Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,676 members, 7,851,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:48 PM

Religious Quotes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Quotes (438 Views)

Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? / ** Religious Intolerance In Nigeria- Who Is Culpable?? ** / Should Religious Organizations Be Made To Pay Taxes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religious Quotes by chemystery: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2014
Here are my top religious quote - my best is number 8:

1. It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.

2. Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - the all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths.

3. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.

4. When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray". We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and the had the land.

5. No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: he is always convinced that it says what he means.

6. We are punished by our sins; not for them.

7. I know the Bible is inspired because it inspires me.

8. I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than to live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.

So share yours...
Re: Religious Quotes by amichaelz101(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2014
Rubbish
Re: Religious Quotes by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2014
Martian: It all starts with you. You have to ask yourself questions like

What or who is a god?
Why do I think or believe that there is a god?
How many gods do people believe in?
Why do I believe in my god?
Why don't I believe in other gods?
Why do I refer to some gods as mythological characters but mine is not even though they share the same characteristics?
Why don't we worship the old gods?
How did I come to believe in my god?
Does reality justify my beliefs or contradict them?
What is the history of my religion?

(1) (Reply)

Send Cheap Bulksms At Ecowebsms.com 07065018486 / What Is Your Own Defination Of Disco? / Understanding Psalm23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.