Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

High performance Cars info Zone - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / High performance Cars info Zone (3206 Views)

Car Mileage And Engine Performance / Euro/American Vs Asian Cars (Reliability, Durability & Performance) / Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by abatically(m): 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:

I have actually tried this on thirdmainland bridge

I beat a i4 accord DC the sold in Nigeria version with the sienna, once I reached 130km/h I stopped accelerating the guy didn't even catch up to me, it was on 3rd mainland bridge, he had the upper not due to speed but moving inbetween lines if you tried that with the sienna the car wobbles at high speed changing lanes so during the quater mile of the bridge B4 getting to iyanoworo the bridge is kinda straight and it was free, I stepped on the gas, 80, 90, 100, 110 I came to par with him, 120 I was ahead, 130 he was straining to see my brake light until I turned to oshodi and he went straight.

Its a 4 cylinder accord DC not the V6
. Most people think the sienna is heavy 1998-2002 but it is just a slightly heavier camry

I disagree with u. Maybe the driver just didn't want to race u. I wonder why people always think they outrun one car or the other. It's not like u two agreed to race in the first place. I might be cruising at 120 and I have my mind made up that I won't exceed 120. Then are behind me and gaining speed , goes beyond 120, gets to 130 and overtakes me. It doesn't mean ur car is faster than mine. The2007 Honda accord DC i4 will comfortably do 190km/hr and still maintain its stability. Good luck doing 175km/hr with the sienna.

A Toyota sienna has top speed of 180km/hr while a Honda accord DC got 240km/hr. The Honda accord has power to weight ratio of more than 40% better than the sienna. So tell me in what way is the sienna faster or better performance car than the accord?
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
abatically:

I disagree with u. Maybe the driver just didn't want to race u. I wonder why people always think they outrun one car or the other. It's not like u two agreed to race in the first place. I might be cruising at 120 and I have my mind made up that I won't exceed 120. Then are behind me and gaining speed , goes beyond 120, gets to 130 and overtakes me. It doesn't mean ur car is faster than mine. The2007 Honda accord DC i4 will comfortably do 190km/hr and still maintain its stability.

A Toyota sienna has top speed of 180km/hr while a Honda accord DC got 240km/hr. The Honda accord has power to weight ratio of more than 40% better than the sienna. So tell me in what way is the sienna faster or better performance car than the accord?

Bingo.

This is why a race track is the only true way to measure performance.

Guy may be cruising at his pace and watching that maniac driver wasting his gas grin

Just this morning I was driving my Jetta to work, I came up on an Acura NSX, I out cornered him, passed him, and left him in my dust as I was late for work. It would be very silly of me to come online and jubilate. That NSX will use my Jetta to wipe it's butt anyday, anytime, anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by abatically(m): 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
CityNG:

Bingo.

This is why a race track is the only true way to measure performance.

Guy may be cruising at his pace and watching that maniac driver wasting his gas grin

Very true, only on a race track can judge. I just laugh at all these guys saying they outrun someone when the person they claim they outran didn't even agree to race with them.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by yungboss(m): 9:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:

I beat a i4 accord DC the sold in Nigeria version with the sienna, once I reached 130km/h I stopped accelerating the guy didn't even catch up to me, it was on 3rd mainland bridge, he had the upper not due to speed but moving inbetween lines if you tried that with the sienna the car wobbles at high speed changing lanes so during the quater mile of the bridge B4 getting to iyanoworo the bridge is kinda straight and it was free, I stepped on the gas, 80, 90, 100, 110 I came to par with him, 120 I was ahead, 130 he was straining to see my brake light until I turned to oshodi and he went straight.

