Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate (3426 Views)

Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) / House Of Reps Wants New Number Plate Project Halted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate by arcis: 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
Dear all,

I told a friend about a car I intend selling anytime from now. During our discussion he told me I need to remove my plate number before selling the car. He told me the plate number was registered with my name and it's unique to me.

Please I need more clarification on this issue. If you know any FRSC that can enlighten us more on this issue should please do.

Thanks
Re: Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate by senator2k9(m): 9:02am On Sep 10, 2014
That's not true at all. A registered car is a registered car. If u remove the plate number then dat vehicle wil have a multiple registration with same VIN number which is a criminal offence. That is why CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP is stil done in licence offices. Again, if u buy a new car n decide to use this plate number u remove frm ur old vehicle on it, its also an offence because the plate number has been registered with the other and its vin number, though pple @licence office might want to manipulate it for u....bt one day u might be unlucky on d way and might me caught. So pls JUST ACT RIGHT !!! Thanks
Re: Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate by arcis: 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
senator2k9: That's not true at all. A registered car is a registered car. If u remove the plate number then dat vehicle wil have a multiple registration with same VIN number which is a criminal offence. That is why CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP is stil done in licence offices. Again, if u buy a new car n decide to use this plate number u remove frm ur old vehicle on it, its also an offence because the plate number has been registered with the other and its vin number, though pple @licence office might want to manipulate it for u....bt one day u might be unlucky on d way and might me caught. So pls JUST ACT RIGHT !!! Thanks

Well, today i decided to visit one FRSC office to make more clarification on this issue, to my surprise i was told i need to remove the plate number that was registered with my name before selling it. The FRSC guy told me is the new policy now. He said if i have a new car that as not be register before, i should go to any FRSC office with the plate number and particulars of the new car will be updated on the plate number because the plate number is unique to me and its non transferable.

Please we need more people to contribute on this.

1 Like

Re: Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2015
Yes that's true. It's the new policy.
Re: Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate by Emekasmart(m): 8:05am On Nov 03, 2015
With dis new policy,is change of ownership still necessary?
Re: Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate by davit: 7:16am On Nov 05, 2015
Emekasmart:
With dis new policy,is change of ownership still necessary?

I wonder o
Re: Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate by chukel(m): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2015
That's the policy. I did that early last year. It was done by frsc. Let no one deceive u. Ur new number plate was registered with ur drivers license. So it is transferable to to ur new vehicle.
Re: Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate by chukel(m): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2015
senator2k9:
That's not true at all. A registered car is a registered car. If u remove the plate number then dat vehicle wil have a multiple registration with same VIN number which is a criminal offence. That is why CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP is stil done in licence offices. Again, if u buy a new car n decide to use this plate number u remove frm ur old vehicle on it, its also an offence because the plate number has been registered with the other and its vin number, though pple @licence office might want to manipulate it for u....bt one day u might be unlucky on d way and might me caught. So pls JUST ACT RIGHT !!! Thanks
u r ignorant. Please stop passing on wrong info.
Re: Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate by Chalcedon: 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
If you insist to do a change of ownership with the previous owner's plate number. They will manipulate it for you but after one year when you are going for renewal you will be surprised that it still bears the original name of the first owner. This is my experience with a Lagos State plate number.

(1) (Reply)

Who Repairs AUDI Cars In Nigeria? / Is Your Car Shaking While Driving? :Here Are Reasons That Causes A Shaking Wheel / First Photos Of The "Innoson" Made-in-nigeria Saloon Cars, IVM Fox And IVM UMU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.