Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Generals Congregate In Gwoza - Sarah Jubril (meaning: Come And Die In Gwoza) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Generals Congregate In Gwoza - Sarah Jubril (meaning: Come And Die In Gwoza) (1359 Views)

Second Richest County In The US Where Rich Nigerians Congregate / Halliburton Scandal: Buhari May Go After IBB, Abdulsalami, Jubril Aminu / Troops Repel Boko Haram Attack In Gwoza, Kill Terrorists (very Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generals Congregate In Gwoza - Sarah Jubril (meaning: Come And Die In Gwoza) by SamIkenna: 6:20am On Sep 10, 2014
The Presidency has challenged all retired military officers in the country to take up arms and move to the frontline to defeat the Boko Haram insurgents.

The Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Ethics and Values, Sarah Jubril, said yesterday that retired generals and military officers could not afford to remain at their comfort zone while the Boko Haram fighters gain more ground, overrunning towns and communities.
The presidential aide spoke in Ilorin, Kwara State, yesterday at the commencement of a 21-day training on Linking Women and Youth for Sustainable Green Development and Income Generation through Agricultural Business.
The training, which had about 120 participants, was organi-sed by the Islamic Green Club Empowerment Initiative in conjunction with the Office of the Presidential Adviser on Ethics and Values.
In a statement from her office, the presidential aide said all retired generals in the military and paramilitary agencies should “congregate” at Gwoza where Boko Haram recently captured, to reclaim the territory.
"Let them go there. They have enjoyed the best in this country and therefore, we want to see all the retired generals, officers in all the armed forces as well as the IGs, comptroller generals, top officials of immigration and all the heads of departments should congregate and let us see whether the Boko Haram are going to defeat our generals." she said.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/34008-b-haram-presidency-challenges-ex-military-men-to-go-to-battlefield

My take:
The emboldened reminds me of IBB and other over-fed generals who, in the past, entertained us with how much they loved this nation. In fact IBB on several occasions said he was willing to, once again, put on his uniform to defend Nigeria's unity and sovereignty. Now that Gwoza is calling I'm wondering if our gap-tooth resource usurper is willing to let Nigerians cash the rain-check he signed in peace time.

Its time for retired generals to congregate and, if need be, die in Gwoza. The time has come for all 'One Nigerianists' to come and heed the call of their fatherland. OBJ has shown his love and belief in One Nigeria by nearly sacrificing his son and I must say that my respect for him just went up many notches. Unlike other pretender-generals whose children only know how to collect monthly allowance from stolen oil wealth stashed in Swiss banks, OBJ has shown, with clear example, what kind of true believer he is - love him or hate him. Now where are other generals, especially northern generals? Isn't it time to defend your grand-daddy's (Uthman dan Fodio) one-Nigeria estate?
Re: Generals Congregate In Gwoza - Sarah Jubril (meaning: Come And Die In Gwoza) by makazona(m): 9:45am On Sep 10, 2014
i agree with ur take except dat ur respect for OBJ is clouding ur judgement.he didnt sacrifice his son.the son is a Nigerian soldier for Gods sake who fight for glory/medal and is paid/promoted for his bravery.

Other soldiers bleeding in the frontline nko?? oook bcz they dont hav OBJ as a father??
Re: Generals Congregate In Gwoza - Sarah Jubril (meaning: Come And Die In Gwoza) by oduastates: 10:55am On Sep 10, 2014
makazona: i agree with ur take except dat ur respect for OBJ is clouding ur judgement.he didnt sacrifice his son.the son is a Nigerian soldier for Gods sake who fight for glory/medal and is paid/promoted for his bravery.

Other soldiers bleeding in the frontline nko?? oook bcz they dont hav OBJ as a father??

If you do not know the facts , then keep quiet.
Many see the kids of these so called "one nigeria patriots" aka thieves, cruising around in Ferraris,Lamborghinis,roll Royce etc ,at the age of 17.
At 35 , they have never had a job in their lives.
At 36,they are invited/appointed to come and eat.
Only doing what others do,OBJ could easily have nominated him for a ministerial post.
You see the son of an ex president in the nigerian army(an army I would not join even as an officer) and you are claiming it is not commendable.
The OP is right on the issue.
Re: Generals Congregate In Gwoza - Sarah Jubril (meaning: Come And Die In Gwoza) by SamIkenna: 11:08am On Sep 10, 2014
makazona: i agree with ur take except dat ur respect for OBJ is clouding ur judgement.he didnt sacrifice his son.the son is a Nigerian soldier for Gods sake who fight for glory/medal and is paid/promoted for his bravery.

Go and tell that to Abacha's children whose only trade is to insult Prof Soyinka.

Too many people have talked about how much they love a united Nigeria, how great Nigeria is, and how much they want to give back, and other blah blah blah. Now its time to back it up. And this is not only for generals by the way, northern civilians like El Rufai's, Bugaje's, and Ango's children are also wanted in Gwoza. Or is it only when its time to talk about oil block, revenue sharing, power, and ludicrous population census that these people show up? This is a perfect opportunity for all these fellas to put their money where their mouth is. They need to care about Nigeria on the front-lines not on twitter.
Re: Generals Congregate In Gwoza - Sarah Jubril (meaning: Come And Die In Gwoza) by lordsilver: 11:09am On Sep 10, 2014
Yeah, we are the one Nigerianist

Gwoza is calling
Re: Generals Congregate In Gwoza - Sarah Jubril (meaning: Come And Die In Gwoza) by makazona(m): 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
SamIkenna:

Go and tell that to Abacha's children whose only trade is to insult Prof Soyinka.

Too many people have talked about how much they love a united Nigeria, how great Nigeria is, and how much they want to give back, and other blah blah blah. Now its time to back it up. And this is not only for generals by the way, northern civilians like El Rufai's, Bugaje's, and Ango's children are also wanted in Gwoza. Or is it only when its time to talk about oil block, revenue sharing, power, and ludicrous population census that these people show up? This is a perfect opportunity for all these fellas to put their money where their mouth is. They need to care about Nigeria on the front-lines not on tweeter.

I see u as a patriot bro but OBJs son is taking the shine off some soldiers who bear many scars on their body without being celebrated.

my point is that it affects the morale of soldiers.i know what am saying
Re: Generals Congregate In Gwoza - Sarah Jubril (meaning: Come And Die In Gwoza) by makazona(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
oduastates:

If you do not know the facts , then keep quiet.
Many see the kids of these so called "one nigeria patriots" aka thieves, cruising around in Ferraris,Lamborghinis,roll Royce etc ,at the age of 17.
At 35 , they have never had a job in their lives.
At 36,they are invited/appointed to come and eat.
Only doing what others do,OBJ could easily have nominated him for a ministerial post.
You see the son of an ex president in the nigerian army(an army I would not join even as an officer) and you are claiming it is not commendable.
The OP is right on the issue.

If my likes keep quiet,i am sure you wont enjoy nairaland cz it will be a one mind only platform and the last time i checked,i stil have the right to my opinion just like you.so its quite immature to use the word "keep quiet" in a public setting like this.PLEASE,learn how to talk in public without being violent or risk exposing ur ignorance.

btw, am yet to see the facts you claim to have.
Gd day

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Aide Abruptly Closes Poll As Jonathan Marginally Overtakes Buhari / Ex-Assemblies Of God Church Superintendent Faces Prosecution For Forgery / Aftermath Of Falling Crude Oil Price: White Guy Selling Diesel In Lagos [Pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.