. Most people think the sienna is heavy 1998-2002 but it is just a slightly heavier camry
grin grin grin
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by yungboss(m): 9:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:

grin grin grin
this is not true...the accord you referred to as DC is the 2006 right?
it will mop the floor with your Siena...you will struggle to see its tail lights at 130...mph I mean, that's if your Siena would ever hit 120mph
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by yungboss(m): 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
abatically:

I disagree with u. Maybe the driver just didn't want to race u. I wonder why people always think they outrun one car or the other. It's not like u two agreed to race in the first place. I might be cruising at 120 and I have my mind made up that I won't exceed 120. Then are behind me and gaining speed , goes beyond 120, gets to 130 and overtakes me. It doesn't mean ur car is faster than mine. The2007 Honda accord DC i4 will comfortably do 190km/hr and still maintain its stability. Good luck doing 175km/hr with the sienna.

good points made. The Honda wasn't racing...a car that did not run up with you at 120,130(km/h as you inferred) wasn't racing,sorry. You will get beat up badly by a 2005 accord i4,sorry to say. I referred to power-to-weight ratio earlier too and aerodynamics (I didn't check them up), the 'yota has about 184bhp,and heavier than the accord, that is just slightly more than the power of the accord's i4...bottomline is, the accord wasn't racing. In a true race,the 2002 Siena would be eaten up.

3 Likes

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
yungboss:
grin grin grin
it will mop the floor with your Siena...it will you will struggle to see its tail light at 130...mph I mean, that's if your Siena would ever hit 120mph

Toyota Sienna at 120mph? The max on its speedo is 110mph so at 100mph the sienna is already approaching top speed. 2007 Honda accord I4 will dust the sienna anytime anyday.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by yungboss(m): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
greenhulk:

Toyota Sienna at 120mph? The max on its speedo is 110mph so at 100mph the sienna is already approaching top speed. 2007 Honda accord I4 will dust the sienna anytime anyday.
thanks for the correction.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
yungboss:
grin grin grin
it will mop the floor with your Siena...it will you will struggle to see its tail light at 130...mph I mean, that's if your Siena would ever hit 120mph
You are a very funny guy, and if you want the complete story.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
I was on the M40 this afternoon, doing a sedate 85mph (137 km/h). A 2007 BMW 325 Ci blew past me, leaving me inhaling expensive-smelling, high-octane gasoline.

I was driving my 2005 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2 V8, 350hp / 440Nm against the Beemer's 3.0 I6, 215hp / 270Nm.

I guess the BMW E90 is faster, and my car's maximum speed is 137 km/h.

4 Likes

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:
You are a very funny guy, and if you want the complete story you can around and I tell you from start to finish that the guy was actually racing with me.
The sienna will beat the 2006-2007 accord 4 cylinder engine in a straight line drag race. You talking of power to weight ratio, is that all that's used to measure speed or acceleration

Even if the guy was racing with u, its still not enough reason to think ur car is faster than his.

1. He might not have the heart to go above the speed he was doing.
2. His car might not be in best of condition
3. Maybe he's not just in the mood, or someone who got responsibilities. I use to go beyond 200km/hr in the past, now I got responsibilities I watch my speed.

1 Like

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 9:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
greenhulk:

Even if the guy was racing with u, its still not enough reason to think ur car is faster than his.

1. He might not have the heart to go above the speed he was doing.
2. His car might not be in best of condition
3. Maybe he's not just in the mood, or someone who got responsibilities. I use to go beyond 200km/hr in the past, now I got responsibilities I watch my speed.

Ok noted. I don't do more than 120km/h either in an suv or higher equivalent car
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
Siena: I was on the M40 this afternoon, doing a sedate 85mph (137 km/h). A 2007 BMW 325 Ci blew past me, leaving me inhaling expensive-smelling, high-octane gasoline.

I was driving my 2005 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2 V8, 350hp / 440Nm against the Beemer's 3.0 I6, 215hp / 270Nm.

You should really get rid of that slowass Audi of yours, really.

