Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North (465 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The North by Freest(m): 9:39am On Sep 09, 2014
Okoawo Ofeimu Obed

The NORTH:
A region once dominated by economic viability.
A region once crowned with leadership.
A region once living under security buoyancy.
A region once controlled by selfless men and worth the name.
A region that once served as the economic nerve centre of west Africa.
Selflessness & love were its foundation.
Security & peaceful co-existence were its pillars.
Trust & honesty were its walls.
Leadership & military might were its roof.
And godliness was its house.
Our past heroes will never forgive us.
The region they built on equity, justice & accountability is on fire.
We have rulers today but not single leader.
Selfishness & greed is their lot.
Public theft & social recognition has blinded us.
We are literally responsible for our own destruction.
Our rulers have worn a price tag on their chests.
They are easily bought.
Don't even talk of the royal houses.
We are simply on a sinking ship without a captain.
The educated ones are all waiting for their turn to steal so they can live in mansions & drive exclusive cars.
And the common slogan is,
"there's nothing we can do"
He who stands for the truth is mocked at.
Our roof is on fire with incessant bombs.
Our foundation is sinking in ignorance & drug addiction.
Our walls are falling apart because nobody cares.
Our concern for an immediate & drastic solution is a fiasco.
Our neighbor's house is on fire but we care not because we're enjoying the luxury of my ill-gotten mansion.
Everyday someone dies as a result of justice,
prepare for the day you will die because of injustice.
Talk to your parents, your uncles, your friends.
Let them provide a lasting solution for us.
This insecurity will soon consume the north & like prophecies, we will become the underdogs.
How did we get here?
Reading through the papers last night, and i couldn't help but ask myself HOW DID WE GET HERE?
Who is deceiving who?
Today APC calls PDP a goat, tomorrow PDP calls APC a cow. All those in APC where ex's of PDP, and they are jumping from one party to another depending on what favours their pockets and they think Nigerian's are idiots.
It wouldn't last long, cos we need leader's in this country and not rulers who cares solely for their pockets.
The incessant bomb fiesta in the North has been politicised, its now a blame shift battle, our heroes past will not forgive this dispensation for using the lives of citizens to play politics. No politicians life is more important than any one civilian!!!
#bringbackourgirls# is now a melodious song in the mouth of politicians that they can sing while smiling,... Using the naira sign as hash sign...
Scores of citizens dies daily just to satisfy some person's greed for power, thru the states and federation. This is disheartening. Its a shame we as a Nation can't learn from the last civil war that this Nation is yet to recover from instead we are gradually sailing the National ship into another wreck. We are yearning for another civil war without seeing it!!!
I call for the six geopolitical zone of this country, i call for all political parties, all sovereign bodies, all NGO's, all Religious body, to call for conferences and have a rethink, we may not see this now, but the consequences of our actions or inactions maybe detrimental except we start talking and putting and end to this menace.
Its well
Okoawo o. Obed...
Re: The North by deeobserver209(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2014
That's why the National Conference was set up. To correct the wrongs and ills of the past.
The current structure of Nigeria is the major problem.

(1) (Reply)

9ice Formally Declares! (pic) / Victims Of Administrative Injustice / Honour At Long Last For Designer Of Nigerian Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.