Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Asa's Bed Of Stone: Music Like Poetry - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Asa's Bed Of Stone: Music Like Poetry (1659 Views)

Asa - Bed Of Stone (all Tracks) - Download Free / Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" / Need Ajegunle Music Like Jogodo,danfo Driver Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Asa's Bed Of Stone: Music Like Poetry by kayusbrown(m): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2014
The lovers of Asa’s songs will agree that her songs are like poetry. Each track usually carries encoded messages. Decoding of these messages is subjected to the perception of the listener/interpreter. In Bed of Stone, Asa takes this uniqueness of her songs to another level.

“Never has Asa’s voice been so precise and emotionally pure!”-www.asa-official.com

Here are my own interpretations of the tracks in Bed of Stone. Feel free to add yours.

1. Dead Again
Have you ever been betrayed by a friend or someone you trust? Play this to the chagrin of the betrayers of trust. The backstabbers!

2. Eyo
Asa originally dedicates this track to Lagos, her home. The track also talks about a special place we all hope to be, a utopia, a break from life’s stressful endless circle, a place of love, a home indeed.
Excerpt:

“… going home, going home
where this road goes I already know
where everybody cares for one another
and they take you as their brother”

3. Satan be gone
Thinks the title of the track says it all!

“Ahhh Esu beleke mi o fe ri e mo nile mi ah…
A fi enu soro, a fara soro, gbogbo ara la fi ba o wi yeah…
Amoni se ni, Aimoni se ni, Olorun ma je ari ah….
…. Satan be gone….”

4. Bed of Stone
Life is a mystery. Listening to this track and following the story in it will reveal that life is indeed like a Bed of Stone. A bed is supposed to be a comfortable resting place, but not when it’s made of stone! This track also exposes the futility of most struggles in life.

5. Moving on
Are you struggling to let go of your past or trying hard to forget something bad that happened to you? This track reminds you that you can’t change it. You can only learn from it and move on.

Excerpt:

“ I had to run away and hide
Something happened in the middle of the night
They came inside without a sound
Suddenly my life was turning upside down…”

Chorus:
Where do you go when you're by yourself?
Who comes along when you cry for help?
I know I can't change the past, but as the river keeps flowing
I'll keep on moving on

6. Grateful
Most people call on God only when they are in distress. This track tells us why it shouldn’t be like that. It also teaches that when you thank God for little things, He rewards you with greater ones. It’s a perfect track to wake you up every morning.

7. Society
This is a track I’m still finding hard to crack.

8. How Did Love Find Me?
Have you given up on your love life? Have you concluded no one will ever love you like you dream? Love might just find you when and where you least expected, like it did Asa in this track!

Excerpt:

“Can you do this for me, whisper a prayer
Something is happening, I’m so scared
What I waited so long for, is finally here
Why did it feel so wrong, why the tears?
I always give love, Never thought I deserve
To be the one who gets love, oh no…
….. Over mountain overseas,
Where I thought no man could reach
How did you find me?
How did love find me?...”

9. Ife
A powerful love song dedicated to all lovers especially those in distance relationships, relationships envied by many and those lovers having a misunderstanding as a result of gossips etc.

Excerpt:

“They try to tear us apart
Saying we are not meant for each other
Telling things about me so unflattering
Like I’m someone new and you have forgotten me
All day long it never ends
Could you come back home it feels like hell…”

10. Situation
Yet another track I’m still listening to over and over again trying to figure out what Asa is really saying. It appears on the surface she’s talking about the changing world and its effects on us but I still feel it’s deeper than that.

11. New Year
We are usually resistant to change whereas we’ll only witness transformation in our life when we allow evolution to take its natural course. The only thing that’s permanent in life is change. So we have to know when to peel off old skin and move on.

12. The One That Never Comes
You’ve waited so long for Mr. Right and even concluded he’s not coming only to realize he’s that guy you friendzoned.

13. Sometimes I wonder
Play this to the chagrin of your detractors. When she released her last Album, Beautiful Imperfection, some critics accused her of deviating from her original concept and yielding to commercialization. In this track, Asa reminds them that Artists are dynamic. So to all those that try to analyze her, you might just be surprised. She also lashes out at those spreading dirty rumours about her, those envious of her achievements.

14. Shine Your Lights!
What a wonderful way to end a great album.
Never let anyone tell you it’s impossible, you can’t do it, you’re not qualified etc. Everyone’s got a potential. A burning fire within, waiting to be unleashed. Life may present u with difficult situations, but there is nothing you are presently passing through that someone else hasn’t survived. Therefore, nothing should stop u from realizing our dreams.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Hot Throwback- Dban’j @iamdbanj – Why Me Rmx Ft Wande Coal & Don Jazzy / Download Crayon - Bamiloke Instrumental / MUSIC: Cblvck Ft Naira Marley – Baby Kingsway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.