Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,385 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 (81278 Views)

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 / Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 / Nigerian Navy Dssc 2012 Commenced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by ehissi(m): 9:26am On Dec 07, 2014
Generaloluseye:
@ ehisi. Can a brig. General automatically guarantee my shortlisting to the nigerian army ssc. Does collecting the form early gives me an edge too? Thanks

There are brig Generals and there are Brig Generals. It depends on the persons involved; It is very essential you collect the form and submit as early as impossible if possible. During the last recruitment circle for the Nigerian army (I believe those selected will be going in January to camp) I was made to believe That the list of shortlisted candidates had already been compiled before the close of sale of form so the earlier the better.

@Jazz......Bros, if you come to Northern cities like jos or kaduna where they have that passion for armed forces, you will understand better. I believe Namandi Sambo or President Goodluck was in Jos recently to visit terminus market which was bombed recently. In the midst of tight security, along Massalacchin road (because that road was blocked as part of their security protocol), there's a guy I know who works at a game centre. The order by the soldiers guarding that area was for all shops to close, he just came to pick up some stuff and go (since he now knew he couldn't open for the day). This guy wore shades with mufti (much like what some of the SSS Personnel on ground did) and is tall and quite buff and well chested, the soldiers there thought he was part of the SSS crew but did a double check to confirm his identity. When they discovered he was a civilian, there there they advised the guy to join the army because as far as they were concerned, physically, he looked like a gallant officer and gave him phone numbers to call them (these are soldiers working Abuja oh, so you know). They advised him to come with his papers and track them in Abuja, that they will personally show him to their Oga if he will be willing to come.

As far a gyming is concerned, na serious advantage especially if you get concrete results. As a tradition, those who get exceptional results in any aspect of the exercise (male or female), when they compile your names inside excel spreadsheet, there is a column for special remarks which they use to distinguish them. If U run that 3km and come out first, your recruitment is automatic (as long as you can maintain at least an average performance when facing the selection board) but from history (as far as I have observed) 100% percent of those who take first place in that 3km jog get recruited. If you blast their aptitude test, they will state it expressly when compiling names in a special remark column and no bagger lizard will dare touch your name for any reason...
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by jazz04(m): 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
Hmmm, who has idea of what to prepare for please? Both the general aspect and military aspect or current affairs? Or past questions please...

About the gym stuff, I went to Navy sec. Sch and I also lived in the Navy baracks, to be honest, all d officers I know and ahoys in my school, they are not uniquely well built or anything, if anything, most of them were slim, and that's like the norm..maybe its because they are not the ones in the field sha. Or maybe it doesn't matter in the Navy...
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by surelove(f): 11:20pm On Dec 08, 2014
You guys are good. Thanks for the info
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Generaloluseye: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
jazz04:
Hmmm, who has idea of what to prepare for please? Both the general aspect and military aspect or current affairs? Or past questions please...

About the gym stuff, I went to Navy sec. Sch and I also lived in the Navy baracks, to be honest, all d officers I know and ahoys in my school, they are not uniquely well built or anything, if anything, most of them were slim, and that's like the norm..maybe its because they are not the ones in the field sha. Or maybe it doesn't matter in the Navy...
u erred a bit. Because someone is not muscular does not mean he does not spend hours in the gym. When i was serving, a corper challenged a man o war guy to do press ups. While my friend got tired at around 50. Tha military man was still going 100 to the admiration of the platoon members. When i was still actively in sports, i used to lift around 80kg max. And i was very macho. But there were guys lifting 100 and were not anywhere near built. But they were stronger. That's not to say that there were not guys lifting better than i was and they were bigger than i was too. It depends on the kind of twitch fibre your muscle is made up of. If u re conversant with athletics, Tim Montgomery was lifting 180kg bench press when he set the 100 world record and he was not bigger than me. Infact he was nicknamed tiny Tim.......don't challenge an officer or rating because u feel u re stronger oh or else.........
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by jazz04(m): 1:19am On Dec 11, 2014
Generaloluseye:
u erred a bit. Because someone is not muscular does not mean he does not spend hours in the gym. When i was serving, a corper challenged a man o war guy to do press ups. While my friend got tired at around 50. Tha military man was still going 100 to the admiration of the platoon members. When i was still actively in sports, i used to lift around 80kg max. And i was very macho. But there were guys lifting 100 and were not anywhere near built. But they were stronger. That's not to say that there were not guys lifting better than i was and they were bigger than i was too. It depends on the kind of twitch fibre your muscle is made up of. If u re conversant with athletics, Tim Montgomery was lifting 180kg bench press when he set the 100 world record and he was not bigger than me. Infact he was nicknamed tiny Tim.......don't challenge an officer or rating because u feel u re stronger oh or else.........

