Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Tag And Answer - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tag And Answer (9661 Views)

Nairaland Award Tag For Year 2013! / Nairalander's - Nigerian Tag :) / Who Wants A Glitter Tag? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tag And Answer by Obinoscopy(m): 11:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
HFOG: To what extent would you say our relationship with God should influence our adherence to traditional rites and rituals?
Very nice question, I do meditate on this often. I know there are a lot of fetish stuffs in our tradition, but that doesn't mean everything about our tradition is fetish and diabolical. If it were, then our native language should be diabolical too. I think we should still observe our culture. Jesus parents ensure they observed the Jewish culture/tradition when he was born.
Re: Tag And Answer by Obinoscopy(m): 11:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hi Tashamania, I see you smiley. You are a medical student, yes?
Re: Tag And Answer by HFOG(f): 11:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Obinoscopy: Very nice question, I do meditate on this often. I know there are a lot of fetish stuffs in our tradition, but that doesn't mean everything about our tradition is fetish and diabolical. If it were, then our native language should be diabolical too. I think we should still observe our culture. Jesus parents ensure they observed the Jewish culture/tradition when he was born.
True. I might not be in the best position to comment on this sha because I wasn't raised up with a lotta traditional stuff. I can even count the number of times I've been to my village. Definitely everything about our culture cannot be anti-christ. I think the underlining principle should be our consciences. There are many things the Bible doesn't give specific commands about but that's the place of the Holy Spirit and our consciences. Do you believe in the Holy Spirit?
Re: Tag And Answer by Obinoscopy(m): 11:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
HFOG:
True. I might not be in the best position to comment on this sha because I wasn't raised up with a lotta traditional stuff. I can even count the number of times I've been to my village. Definitely everything about our culture cannot be anti-christ. I think the underlining principle should be our consciences. There are many things the Bible doesn't give specific commands about but that's the place of the Holy Spirit and our consciences. Do you believe in the Holy Spirit?
Yes I do.
Re: Tag And Answer by Obinoscopy(m): 12:03am On Sep 30, 2014
HFOG:
Yes he used to take it from childhood. That was his upbringing. His younger brother still drinks. I wasn't the one who stopped him though I would never have consented to marrying a man who drinks no matter how scantily. I fear hot drinks. The damage it's caused to homes and lives. He stopped taking palm wine when he gave his life to Christ many years before we met. I never knew alcoholic wine had some health benefits. Good if you're already prepared to sacrifice it should in case she says a no no.
I understand your fear for hot drinks. Lots of men have become slaves of alcohol/drugs, women and money. I'm glad I'm neither in any of them.

Yes, alcohol has health benefits but it's addictive tendencies tend to outweigh the benefits. Thus anyone who feels he doesn't have that self-control should take alcohol for any health benefits. Fruits would suffice.
Re: Tag And Answer by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 30, 2014
Obinoscopy: Hi Tashamania, I see you smiley. You are a medical student, yes?

yeah smiley
Re: Tag And Answer by HFOG(f): 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
Obinoscopy: I understand your fear for hot drinks. Lots of men have become slaves of alcohol/drugs, women and money. I'm glad I'm neither in any of them.

Yes, alcohol has health benefits but it's addictive tendencies tend to outweigh the benefits. Thus anyone who feels he doesn't have that self-control should take alcohol for any health benefits. Fruits would suffice.
Good evening sir. So sorry I left abruptly yesternight. Actually slept off. Thanks for all you did yesterday. Me is very grateful. How was your day? What's tomorrow gonna be like? Public holiday right? Any other plans?
Re: Tag And Answer by HFOG(f): 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Obinoscopy: Yes I do.
Great. He speaks to us if we listen. He's the one to drawn the line between right and wrong on all matters. And of course He will never contradict the Scriptures. Whenever I come to a cross road and do not know what to do. I pause. I pray. I patiently wait till light floods my way. Just like we cannot walk in the dark physically, it's dangerous too to take any decision without clarity on what the mind of God is on that matter. We mustn't be in a hurry. We have to wait on Him when we are unsure about what step to take. He'll surely show up. And I hope you know that God has an opinion about evcerything you want to do/say/wear or everywhere you want to go/work/study etc. You are His child and He is concerned about the minutest detail of your life. '..even the very hairs of your head are all numbered...'

1 Like

Re: Tag And Answer by Obinoscopy(m): 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
HFOG:
Good evening sir. So sorry I left abruptly yesternight. Actually slept off. Thanks for all you did yesterday. Me is very grateful. How was your day? What's tomorrow gonna be like? Public holiday right? Any other plans?
Yes, I knew you slept off. How's the day? Mine was ok. I get home early nowadays. Don't want to stress myself with work for now.

Tomorrow?........no plans. I'll just do my laundry and rest. I think I need it. All reading and no rest make obi a dull boy.

So what are your plans for tomorrow?
Re: Tag And Answer by HFOG(f): 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: Yes, I knew you slept off. How's the day? Mine was ok. I get home early nowadays. Don't want to stress myself with work for now.

Tomorrow?........no plans. I'll just do my laundry and rest. I think I need it. All reading and no rest make obi a dull boy.

