Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,898 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Should I Do A Job Restitution??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Do A Job Restitution??? (814 Views)

Age Falsification: How Do I Make Restitution? / The Reality Of Restitution –when, How , Why……….. / Restitution: A Bitter Pill To Swallow! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by Freest(m): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
Greetings my people. Though i created this thread before, still had to bring it up here because it disturbs me some how, and Please i really need your suggestions.
Graduated two years ago from a popular higher institution and have been without a job which made life uneasy until recently a friend called and told me of a job secured with high connections. I applied and was called for interview. That same day, we were asked to come with a filled copy of our forms signed by a chief judge. My friend had already signed his, but i had no such connection nor the huge cash being demanded for at that time by the legal practitioner to append his signature,and afterall the clock was ticking on me as it was needed asap. Since i am very good with computer, i scanned and edited the Judges stamp and signature from my friends document and placed it on mine. Finally i got the job. But now, after a whike working with this guys, i don't feel good with myself. The fear that am gonna get caught is eating me up, since that is a criminal offence, not just with an ordinary citizen but impersonating a legal practitioner, and also my faith in God, as this is a Sin against God. Now am in dilemma as to what to do. A part of me wants to go and meet the judge, tell him everything that happened and apologize damning the consequences that will result from my actions. The other part wants to just keep quiet, and continue with the job knowing that i have asked God for mercy. This job has helped me alot. Helped my family too, makes me look like a man and i really dont wish to loose it. I need candid advice and suggestions please. Thanks alot!!!
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Old things are passed away, all things are now new. If you like resign sha.

1 Like

Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by bumdish: 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chairman, while your fear is not unfounded, only one thing comes to mind: "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by Freest(m): 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
bumdish: Chairman, while your fear is not unfounded, only one thing comes to mind: "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"
So your point is
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by Freest(m): 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
teeo: Old things are passed away, all things are now new. If you like resign sha.
Thanks baba... But don't still get you fully... Should i let it pass since old things are passed? I know God forgives sins ni, and am sure he has forgiven anyway, but what are you really saying?
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Continue the job, be on the lookout for another. Don't be unnecessarily fearful, I think. Don't plunge into penury because of an unfounded fear. You probably don't know God's mind

2 Likes

Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by emmyskies(m): 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
What you did is not a right thing to do. You have to tell the judge, if it means you loosing your job, loose it. In the sight of the Almighty GOD, He will be proud you did the right thing. And He will sure bless you with another job.

This is what it means to serve GOD, this is what it means to fear GOD. Do the restitution to the glory of King JESUS CHRIST
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by Gombs(m): 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
Freest: Greetings my people. Though i created this thread before, still had to bring it up here because it disturbs me some how, and Please i really need your suggestions.
Graduated two years ago from a popular higher institution and have been without a job which made life uneasy until recently a friend called and told me of a job secured with high connections. I applied and was called for interview. That same day, we were asked to come with a filled copy of our forms signed by a chief judge. My friend had already signed his, but i had no such connection nor the huge cash being demanded for at that time by the legal practitioner to append his signature,and afterall the clock was ticking on me as it was needed asap. Since i am very good with computer, i scanned and edited the Judges stamp and signature from my friends document and placed it on mine. Finally i got the job. But now, after a whike working with this guys, i don't feel good with myself. The fear that am gonna get caught is eating me up, since that is a criminal offence, not just with an ordinary citizen but impersonating a legal practitioner, and also my faith in God, as this is a Sin against God. Now am in dilemma as to what to do. A part of me wants to go and meet the judge, tell him everything that happened and apologize damning the consequences that will result from my actions. The other part wants to just keep quiet, and continue with the job knowing that i have asked God for mercy. This job has helped me alot. Helped my family too, makes me look like a man and i really dont wish to loose it. I need candid advice and suggestions please. Thanks alot!!!

