Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:04 PM

Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls (1267 Views)

Have Family Values / You Think You Have Family Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by Gamine(f): 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2008
Im curious.

i hope i dont have a weird family

when you come to my house, you wont see any pictures on the wall

sure, we have some framed pictures but they dont hang.

Most homes ive gone to, have pictures of wedding, first son, first daughter, the whole family

relatives, great grand fathers and mothers, both in black and white and coloured.

you know,

please someone tell me, we arent weird ooh!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2008
You are not the only one grin. Our walls are very bare of such picture frames. I don't really like the thought of wedding, baby pictures hanging everywhere, it gets boring afterwards, that's just me undecided
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by BabyJinx: 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2008
Rotflmao! Weird is when you have you have pictures detailing ever second of your son's your life and then doing the same thing for his children and would probably have done for his children's children if. . . well you know. Weird was my grandmother's love for family pictures. LMAO

I think it's the older generation who were more into hanging pix, apart of the the wedding pix in a small photo stand, I don't see a lot of people going haywire with pictures like that.

Do you feel better grin
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by Godalone(m): 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2008
We have pictures hanging on the walls of our family house but i do not have in my house.I just don't like it,it looks boring.
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by BabyJinx: 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2008
Oh Yeah, the older generation. . . most def and it was probably for show. You know how them old folks can turn everything into status bearing. I see you one child's wedding picture and raise you my seven children's wedding pictures. Aha! Who is your daddy now. . . type thing

I am a minimalist when it comes to decorating and all that photo hanging all over the place like we are in a museum is just panti for me. Besides, I really don't like looking at old pictures. . . I mean, whatever for? 
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by Gamine(f): 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2008
AAsh!

Thank goodness! grin grin

in some houses, its like they have a shrine or something in the sitting room

big, mega big potraits arranged everywhere.

i wont hang pictures in my own house too.
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by kokoye(m): 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2008
depends on the way the house is decorated. some people can be very tacky with theirs.

stillwater, you can get a digital frame and load all ur favorite pics so it'll show all the pix according to ur setting.

that way ur not just staring at the same pix for endless years
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by ifyalways(f): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2008
lol
I guess it a fading fad.No one does such things anymore.
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 31, 2008
kokoye:

depends on the way the house is decorated. some people can be very tacky with theirs.

stillwater, you can get a digital frame and load all ur favorite pics so it'll show all the pix according to ur setting.

that way ur not just staring at the same pix for endless years

Wouldn't it make you go dizzy instead? Going on and on and on and on. . . cheesy Not bad anyway.
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by HRhotness(f): 2:23am On Oct 31, 2008
Gamine:

I'm curious.

i hope i don't have a weird family

when you come to my house, you wont see any pictures on the wall

sure, we have some framed pictures but they don't hang.

Most homes ive gone to, have pictures of wedding, first son, first daughter, the whole family

relatives, great grand fathers and mothers, both in black and white and coloured.

you know,

please someone tell me, we arent weird ooh!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

i think my family is weirder than urs

my mum wld hav a coronary and die if we ever put anything on her walls. . . we hav laods of portraits but they r all on mantles and shelves and side tables, the bigger ones r on d floor. . . even wall clocks r not allowed.

her decorator suggested a painting shd go up on one very bare wall like that, d woman started hyperventilating. . . she finally gave in and we hav couple of paintings up but that is it!
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by spikedcylinder: 11:07am On Oct 31, 2008
For my family, it would be a herculean task trying to get all the members of each sect and hamlet into one tiny picture. undecided
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by damiso(f): 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2008
Finally i thought my family was the wierd one when it comes to hanging pics everywhere.My mom just does not like it and i think i have inherited that trait.i have just one tiny frame with one of my traditional wedding pic and it is on my dressing table in the bedroom.I really hate those museumish  looking living rooms with zillions of pictures,It doesnt make it look like a home anymore.(i personally think its razz undecided)
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by Gamine(f): 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2008
LOL.

The museum illustration is so right.

Like when a visitor, one that has never visited in the house before, comes

Then they are showing the person the pics on the wall

Here, is our traditional wedding, ooh how nice

here is our white wedding, ooh nice dress

here is our Granma, oh how pretty

here is our first child, bayo, ooh how cute

and it goes on and on.
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by bababuff(m): 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2008
You are not alone o!

In my house, we only have 3 portraits of my first child's dedication day, first birthday and school picture in my sitting room.
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by iice(f): 5:35pm On Oct 31, 2008
On the mantle and stuffs yes. Wall? No.
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by chika98: 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2008
I never liked things like that much. I won't be hanging anything on my walls either.
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by abujabooks(f): 9:55pm On Oct 31, 2008
2 family portraits which r updated yearly.
Re: Do You Have Family Potraits On Your Walls by plappville(f): 12:00am On Nov 02, 2008
Huhhhh, it sounds like every1 hates picture hanging on the wall.

As for me, i did hang 1 of my wedding portrait, my family portrait and my two kids pictures on the well, they are beautiful.

I dont see anything wrong or how does it become an old fasion to hang pictures on a wall, at least i have 3 important portraits in my living room my hubby and kids love it, If u want to talk of grandmum, grandpa, sister brother, i won't accept that even me alone i dont like.

I just can't stop watching this beautiful pictures day and night, they are for me and not for my visitors,
I don't care my visitors opinion on how my sitting room should look like.

NA ME BE THIS OOOO.

(1) (Reply)

April Fool's Hoax Kills Man, Wife Charged To Court! / If You Don't Treat Her Like A Queen! You Will Be A Lonely King. / Dear Members Of The Family Section.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.