So what are your plans for tomorrow?
Oh, tomorrow has already come and gone before I could even reply. Stayed indoors all day typing as you know. Ain't easy. Almost procastinated despite the fact the publisher is on our neck for the last manuscript. Tk God for my lord he kept me going. In fact I can only imagine how light and normal I'm become when this all over because I can say my life has been so abnormal these days. Just work, work and work.
Re: Tag And Answer by Obinoscopy(m): 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
HFOG:
Oh, tomorrow has already come and gone before I could even reply. Stayed indoors all day typing as you know. Ain't easy. Almost procastinated despite the fact the publisher is on our neck for the last manuscript. Tk God for my lord he kept me going. In fact I can only imagine how light and normal I'm become when this all over because I can say my life has been so abnormal these days. Just work, work and work.
Eiyah. Don't worry, it will pass.
Re: Tag And Answer by GatJokez(f): 2:59am On Oct 02, 2014
Tagged by cirmuell
1) What was the last book you read? - Towers of Midnight - Book 13 of The Wheel of Time series

2) How Old will you be at your next birthday? - +1 wink

3) What do you love more than anything - love

4)What is your song of the week - Bailando

5) Do you still watch cartoons? - Some cool tongue

6) Have you ever gotten into a fight? - kinda embarassed

7) Favourite food? - pilaf

8 ) Are you lazy? - no, not me

9) Are you afraid of heights - a lil

10) Zodiac sign - Virgo

11) Favourite thing ever - traveling

12) Can you die for anyone? hmmm...

13) Ever been in love? - well, off-course, who hasn't tongue

14) Do you miss anyone right now - yes

15) Who was the last person to call you? - friend

16) Last crush? - smiley embarassed cheesy

17) If you could have one super power what would it be? - Ability to Teleport ... no, Invisibility grin like cirmuell said grin grin grin

18)What’s the most important thing you look for in a significant other? - the things that mean to me the most grin

19) can you go bungee jumping? - no way undecided

20) most stressful thing you've ever done? grow up grin

Tags: dre11, prof800, Obinoscopy, ...

1 Like

Re: Tag And Answer by HFOG(f): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Obinoscopy: Eiyah. Don't worry, it will pass.
Amen and amen sir. How are you doing today? Me took a break from typing and went to school to attend to some issues. Thought I'll have the whole day off but my lord wants to put on the gen now sad
Re: Tag And Answer by HFOG(f): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Eiyah. Don't worry, it will pass.
Amen oh my dear. Can hardly wait. How are you sir? Saw something about my baby (Tracey) wooing you. What's that pls?
Re: Tag And Answer by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 03, 2014
What was the last book you read?

Forget that one
2)How Old will you be at your next birthday?
+2

3) What do you love more than anything
The Yoruba

4)What is your song of the week
I like Anifowose- Olamide
(correct bro)
5)Do you still watch cartoons?
Yes

6)Have you ever gotten into a fight?
Hmmm,nope.

7)Favourite food?
Pounded yam and egusi

coolAre you lazy?
No

9)Are you afraid of heights
yes

10)Zodiac sign:
scorpio

11) Favorite thing ever:
don't know
12) Can you die for anyone?
I think so

13)Ever been in love?
Yeah..

14)Do you miss anyone right now.
Nope

15)Who was the last person to call you?
My bro.

16)Last crush?
One girl like that

17)If you could have one super power what would it be?
To destroy all the foreign religions in Africa(exactly)

18)What’s the most important thing you look for in a significant other

don't know really..

19)can you go bungee jumping?
Not sure I even know what this means...I'll pass too

20)most stressful thing you've ever done

Trying to make a Christian/Muslim see the fraud of his religion...most of them are too dumb too see it without help(most can't even see with helpgrin)

@Macof sup
Re: Tag And Answer by mcfynest(m): 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2014
Ladystewie:
Rules of the game
answer the questions asked and tag 3 people to answer the questions
let's keep it rolling grin

1) What was the last book you read?FROM BABYLON TO TIMBUKTU

2)How Old will you be at your next birthday?HAHAHAHAHA

3) What do you love more than anything[b]SEEKING THE TRUTH[/b]

4)What is your song of the week[b]BOOK OF LIFE[/b]

5)Do you still watch cartoons?YES ALOT, I AM A FREAK

6)Have you ever gotten into a fight?IF YOU MEAN BLOWS, YES I WAS SAY 10 YEARS OLD THEN, I HAD A SWOLLEN MOUTH THOUGH....LOL

7)Favourite food?POUNDED YAM AND EFO RIRO WITH ORISIRISI

coolAre you lazy?NOPE

9)Are you afraid of heights[b]YES, I CANT STAND LOOKING DOWN FROM BRIDGES, I FEEL AS THOUGH I WOULD FALL, AND I DONT LIKE ELIVATORS, I HAVE THIS SENSATION IN MY BODY WHENEVER AM IN IT[/b]

10)Zodiac sign:DONT BELIEVE

11) Favorite thing ever:DISCUSSING GOD

12) Can you die for anyone?I RESEMBLE JESUS?

13)Ever been in love?YES BUT SHE IS ALWAYS FRIEND ZONING ME! I ALSO LOVE MY FIANCE, THOUGH CHRIST LOVE IS THE BEST, YOU KNOW LOVE IS LIKE SICKNESS, IT DOESNT LAST FOREVER

14)Do you miss anyone right now[b]YES, OBADIAH777, MOSTHIGH,[/b]

15)Who was the last person to call you?HAHAHA MY WOMAN JUST CALLED ME NOW

16)Last crush?DUNNO

17)If you could have one super power what would it be? ABILITY TO GO BACK TO CHANGE SOME STUFF AND THE ABILITY OF NOT TO BE SCARED OF RATS...LOL

18)What’s the most important thing you look for in a significant other CHRIST LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING
19)can you go bungee jumping?[/b]HUH? [/b]

20)most stressful thing you've ever done[b]I WILL PASS[/b]

Pagan9ja
folykaze
biafranqueen
ishilove
canme4u
mayorall
tgirl4real
muskeeto
manmustwac
forsbel
atmc

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Strange And Unusual Dates This Year, October Stands Out! / The Nigerian Police Force: How do you view them? / Music Used For Airtel Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.