Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* (1901 Views)

Popular Works Of African Poets. / Photo Comic Adaptation Of Valentino / Famous Books Of African Authors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Raymand(m): 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2006
Yup it's finally out, my photo comic interpretation of Lancelot Imasuen's movie 'African Heroes'. The movie follows the trials and hurdles six reggae musicians pass through (which kind of mirrors the contemporary African situation) as they try to get to Benin city for a concert, from police troubles to car troubles to ego troubles and what not, but there is always that undertone of 'the bright light at the end of a dark tunnel'.

E-book download link:
*Original link is dead, mail me if you are still intrested osmineditor1@hotmail.com*

Format:
ZIP, PDF (Adobe reader required)

Size:
2.62MB

The photos and concept belong to Mr. Lancelot Imasuen, I take no credit for this work all i did was to edit the dialogues, add ballons and captions nothing special.

Please reply

Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by IAH(f): 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2006
Wow! I like the concept. It's really nice. kiss kiss
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Seun(m): 11:23pm On Jul 26, 2006
Me too. Proves that photo-comics can be really engaging if the script/story is alright.
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by ladex142(m): 1:45am On Jul 27, 2006
nice grin
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Raymand(m): 7:47am On Jul 27, 2006
Thanks for your positive replies guys smiley
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:54am On Jul 28, 2006
Where is the rest man, i enjoyed it thi, it was creative
2 thumps up well done smiley
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Rams(m): 3:47am On Jul 30, 2006
Well done. I enjoyed it.
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Seun(m): 9:19am On Jul 30, 2006
Just posted my own photocomic (non-fiction, though, but should be relevant):
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-19151.0.html
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Raymand(m): 2:16am On Jul 31, 2006
The second issue is up for download, please check it out and write your feedbacks here, (Critics needed)

Link:
http://www.x-ess.com/file.php?file=70aeb039b10755d16e201308c903ddfc Issue two here
(copy and paste link into your browser, wait for download ticket countdown, download and enjoy)

Format:
ZIP, PDF (Adobe Reader required)

File size:
3.15MB (keeps getting bigger and better smiley )
*LINK WORKS*

Thanks to the people who downloaded my E- book, you guys rule! cool
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Seun(m): 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2006
I'm just about to download it. Well done, my friend.

UPDATE: I could not download it. Why not try a different file hosting service?
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Raymand(m): 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2006
Are you truely intrested the server i uploaded it to deleted the file because people stopped downloading it (the second one had just 3 downloads), i just felt i'd stop and do something else. . .Thanks for the support cool
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Seun(m): 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2006
Id love to read the part 2 story. You did a great job on it.
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Raymand(m): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2006
After long hours i finally uploaded the part 2 . . . njoy

http://www.x-ess.com/file.php?file=70aeb039b10755d16e201308c903ddfc

download button is at the bottom of the page

Hope you like it as you did the first one. . . tongue Please reply after you've finished reading it (would love you to critisize)
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Seun(m): 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2006
Thanks for the comic. It was rather interesting. The main challenge you have is lack of copyright ownership!

Also, I wish the layout was a uniform (2x4 or 3x3 or 1x3 grid) and not random like what you have!
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Raymand(m): 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2006
Aight, i'll work on it. . . and as for the copyright, well, i wonder who'd stoop so low to claim another persons work as his. . . Thanks.
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Seun(m): 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2006
Didn't you derive the photocomic from a popular Nigerian home video owned by someone else?
Re: Photo Comic Adaptation Of 'African Heroes' Movie *updated* by Raymand(m): 6:11am On Oct 05, 2006
Oh that's what you mean, well yes i did, and i painstakingly gave credit to the director. I wish i could do mine with my story or something, only that my drawing skills are unimpressive and i don't have willing actors to take photos of. . . sad

(1) (Reply)

My Husband(a Poem) Dedicated To Flakkydagirl. / Lonely Wife!!��[18+] Must Read!! / Post a topic or comment and Earn Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.