Resign or meet the judge or your boss to clear issues,... whatever you do, don't keep working there with forged signature, if you get bursted, which one day you will, esp when reviewing your file for promotion or transfer... it's like felony in the US
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by BodyKiss(m): 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
First, I would advice you keep religion and spirituality out of it, and take full responsibility. This would help you reason rationally.

I wouldn't advice you tell your boss or the judge, unless you know their kind of persons, and you can assume the possible outcome won't be too great negatively on you.

My best bet as I can see it, is to make a plan to resign from the said job in nearest future. My opinion
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by asalimpo(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
Use it. And when busted plead duress cuz the mofo judge was a pig askg for dash b4 appending his signature. He appended for your friend but not you. What option was there other than to lie.
If it goes to court,sue your employers for complicating the process and making recruitment based on racketeering/man-know-man criteria. For an edge, ask if the quality of your output can be differentiated from those who came in thru c*ck-suckg/azzkissg som high up "Daddy"/God Father.
You did it under duress.
The comparison of Nigerian legal system with U.S is unfounded cuz over there the system is fairer and more humane. People ar judged on merits not azzkissg.
Be on d lookout for another job.
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by alexleo(m): 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
teeo: Old things are passed away, all things are now new. If you like resign sha.

Stop misapplying the bible.
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by alexleo(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Freest: Greetings my people. Though i created this thread before, still had to bring it up here because it disturbs me some how, and Please i really need your suggestions.

Bro don't be deceived by the devil. You must have to make restitutions both to the company and to the judge. First of all pray God to help and guide,protect and favour you by his mercies.

Secondly go to the judge and tell him what you did then finally go to the company and confess too.

The eternal destiny of your soul is more important than whatever gain of this world.
Romans 8:18.
18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us".

You may even be surprised that the turn out will favour you more than you think. Satan can put fear to deny you God's favour and heaven at last. May God help you. Amen
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by frank317: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
Guy pls do nt listen to all these people asking u to leave the job. They are nothing but haters who would prefer u to be as jobless are they are. They want to use God to decieve you to leave your job. If it wasn't God that gave you this job the who did? U had no job but to do what u did, if God wanted to punish u he would have allowed u not to succeed. Its ur destiny to make it like this. Don't allow haters to make u make urself jobless
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by alexleo(m): 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
frank317: Guy pls do nt listen to all these people asking u to leave the job. They are nothing but haters who would prefer u to be as jobless are they are. They want to use God to decieve you to leave your job. If it wasn't God that gave you this job the who did? U had no job but to do what u did, if God wanted to punish u he would have allowed u not to succeed. Its ur destiny to make it like this. Don't allow haters to make u make urself jobless

You sat in your room and call some persons jobless? People like you are carrying files in another man's office and he is giving you some small change as salary and you come here to make noise. May be i should call you a jobful man since others are jobless to you.

Why dont you tell a rapist that if God didnt want him to rape he wouldnt have allowed him have access to the girl he raped. Also tell an armed robber that if God didnt like what he was doing he wouldnt have allowed him to succeed in the robbery. And tell boko haram that if God didnt like what they are doing he wouldnt have allowed them succeed in their bombings.

Go and work on your brain.
Re: Should I Do A Job Restitution??? by frank317: 8:48am On Sep 17, 2014
alexleo:

You sat in your room and call some persons jobless? People like you are carrying files in another man's office and he is giving you some small change as salary and you come here to make noise. May be i should call you a jobful man since others are jobless to you.

Why dont you tell a rapist that if God didnt want him to rape he wouldnt have allowed him have access to the girl he raped. Also tell an armed robber that if God didnt like what he was doing he wouldnt have allowed him to succeed in the robbery. And tell boko haram that if God didnt like what they are doing he wouldnt have allowed them succeed in their bombings.

Go and work on your brain.

Wise man, read all u wrote above and always knock urself on the head whenever u say 'God knows why it happened'.
Bunch of confused religious folKs

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Sin? / God's Message For You In Year 2015 / See What The Love Of Money Caused At A Church In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.