I know a certain character who will do you a favor and take it off your hands so that you can stop holding up traffic on the M40 grin
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by yungboss(m): 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:
You are a very funny guy, and if you want the complete story.
*sighs*
your sienna weighs about 5000lb whilst the accord weighs around 3200lbs...
your sienna's bhp is around 184-220(depending on year...) whilst the accord is around 166...slight hp advantage...so what's the bhp/lbs ratio?...this would affect the speed of both cars considerably,
evidence:
your sienna would run the ¼ mile at around 17 sec, the accord i4 in question would do it in around 16.5s.
0-60 time in the sienna and accord are around 9s and 8s respectively...
these are just the numbers, other details apply too.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
CityNG: You should really get rid of that slowass Audi of yours, really.

I know a certain character who will help you out and take it off your hands lol

Lol! grin grin grin

Any leads on 1.8 GTS Pointer yet?
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by yungboss(m): 10:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
Siena: I was on the M40 this afternoon, doing a sedate 85mph (137 km/h). A 2007 BMW 325 Ci blew past me, leaving me inhaling expensive-smelling, high-octane gasoline.

better explained!
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
Siena:

Lol! grin grin grin

Any leads on 1.8 GTS Pointer yet?

Just those two keeps coming up. Now that I know what we're looking for I'll widen the search. I think we'll have better luck near San Fransisco. That's the mecca for obscure cars.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 11, 2014
CityNG:

So which of the vehicles listed on both categories have you owned?

The Lancer hangs my Trans AM with a V8 out to dry.

I love the Trans AM for it's imposing presence and my Evo for the way it carves canyons.

Try to get perspective from real world experiences.

The Evo has a stock 300hp engine (260 advertised but many cars have more hp than advertised), it's a honest to God performance car. It ticks all the boxes for performance, Brembo brakes, fully adjustable suspension, fully adjustable AWD, recaro seats, etc, etc

True that, and guess what? It's got a 2 litre 4 cylinder engine, adaptive 4WD for various terrain, and you could make what I call precision driving and drifting. And when you're done, you could still do some light offroading some useless SUVs can't even try walking on sand or snow but this evo drives and drifts hard precisely and fast in these elements and this is from a company that many won't expect much from. That car is sooo good, so much so that it will always smell the tail of a Lamborghini murceliago LP 640 super sport car now can you imagine a 4 cylinder making a V12 sweat real hard. So also is another car small unimposing, mediocre price tag, yet awesome driving ecstacy, subaru impreza WRX. Now these are super normal cars.

Guess what these two cars (EVO and IMPREZA) have in common?

1.They're Japmobiles
2. They've got 2L i4 engines
3. They've got 4wheel drives
4. They're rally cars.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2014
lomomike:

True that, and guess what? It's got a 2 litre 4 cylinder engine, adaptive 4WD for various terrain, and you could make what I call precision driving and drifting. And when you're done, you could still do some light offroading some useless SUVs can't even try walking on sand or snow but this evo drives and drifts hard precisely and fast in these elements and this is from a company that many won't expect much from. That car is sooo good, so much so that it will always smell the tail of a Lamborghini murceliago LP 640 super sport car now can you imagine a 4 cylinder making a V12 sweat real hard. So also is another car small unimposing, mediocre price tag, yet awesome driving ecstacy, subaru impreza WRX. Now these are super normal cars.

Guess what these two cars (EVO and IMPREZA) have in common?

1.They're Japmobiles
2. They've got 2L i4 engines
3. They've got 4wheel drives
4. They're rally cars.

When I lived in Texas, I looked forward to days with snow and ice. Cause Man that Evo comes into it's own.

The only other "performance cars" I see on the road on my commute is a certain black Porsche 911 S4 driven by a Lady.

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by yungboss(m): 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
The lancer evo is a wonderful car, seen videos of it and the imprezza...

