Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,805 members, 7,866,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:00 PM

WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment (27605 Views)

Powerful Soft Ice For Treatment Of Eye. / WHO: Ebola Virus Found In Fluid Of A Survivor Six Months After Recovery / Photos: Governor Fashola Hosts Some Ebola Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by Mckandre(m): 10:36am On Sep 06, 2014
ACM10: Survivors of Ebola virus disease have been shown to have robust immunity to the disease including cell-mediated immunity. But it is not clear if they have cross-immunity to other strains of the virus. Using the blood of the survivors is a step in the right direction. Though the best therapy remains harvesting the antibodies from the blood of the survivors and use it in treatment of ebola patients.
is it not the same harvesting they re trying to do. smh
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by emmy02(m): 11:27am On Sep 06, 2014
Seandeeds: You don't have to be personal. I think I have a right to my opinion. Happy Saturday

Sorry sir, forgive my comments, Happy weekend to you too.
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by Jay2014: 11:31am On Sep 06, 2014
God help us. Ebola shall be overcome. u turn to do the needful, please come out & donate.
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by kayalla(f): 11:34am On Sep 06, 2014
just like a movie i saw last week. "The Returned" using blood of the survived to treat others, hmm, i hope they donate blood or they might have to be kidnapped. grin
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by Godwin978(m): 11:45am On Sep 06, 2014
IF WHO said this,then they are all insane
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
phreakabit:

[size=16pt]Look at this man of inferior intelligence exhibiting his cluelessness and ridiculing himself once again. Blood transfusion was used as far back as 1995 to cure 8 out of 8 Ebola patients in Congo. Mind you this was done by Congolese doctors without the knowledge or assitance of foreign aid workers who were considered a threat to the successful execution of the operation.[/size]

Educate yourself : http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/179/Supplement_1/S18.long
That is not about blood transfusion, you i d i o t! It is about creating a vaccine using the blood of those those who survived EVD. I think you need to go back to your forest dirt village where you come from. lipsrsealed angry
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by klens(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up and import anything from China etc. O8IO8I3I92O, BBM 7523226E. www.nairaland.com/1801065/import-cheapest-octa-core-quad
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by phreakabit(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
all4naija: That is not about blood transfusion, you i d i o t! It is about creating a vaccine using the blood of those those who survived EVD. I think you need to go back to your forest dirt village where you come from. lipsrsealed angry

You are comical. . . A pathetic reoccurring joke! I bet you recognize this image. . . .

Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
phreakabit:

You are comical. . . A pathetic reoccurring joke! I bet you recognize this image. . . .

You are the pathetic person here. Why would I have to take you serious with your incessant jabs? You i d i o t!
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by phreakabit(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
all4naija:
You are the pathetic person here. Why would I have to take you serious with your incessant jabs? You i d i o t!

[img]http://media0./media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif[/img]
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
phreakabit:

[img]http://media0./media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif[/img]
Nitwit! angry
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by Spidermon: 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
For third world countries like ours, I think using whole blood from ebola survivors is ok coz extracting the antibodies can be very expensive. Once the blood is screened for infectious agents and all other transfusion factors are compatible, it is ok. The only downside is that it won't be as polyvalent as the oyinbos preparations, blood group hindrances and it won't contain as much antibodies per volume.....at all at all, na hin bad pass.
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by phreakabit(m): 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
all4naija:
Nitwit! angry

You seem mad. Did I hurt your feelings. . . Scarred emotions?
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
phreakabit:

You seem mad . . . . Did I hurt your emotions?

Smh...! You are ugly desert lizard indeed. No, you didn't! angry
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by Chigold101(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
purplish: This is a very brilliant development...Finally!!!
WHO and the United States have lost the battle of infecting Nigeria with Ebola. Now they want to use the blood of the survivors to create another virus. They want to take the blood and experiment the reason why they survived and other things. I dont consider this as a good news. Where & when did they carry out the research that proves that blood of the survivors can cure Ebola. They thought that Nigeria will come crawling and beging for that ineffective Zmap NONSENSE. Unfutunatly Nigeria has kept mute on what they v been using to treat EVD. NONSENSE...
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by Henryceey(m): 8:20am On Sep 07, 2014
Ebola Survivors is now a hero by saving others life with their blood and it means federal government will take good care of you in other to produce enough blood for treatment and I pleads all infected person to go for treatment,running will not solve the problem,even infected doctors are running.....
Re: WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment by red101(f): 8:36am On Sep 07, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1852104/antiserum-cure-ebola

not sure why it took so long for them to make this an official treatment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Didi Adodo Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Former Edo Commissioner) / Pakistan, Nigeria, Egypt Doctors, Nurses Top List Of Banned Practitioners In UK / Indian COVID-19 Strain Surfaces In Nigeria, Diseases Centre Alerts NCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.