Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary (3783 Views)

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary / Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by clemigho(m): 12:54am On Sep 08, 2014
A hearty birthday to the mother of my/our saviour, VIRGIN MARY!!!
I beseech you that in a special way that today being your day, you intercede for peace to reign in the whole world, most especially in my country Nigeria, also that God will turn the hearts of men from evil.
Amen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by kilokeys(m): 1:45am On Sep 08, 2014
it amazes me.. are u a christian at all?.. or an idol worshipper.. what role does does mary play in heaven?.. read ur bible.
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by kropelgrada(m): 2:22am On Sep 08, 2014
Queen Of Peace Pray For Us

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Roland17(m): 3:40am On Sep 08, 2014
kilokeys: it amazes me.. are u a christian at all?.. or an idol worshipper.. what role does does mary play in heaven?.. read ur bible.

Guy,

You are the one who needs to read and understand your bible..

4 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Pavore9: 5:19am On Sep 08, 2014
kilokeys: it amazes me.. are u a christian at all?.. or an idol worshipper.. what role does does mary play in heaven?.. read ur bible.
Just like the OP, l am entitled to my Catholic faith and do not need your approval!

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Pavore9: 5:22am On Sep 08, 2014
Salama Maria! (Hail Mary in Swahili)
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by clemigho(m): 5:50am On Sep 08, 2014
Pavore9: Just like the OP,l am entitled to my Catholic faith and do not need your approval.!
@ kilokeys & others that share the same views, Pavore's post answers u all... I stand tall to profess my faith & belief.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by clemigho(m): 5:54am On Sep 08, 2014
God's angel acknowledge U

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by clemigho(m): 5:58am On Sep 08, 2014
Even John the Baptist & his Mother also venerated U...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2014
We do not usually celebrate the birthdays of the saints. Instead, we celebrate the day each died, because that is the day each was born into the joys of heaven. But the birthday of Mary, our Blessed Mother, is an exception. We do celebrate her birthday because she came into this world full of grace and because she was to be the Mother of Jesus.
The birth of Our Lady was like a dawn. When the sky starts to turn a rosy pink early in the morning, we know the sun will soon come up. In the same way, when Mary was born, she brought great happiness to the world. Her birth meant that soon Jesus, the Sun of justice, would appear. Mary was the wonderful human being whose privilege it was to bring the Lord Jesus to all people.

Even today, if we have Mary, we have Jesus. This is because Mary always brings her Son. When we go to Mary, she leads us to Jesus. Whoever is very devoted to her is very close to the heart of Jesus.

We can make Mary’s birthday special by saying the Hail Mary often throughout the day.

[b]N.B

As A Catholic, never be depressed when people criticize you for honoring Mary. They dont know what they are missing. Most "So called Bible believing Christians" are content in enlarging the pictures of their girlfriends and hanging it all over there room. But they would never buy a statue of the Virgin Mary. If you do so, the say you are "An idol worshipper" like the foolish posters above me. Satan knows how powerful this woman is. Thats why he is always finggering the brains of most protestants so that they will revolt against her. But as far as am concerned, this is the Woman that connects me immediately and directly to Jesus. Those who dont understand the relationship of a Mother and a Son even on earth especially those who beat their mothers will never understand what am saying. E.g; if you want me to do anything faster for you, make that request through my biological mum.... I don't really know how this woman does this. But it works like magic. I will simply obey... No questions asked. Same applies to the relation ship between Jesus and the blessed Virgin Mary. Jesus will always complain but will eventually obey. Let me ask most of these ignorant protestants who keep on calling us Idol worshipers some questions. First and foremost; was Virgin Mary the only Virgin in her country when God decided that Jesus will come and save us? Has any of you though about how special she is to God? Do you people remember Romans 9:15? "I will show mercy to anyone I choose and I will show compassion to anyone I choose. So it is God who decides to show mercy and compassion. We can neither choose it nor work for it"! Again, do you guys Remember the wedding feast at Cana? Why did the apostles not go directly to Jesus? Remember what happened at the cross between Jesus Mary and John? Remember what happened at the upper room when the holy spirit descended on them? Who can remember the only Woman present whose name was mentioned? Why were the names of other women present not mentioned? Only God knows the Powerful, spiritual power he gave to the blessed Virgin Mary.[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 08, 2014
Pavore9: Salama Maria! (Hail Mary in Swahili)

Ekene Maria! (Igbos represented).

