Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,734 members, 7,851,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

Be Still.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Still.... (371 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Still.... by sabimson(m): 7:30am On Sep 07, 2014
Be still...

There is a mad rush, a constant stretch, seeking and being sought, yet we are strained, frail and wasted.

But be still...

Do not trade your fellowship with God for anything. When the enemy seeks to flatten you, your daily devotion is often the first casualty. You begin to give excuses. Sometimes you rationalise the misses. You might even try to find pious comfort in the rhetorics of God's love. But don't push this too far. Stretch yourself. Get back into the mix. While I appreciate the confidence you might exude about never looking back, there must be a corresponding response of always looking up. Remember that the man who is prone to falling is the one who 'thinks' he is standing. Assumption is a dangerous choice in this Christian race. I can relate with the mad rush of this postmodern age. But you must realise that early morning time with God is often a guarantee of a sustained fellowship with Him throughout the day. It should be a delight and not an unwelcome necessity. You get home late. I agree. I know you wake up late. I understand you feel tired, times are tight, etc. But shake off all these, and place discipline at the center of your love and hunger for Him. Make the Psalmist's lines your pursuit too... O God, My God, EARLY will I seek you....Always make him an early delight.

Be still...

If it's a day or some days or a weekend, aside your daily devotions, seek to be alone with your God. Your spirit needs it. Our strengths come from waiting on Him. Beyond the trappings of our daily routines and inner agitations, he wants to gently whisper. Oh, how we long to see His face! Be still....

Happy Sunday!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Still.... by mployer(m): 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
Nice one smiley

(1) (Reply)

See Gobe; Ebola In Oau / AFTER DIVINE RESCUE......NOW SERVICE TO HUMANITY! / Satan Hindered Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.