Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Common Wi-fi Problem And Fast Fixes - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Common Wi-fi Problem And Fast Fixes (628 Views)

Ups Inverter Problem And Solution. / How Fast Is MTN BIS With Wi-free Or Sandwich / The Best Among PD Proxy, Above VPN, Wi Free , Sandwich VPN And Tunnel Guru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common Wi-fi Problem And Fast Fixes by newspostng(m): 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Wireless technology just changed everything from crappy wires to easy portable network, but still every good thing brings something painful right with it so people face many Wi-Fi problems and we are just going to discus the most common 10 problem people usually face with their Wi-Fi. Well we have some easy solutions that might solve your problem.
#1. I cannot connect to my router, How do I resolve this ?
This is the major problem with many causes and can hit any kind of router no matter it’s the expensive one or just a normal one.

If this problem occurs to you make sure that your router is configured to Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). If its is just try to disable and re-enable it.
The second thing you can try is disabling the WEP security, because this security can interfere and drop your IP address.
The last thing you can check for are the electrical interference something like microwave, alarm clock or any other thing that be interfering with your Wi-Fi router so disabling those devices may help you out.

If you are still not able to get your laptop connected to the router than you can simply reboot your router and computer and than restart again to see if now its working.

#2. What steps should I take to secure my Wi-Fi network ?
This is the normal question that arises in everyone’s mind when they first purchase a new router and get a new broadband connection fit in their house. They just want no outside intruder can access their connection except them so normally there are some steps you can take officially to protect your Wi-Fi Network.

Wi-Fi Router normally comes with a WEP and WPA security encryption in which WPA is the best as it allows you to add numbers and words for premium security. Now to enable this security go to router administrator page by accessing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, now under Wireless Security click on enable WPA and add your key and than press save and your router will reboot.
The second thing you can do is Disabling the SSID (Service Set Identifier) broadcasting, so that hackers are not able to see my Wi-Fi network and this will some relief.
The third can be done is too enable the router’s hardware firewall, that will block any suspicious connection.
The last thing you can do is to disable the file sharing option for optimum security.

#3. How do I open ports on my router ?

Many functions and applications like personal web server, online gaming, IP Webcams, FTP Servers require you to open ports on your router to allow outside request to be sent to an internal computer on a home network. Well this procedure.................

Read Full ten problems Here

(1) (Reply)

This Blue Screen And flickering search Engine Kill Softly! / Help Me Recover My Files / Buy Original Software / Antivirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.