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Chy27: 8:33am On Sep 08, 2014
Happy birthday dear mother. Pls continue to intercede for us your poor children.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 08, 2014
Hail mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee,blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of the womb JESUS. Holy mary, mother of God, pray for Us sinners now and at the hour of death. Amen!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY our LADY OF FATIMA
Help of christain pray for us
Comforter of the afflicted pray for us
Queen of heaven pray for us
Mother of GOD pray for us
Mother of my family pray for us
Mother of Nigeria pray for us
I Love you mummy and kiss my savior for me to grant my heartdesires and bless those seeking for the fruit of the womb. Amen..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by jnrbayano(m): 9:33am On Sep 08, 2014
I follow you salute her on this special day.

Happy birthday the Vessel of Honour!!

Anyi a nara go gi ebe uwa juru gi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by cocoberry(f): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2014
Whoever doubt Virgin Mary, Doubt d Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ!

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 08, 2014
Happy birthday to you my ' morning star'.

Haters keep hating since 1961. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 08, 2014
Luke1:43

But, why am I privileged that the mother of my lord should come and visit me

If Elizabeth who is holy was only privileged to receive the Mother of afflicted, Virgin most prudent, Seat of Wisdom, Mystical Rose etc , who am I?, An ordinary lad in the sight of God to be recieving her dialy. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by cocoberry(f): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2014
Happy birthday to my Queen conceived without original sin!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by jnrbayano(m): 9:50am On Sep 08, 2014
Mum4all, Chy27, Step2002, exxell, clemigho, Pavore9, Roland17, kropelgrada, cocoberry...

https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/191#26116729

Please visit the thread whenever you have time brethren.

It's our Catholic home on nairaland.

smiley
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by TheBigUrban2: 9:51am On Sep 08, 2014
According to the pictures on this thread, Mary is a white European woman undecided

Furthermore, how can today be her birthday? There is nowhere in the bible that it is written.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2014
TheBigUrban2: According to the pictures on this thread, Mary is a white European woman undecided

Furthermore, how can today be her birthday? There is nowhere in the bible that it is written.

Says a frustrated 'atheist'. Protestant wannabee undecided undecided

It doesn't have to be in the bible or where is "Sola biblica" written in the bible?

smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 08, 2014
Pavore9: Just like the OP,l am entitled to my Catholic faith and do not need your approval.!
I don't know why they keep bashing Catholics, it's not by force to be a catholic. We are all Christians, serve God in the way and manner that pleases you so abeg haters make una free us, serve God the way you and and we will the way we want after all we all will carry our cross and answer our names individually that day.

#Teamcatholicforever# smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by TheBigUrban2: 10:01am On Sep 08, 2014
FrancisTony:

Says a frustrated 'atheist'. Protestant wannabee undecided undecided

It doesn't have to be in the bible or where is "Sola biblica" written in the bible?

smiley

Truth is bitter!!
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 08, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Truth is bitter!!

Same way Lie is bitter.
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2014
How una take come know which day dem born am sef?
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by kilokeys(m): 10:39am On Sep 08, 2014
she is just being idolized.. we have made her a distraction to the main truth.. u want her to pray for u...lol.. laughable.. why cant y'all pray for urselves.
its easy
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by kilokeys(m): 10:42am On Sep 08, 2014
cocoberry: Whoever doubt Virgin Mary, Doubt d Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ!

i am nt doubting her existence. i am just curious abt her rrelevance in heaven and prayers.. it baffles me... christ is d way, the truth and the life.

