Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,615 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Build A Search Engine Today! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Build A Search Engine Today! (584 Views)

My Web App: NoPay - A Search Engine For Free Things Like Airtime, Data, Etc / A Search Engine Marketing Strategy / Building A Search Engine Like Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Build A Search Engine Today! by wigo: 2:20am On Sep 09, 2014
Before i start,i want to say that i don't have a PC not to talk of tring it,what's that?!!!
"Creating a search Engine".
I've been researching on this ever since i knew what they are.But i lack resources to carry out my plans,like i said,i don't have a pc.
So i wan't to CHALLENGE all Nigerian Webmasters to go beyond creating a blog and doing SEO based on alogriths written by other people----to----creating Alogrithms for others to follow.
Few have ever thought of this,others who have never got anywhere,some have unfinished projects saved in a forgotten drive in their computers.if you're in this category,go and fetch it out and dust it and if you haven't ventured into it,i dare you to give it a try,who knows in a few months,your search Engine will be competing with other growing ones and possibly poke a challenge @ google.

What do you need for your SE?
It might interest you to know that a fast growing SE like "gigablast" is running on JUST 8 servers each having a twin to help in case of any emergency.

But,you might not be going that far for now.you can create you own SE in less than 10minutes and send it out crawling and indexing. ALL YOU JUST NEED IS THE COMPUTER YOU USE IN PLAYING GAME FROM 4P.M to 7P.M and as little as 30mins to set it up
Re: Build A Search Engine Today! by wigo: 2:29am On Sep 09, 2014
The above mentioned SE "gigablast" was created with Java and C++ but yours will be created using an already made platform which you can edit,direct and control. I have lost most of my materials on this project but before i loose the last one i want to hand it over to 9ja webmasters.

Here's the link==> blog.building-blocks.com/technical-tips/building-a-search-engine-with-nutch-and-solr-in-10-minutes

you can decide to leave this information behind thinking you don't have the materials but before you do so,take a look at this article(10 World Famous
Companies that Started
in Garages) ===> www.retireat21.com/blog/10-companies-started-garages

you now have a muddy foundation,muddy because,it's not an infographic illustration but you can make it stronger and start your company in your Backyard
NOTE:surely CHALLENGES will come around but if you can keep them behind and keep your HEAD above the sea,i bet you you won't get drowned and you'll have a story to tell and don't 4get; If not for the troubles faced,the story won't be interesting.!!!
Re: Build A Search Engine Today! by wigo: 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
Happy sunday guys

(1) (Reply)

How To Import Your Phones And Accessories From Hong Kong / EU Approves Facebook, Whatsapp Merger / Does The New Law Affect Bloggers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.