Nobody is arguing with you weda someone dat gym is muscular or not. Neither am I interested in Tim montgomery. If dem like call am tiny slim.. The guy talking about gym clearly focused on builds and body appearance. Try to read previous posts. He made example of the Jos barber shop guy.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by ehissi(m): 4:47am On Dec 11, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm..................... I wasn't quite sure how to really respond to Jazz04 comment cause I have had occasion to really get chewed up on a couple of threads on NL (especially ones related to armed forces or security related threads) most times by persons who don't have experience as such & given the security situation in Naïja right now and good old fashioned common sense, its not everything you know you talk about (lest you wake up one morning with DSS & DHQ staff bringing you early morning coffee to help you jump-start ya day). Besides the last time I tried to be generous with info - cause I was trying to really respond to a comment that looked malicious - close to a recruitment circle & accidently gave out my number I woke up to a record breaking amount of Missed calls (not funny if you are using a blackberry curve) - which surpassed the record set when I had a whole airforce base trying to track me on phone cos they thought I was picked up by Boko Haram. Generally I don't do beef threads no more - not worth my energy so I avoid threads/comments with that potential - and I really avoid commenting when I sense malice but just to be clear I will rephrase my comments & put it all in perspective.

When I first spoke about gyming, it was in response to Jazz04 comment to the possibility of people even dying in DSSC training - I actually know a NYSC fellowship head that died during a Navy recruitment circle who participated in Jos camp - and I spoke of it in terms of its advantage in recruitment & in performance in physical drills - which actually has been known to kill some dssc guys in army training.

I also mentioned explicitly in response to a female NL that it has helped folks who don't have Godfathers to have competing edge. And I spoke about securing your name - and avoiding it been swapped with another - by maintaining a brilliant performance, whether academically during aptitude test or physically during physical drills especially if you are Godfatherless.

I specifically spoke about engaging in Sports or actvities that build stamina or endurance (swimming is one of such I remember referring to at least that's not gyming). And I still say it without apology to anybody, as far as these our gallant armed forces of the federal republic is concerned, build matters a lot (especially if you know you are Godfatherless).

Thank God, you said you went to Navy secondary school & lived in Navy town. My family home in lagos no far from navy town near alakija, I have been dia
Plus a whole lot of barracks in the north and south of this country; I went to Command Ibadan bodei igbo Apata. Anybody you see for secondary school na education officer - aside from RSM - and that is just lao -shi. You are looking for gallant ahoys and officers, GO TO QUORRA!! Where you have HQ for Western Naval Command, NNS thunder, NAVTRAC then come and tell me what you saw.

In any case, you cannot compare recruitment priorities pre-insurgency days to this time; both in terms of number of recruitees and physical targets.......

And Pls, I never spoke of gyming (or any form of preparation for that matter) as a way to get shortlisted. All your preparartion is either for ya pocket or the next recruitment Circle if you have patience. I spoke of preparation as way to maximise opportunity if you get short-listed.

If 40000 people apply, they want to work with just 1600 and will wither it to 500 how will you feature in that 1600 - this is the first work of a Godfather if you have one - and stay in the game till the end without being eliminated from the list?