her roles ended here on earth. she is blessed.
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Tranglatar(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2014
Hail Queen of Heaven
The ocean Star,
guide of the wanderer here below
thrown on life surge
we claim Your care
save us from peril and from woe
Mother of Christ, Star of the sea
pray for the wanderer pray for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by crosswire(m): 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
kilokeys:
i am nt doubting her existence. i am just curious abt her rrelevance in heaven and prayers.. it baffles me... christ is d way, the truth and the life.
her roles ended here on earth. she is blessed.
The explanation is a little bit complicated, not what one can answer with a few sentences. This question has been answered numerous times over, centuries ago. If you want I can do some research and copy paste some stuff for you
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
crosswire:
The explanation is a little bit complicated, not what one can answer with a few sentences. This question has been answered numerous times over, centuries ago. If you want I can do some research and copy paste some stuff for you

You dont need to explain anything bro because;

“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”............. St. Thomas Aquinas

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by Valfrankie(m): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
Litany of the Blessed
Virgin Mary

Lord, have mercy on us.

Christ, have mercy on us.

Lord, have mercy on us.

Christ, hear us.

Christ, graciously hear us.

God the Father of Heaven,

Have mercy on us.

God the Son, Redeemer of the
world,
Have mercy on us.

God the Holy Ghost,
Have mercy on us.

Holy Trinity, one God,
Have mercy on us.

Holy Mary,
pray for us.
Holy Mother of God,
pray for us.
Holy Virgin of virgins,
pray for us.
Mother of Christ,
pray for us.
Mother of divine grace,
pray for us.
Mother most pure,
pray for us.
Mother most chaste,
pray for us.
Mother inviolate,
pray for us.
Mother undefiled,
pray for us.
Mother most amiable,
pray for us.
Mother most admirable,
pray for us.
Mother of good counsel,
pray for us.
Mother of our Creator,
pray for us.
Mother of our Savior,
pray for us.
Virgin most prudent,
pray for us.
Virgin most venerable,
pray for us.
Virgin most renowned,
pray for us.
Virgin most powerful,
pray for us.
Virgin most merciful,
pray for us.
Virgin most faithful,
pray for us.
Mirror of justice,
pray for us.
Seat of wisdom,
pray for us.
Cause of our joy,
pray for us.
Spiritual vessel,
pray for us.
Vessel of honor,
pray for us.
Singular vessel of devotion,
pray for us.
Mystical rose,
pray for us.
Tower of David,
pray for us.
Tower of ivory,
pray for us.
House of gold,
pray for us.
Ark of the Covenant,
pray for us.
Gate of Heaven,
pray for us.
Morning star,
pray for us.
Health of the sick,
pray for us.
Refuge of sinners,
pray for us.
Comforter of the afflicted,
pray for us.
Help of Christians,
pray for us.
Queen of angels,
pray for us.
Queen of patriarchs,
pray for us.
Queen of prophets,
pray for us.
Queen of apostles,
pray for us.
Queen of martyrs,
pray for us.
Queen of confessors,
pray for us.
Queen of virgins,
pray for us.
Queen of all saints,
pray for us.
Queen conceived without
Original Sin,
pray for us.
Queen assumed into Heaven,
pray for us.
Queen of the most holy Rosary,
pray for us.
Queen of peace,
pray for us.
Lamb of God, who takes away
the sins of the world,
Spare us, O Lord.
the sins of the world,
Graciously hear us, O Lord.
the sins of the world,
Have mercy on us.
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of
God,
That we may be made worthy of
the promises of Christ.
Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord
God, that we Thy Servants may
enjoy perpetual health of mind
and body and by the glorious
intercession of the Blessed
Mary, ever Virgin, be delivered
from present sorrow and unjoy
enternal happiness. Through
Christ Our Lord. Amen.

I SO LOVE MARY, SHE'S MY MOTHER AND MY STRENGTH. GREETINGS TO ALL MARIANS IN THE HOUSE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary by jnrbayano(m): 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
Tranglatar: Hail Queen of Heaven
The ocean Star,
guide of the wanderer here below
thrown on life surge
we claim Your care
save us from peril and from woe
Mother of Christ, Star of the sea
pray for the wanderer pray for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

O Gentle Chaste, a spotless maid
We Sinners make our prayers through thee
Remind your son that he has paid
A price of our iniquity
Virgin most pure, star of the sea
Pray for the sinners, pray for me....

My Mtn callertunez for the past one year and still on....

Beautiful song smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

If He Marries Another Woman... / I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion / Tutelage By The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.