2 Likes

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
List of under-rated yet superb japmobiles in no particular order are:
1. Nissan Skyline GTR series
2. Mitsubishi EVO
3. Lexus LFA
4. Suzuki impreza WRX
5. Toyota Supra
6. Honda NSX
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
lomomike: List of under-rated yet superb japmobiles in no particular order are:
2. Mitsubishi EVO
3. Lexus LFA
4. Suzuki impreza WRX
5. Toyota Supra
6. Honda NSX and
7. Toyota Sienna

grin wink. cheesy
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
lomomike: List of under-rated yet superb japmobiles in no particular order are:
2. Mitsubishi EVO
3. Lexus LFA
4. Suzuki impreza WRX
5. Toyota Supra
6. Honda NSX
7. Toyota Sienna
8. Kia Rio

grin
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
nurey:
List of under-rated yet superb
japmobiles in no particular order are:
2. Mitsubishi EVO
3. Lexus LFA
4. Suzuki impreza WRX
5. Toyota Supra
6. Honda NSX
7. Toyota Sienna
8. Kia Rio
grin wink. cheesy

Mumu nonsense motors low performance cancelled cool
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
lomomike:

Mumu nonsense motors low performance cancelled cool
Lomomike why na? We vied for the 7th and 8th position you could have looked the other way na.
If the sienna wanst a performance car it wouldn't be performing wonders on naija interstate. Lol
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
nurey:
Lomomike why na? We vied for the 7th and 8th position you could have looked the other way na.
If the sienna wanst a performance car it wouldn't be performing wonders on naija interstate. Lol

I no put infiniti G37 and M45, I no put Nissan 370Z, na your "mama carry pikin from house to school" AKA Sienna or point A-B motor Kia Rio I go put?

Taaa, gbaka door joor!
grin
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
lomomike:

I no put infiniti G37 and M45, I no put Nissan 370Z, na your "mama carry pikin from house to school" AKA Sienna or point A-B motor Kia Rio I go put?

Taaa, gbaka door joor!
grin
Kai you really defined those two cars well, better luck next time I guess. grin

1 Like

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
This ride is drunk on horsepower

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by vandiman: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
ZeusAyo: First off, am not ''teaching'' as I know you implied but trying to ''acquire'' info and concerning those v4s you mentioned my guess s they have been heavily modified because unless the drivers of the camaro or mustang are pu55ies undecided undecided, i dont see how the evolution would beat them.its not a performace car but can be fine tuned into one and stop trying to twist my word, you know what i mean by HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS cheers!!! grin grin wink

Subaru WRX, wrx STI, mitsubishi EVO, and the likes are all turbo charged four cylinder engines that can be easily tuned to well over 600bhp. Then throw in the fact that they're equipped with AWD, they're light weight, and have quick 0-100km times making them ideal for rally racing and drifting.
That's not to take away from muscle cars like the Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, and Dodge Charger that have a variety of options under the hood (v6-v8 supercharged) which are a blast to drive with more dependable engine life.
Comparing apples to oranges here.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ivoryhouse(m): 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
Guys Nland is the place to be, I am so enjoying this thread! What is it with Nigerians and sienna?! Smh

1 Like

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Homguy(m): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2014
ZeusAyo: anything sporting Λ v6 engine upwards that's what I mean or do we have any 4cylinder high performance vehicle? And why siena like dey tackle me?
Some large cars have V6 in order to provide enough power to drive their weigh at decent speeds and mostly take offs. It'd be better if you gave more specific engine configurations like having a Turbocharged engine, a range of Hp power provided by your target car engines, Torque range for those cars, 0-60miles dash time range,etc would well defining your target cars and filter out a lot of other who have a V8 or V6 engines and are still not sport vehicles.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by XerXesNG(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2014
CityNG:

You should really get rid of that slowass Audi of yours, really.

I know a certain character who will do you a favor and take it off your hands so that you can stop holding up traffic on the M40 grin

I think he was being sarcastic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2007 Volvo Xc90 Vs 2006 Acura Mdx,which Should I Go For / Pls Help !!!evaluate This New Car Engine / Can You Advice Me To Buy Honda City 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.