Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education (2562 Views)

Top 15 Universities In Nigeria With Most Beautiful Gate / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. / The Worlds Top 15 Conspiracy Theories Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by bliss2al(m): 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
When it comes to education, Australia is the most expensive
destination for international students, a global HSBC report has
found.
Surveying more than 4,500 parents in 15 countries, the
research found an Australian education is more expensive than
in the US and the UK.
The total cost of international study in Australia, including fee
and cost of living, is estimated at $US42,000 a year compare
to $US36,000 in America.

Here’s the chart.

1 Share

Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by bliss2al(m): 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
But it’s not just cost that Australia topped out on. The report
also found there is problem with perceptions around the qualit
of education with a quarter of those surveyed ranking Australi
within the top three nations for education.
“The cost of education in Australia is also disproportionately
higher than the perceived quality of the education on offer,”
HSBC said.
Australia, while it remains popular with Asian parents, is ratin
lower in China which has been where the majority of the
country’s international students have come from in the past
decade.
The table below shows Chinese respondents ranked Australia 5t
when it came to perceived education quality.
“China’s growing middle class means that it will continue to
represent a significant part of the international student market,
globally. Attracting Chinese student intake will be a key factor
in maintaining education’s role as a key export sector for
Australia,” said Graham Heunis, HSBC head of retail banking
and wealth management.
Australia’s universities have the highest concentration of
international students in the world, making up about 20% of
the student population compared to the global average of 7%.
Proximity to Asia and high quality of life have been two of t
reasons Australia has punched above its weight when it comes
to attracting international students.
HSBC says the reputation of Australia’s tertiary education
system is important for the economic viability of the industry
which has become heavily reliant on international students.
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by buccal(m): 11:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good 2 know
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by Olucheye(m): 11:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by Kizito2nv(m): 1:30am On Sep 11, 2014
dis topic must make it
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by datguru: 7:11am On Sep 11, 2014
Not true
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by EldaTimba(m): 7:18am On Sep 11, 2014
Front page things
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by nwaobitex: 8:00am On Sep 11, 2014
i was here
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by priscaoge(f): 8:05am On Sep 11, 2014
Lol...It's better I move to Finland,Sweden or Denmark where Tuition fee is freecheesycheesy Who no like better thinggringrin
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by priscaoge(f): 8:06am On Sep 11, 2014
nwaobitex: i was here
In casegrin
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by 50calibre(m): 8:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Olucheye: Australia & the United Kingdom I personally feel are too exorbitant for international students and at the same time, fall short at providing Quality of education worth the charges.

Stop talking shi*t, you obviously got no idea of what you're talking about.

Btw what standards are these, humour me.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by MissBritney(f): 9:06am On Sep 11, 2014
Discouraging.
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by spanzed(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2014
priscaoge: Lol...It's better I move to Finland,Sweden or Denmark where Tuition fee is freecheesycheesy Who no like better thinggringrin
See your mouth...Nigerians and free things
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by yungchop: 9:40am On Sep 11, 2014
Aussie!! Their accent is sh1t jare, I was hardly comprehending what anybody was saying there . . . So I'll prefer to school in singapore! The accent is so fuouRcking cool, and their chicks?? Out of this world! grin
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by swaystunna(m): 9:42am On Sep 11, 2014
Go to the Australian thread and see how pple re troopin to go study thr...Naija can't be stopped;if u like make ur school fees be bill gates networth.We must hustle it Out.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by swaystunna(m): 9:43am On Sep 11, 2014
Go to the Australian thread and see how pple re troopin to go study thr...Naija can't be stopped;if u like make ur school fees be bill gates networth.We must hustle it Out. cheesy grin
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by Unekz(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2014
i didn't see Nigeria on that list oooooooooo
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by Olucheye(m): 10:16am On Sep 11, 2014
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by tsleazy(m): 10:59am On Sep 11, 2014
Nigeria Educational system is one of the CHEAPEST in the world...if you don't believe me; GO AND DIE !!!

1 Like

Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by priscaoge(f): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2014
spanzed: See your mouth...Nigerians and free things
Awuf de run u belle?gringrin
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 11, 2014
MissBritney: Discouraging.
wanted an Australian education?
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by swaystunna(m): 11:34am On Sep 11, 2014
Olucheye:

What the hell are you spewing?
Pay £15k for a Postgraduate degree and they send you packing the same month you're done..
Or pay AUD$23k for a Postgraduate course where you could get same less in better ranked institution in the US and better job offers almost after?

Please cancel out your twisted ideas based on it's tourism potentials, those two countries are just damn expensive with lesser potentials.

Truth be told most Nigrians dnt go to these countries for d sake of studying per say,,dy js need dat study visa to gain entry into that country regardless of the fees..although Australian sch fees is xpensive.u dnt pay it once,,it is stretched frm semester to semester..of wch if u re hard working u could pay ur schfees..nd of today Australia nd Canada has more opporturnities more than Us & Uk.
U jst can't eat ur cake n av it !

1 Like

Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by 50calibre(m): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2014
Olucheye:

What the hell are you spewing?
Pay £15k for a Postgraduate degree and they send you packing the same month you're done..
Or pay AUD$23k for a Postgraduate course where you could get same less in better ranked institution in the US and better job offers almost after ?

Please cancel out your twisted ideas based on it's tourism potentials, those two countries are just damn expensive with lesser potentials .

And what correlation has any of these with quality of education? Do you even know what quality of education means?

First, no one sends you packing the same month your postgraduate studies ends in the UK, you will be given reasonable time to cross your Ts & dot your Is.

As for your second argument, those prices are an average (take into account the US has many times more universities as Australia or the UK) this doesn't meant there aren't far more expensive universities in the US.

Now I challenge to show me a AUS$23k Australian university & a higher ranked price equivalent in the US (bear in mind Australian dollar is slightly lower than the US dollar)

@the first bolded: of course!! Because you will be the only postgraduate degree holder lol another proof you've got little idea of what you're talking about. FYI Lots of factors determine your employment prospects, jobs are not waiting for your immediately after your studies.

@the last bolded; I could agree with you on this.

1 Like

Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by hummerwise(m): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
my country Nigeria 9ja no dey dea?
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by Smartsyn(m): 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
Am not surprise Nigeria is not on that list, cause we're talking about real Education, not the scam we've here..
Re: The Top 15 Most Expensive Countries In The World To Get An Education by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
I dont believe dis list....
No arab country....
where is U.A.E, and saudi arabia??

(1) (Reply)

Seminar/project Topics And Materials In Statistics / 20 Best Poly In Nigeria / GST 112: LOGIC IS FUNDAMENTAL TO EVERY DISCIPLINE. DISCUSS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.