophy by k2fight: 11:41am On Sep 06, 2014
The custom coins are an exclusive type of law enforcement challenge coins which serve for great purposes like in military services, for fire fighters as well as social workers. Now these days so many companies want these types of promotional tools and print the slogan and logo at the front of the product.

law enforcement challenge coins
Re: A New African Philosophy by macof(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
what's this really about?
Re: A New African Philosophy by MetaPhysical: 3:12am On Sep 12, 2014
grin
Re: A New African Philosophy by koolnd: 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Existence of Philosophy in Traditional Africa: A Hermeneutical Approach

According to C.B Okolo: “A split of ‘no and yes’ was evident among scholars. It is clear that this initial problem of African philosophy was somehow grounded in the problematic nature of the very concept of philosophy in general and African philosophy in particular.”4 C.B Okolo further stated that another scholar E.A Ruch is of the opinion that African philosophy for whatever it was worth was mere cultural anthropology. He writes;

http://www.scharticles.com/existence-of-philosophy-in-traditional-africa/

(1) (Reply)

They Are Making My Father A Chief In The Village! / She Is White But Claimed Black For The Love Of Black...but You Bleach In Hate! / Culture!!! Nigerian Bride Shows Up Unclad In Public For Her Traditional Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.