In the army now, they say they want to see what you have in black and white; meaning your papers, you are a first class product, come. You have a professional certificate come. The "general idea" being that if you don't have a godfather, you stand a better chance at getting shortlisted if you have a first class or a 2.1 or 2.2 with a professional certificate attached that is relevant to the corps you apply to. Meaning there is vacancy for your course and you have a professional certiicate to go with it, fine!! That could bring you in on shortlist, what keeps you dia - till final selection and final camp list - (with no godfather) is your performance and that is where preparation (and God himself by himself) can really come in.......................enuff said.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by damiliano(m): 8:32am On Dec 11, 2014
Pls any info on when the form will be out??
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Jacinta75(f): 10:58am On Dec 11, 2014
Pls we shud learn 2 appreciate an info and not criticise it because it is not everybody that can b willin n bold enof to give out such vital informations let alone advice odas.dere r so many people in ds forum who knw mor abt dis navy but dey prefer kipin it 2 demselves cos dey feel if dey make comments dey wil b heavily criticised.we shud@least try inculcate d spirit of appreciatin n encouragin one anoda.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by jazz04(m): 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
Abeg materials to practice with ooooo
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Generaloluseye: 10:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
@ehisi. U made mention of the fact that there re brig. Gen and there re brig. Generals. Re u trying to say that some of them may not be able to guarantee u a slot or what? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Jacinta75(f): 9:40am On Dec 12, 2014
@jaz04, No special materials needed 4 d navy exams,jus study waec english papers(antonyms n synonyms),sentence completions,logical reasonin.current affairs(sports,foreign countries states and capital) den mathematics.
300 simple,confusin but tough questions 2b answered in 3hrs.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by chingydaboss(m): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
Is d form.out?
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2014
Nice thread sha...doe jus joining d family..buh I wan to sincerely appreciate doz dat hav posted or contributed to d sustainance of d thread so far! Let's just keep our fingers crossed!
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Jacinta75(f): 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
I heard nigeria navy DSSC course 22 wil be passin out dis week.if das d case it means navy Dssc form wil b made available on january.God dey oo we don too wait.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by BUSHHUNTER: 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
Gladly waiting.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2014
Jacinta75:
I heard nigeria navy DSSC course 22 wil be passin out dis week.if das d case it means navy Dssc form wil b made available on january.God dey oo we don too wait.
I tot they started training in June?? hw long is d training supposed to last??
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Wildemex92(m): 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
jazz04:
Hmmm, who has idea of what to prepare for please? Both the general aspect and military aspect or current affairs? Or past questions please... About the gym stuff, I went to Navy sec. Sch and I also lived in the Navy baracks, to be honest, all d officers I know and ahoys in my school, they are not uniquely well built or anything, if anything, most of them were slim, and that's like the norm..maybe its because they are not the ones in the field sha. Or maybe it doesn't matter in the Navy...
Which set u be for ojo. COS I also went dere
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by jazz04(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
Wildemex92:
Which set u be for ojo. COS I also went dere

'06
You?
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Jacinta75(f): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
Its suppose to b a 6month training programme.so count frm dat june 30th til nw is 6months already.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Wildemex92(m): 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2014
jazz04:

'06
You?
09.currently serving now.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by mimzy007(f): 9:18am On Dec 17, 2014
They are going home for a break, POP is in march. Remember while they trained in NDA for 6 months they still go to Onne for 3 more months, a total of 9.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Donovan: 10:38am On Dec 17, 2014
mimzy007:
They are going home for a break, POP is in march. Remember while they trained in NDA for 6 months they still go to Onne for 3 more months, a total of 9.

How soon will they start the next recruitment exercise?
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Jacinta75(f): 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
Is DSSC no longer 6months again because i dnt undstand dis ur nine months xplanation because we r talkin of DSSC POP and not NNBTS@Mimzy
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by petitmonde(m): 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
mimzy007:
are u sure they are goin for a break?
Are u sure they trained in the NDA?
Let's endeavor to give correct info.
They reported to Onne in June for training.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by mimzy007(f): 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
This is the first time NN is training at Onne from the very start, what used to happen was NN DSSC cadets trained along side NA SSC cadets at NDA old site & aft POP they head to Onne for another 3 months. Now that NDA is no longer a training ground for them it makes no sense to have the POP & stay there for after that. As for the holiday news, its from a cadet over there.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Generaloluseye: 7:06am On Dec 19, 2014
@iron lady mimzy. Good to hear from u again. Do u know the exact day of their passing out?
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by mimzy007(f): 9:16am On Dec 19, 2014
Generaloluseye dear,im good & i hope you are too. I honestly don't know the date but its in March,if i get to find out i'll let you know.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by jazz04(m): 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
mimzy007:
Generaloluseye dear,im good & i hope you are too. I honestly don't know the date but its in March,if i get to find out i'll let you know.

March? Lol and we are here expecting DSS form..... Na to find beta thing do
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by mimzy007(f): 6:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
My dear that app will probably be in Feb, na to keep busy really.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Generaloluseye: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
I think the form is out.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by mimzy007(f): 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
Is that so?
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Generaloluseye: 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
I think i erred.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

NBC Management Trainee 2017 DragnetNG / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.