Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Causes Of Dimples - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Causes Of Dimples (1973 Views)

Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. / Are There 'nurses-made' Dimples? / Causes Of Waist Pain In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Causes Of Dimples by Aidy97(f): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
What causes those adorable dimples in people's cheeks? A terrible muscular deficiency. That's right — every time someone smiles and shows off dimples, they're actually revealing their ultimate weakness. Or a little genetic quirk. Whichever.
Dimples are especially common in the face, because the muscles pull the skin on the face around, instead of just pulling around bones. The face also has bits of body fat, which cause the dimples to be more visible. Most cheek dimples are the result of a shortened muscle, zygomaticus major, pulling on the skin. There are dimples in the chin and the elbows, as well. At rest, it's not noticeable, but as the muscles around it pull into a smile, its shortness creates divots in the face.
What can you do if you have this terrible weakness? All muscles in the body stretch out, if consistently pulled over time. Just as you can stretch a muscle in your leg to make it capable of greater movement over time, you can stretch a cheek muscle or two. Some people do lose their dimples as they grow into adulthood — they lose fat in their face, and their muscles pull longer. But don't play it safe! Identify this culprit, and stretch without mercy. Only then can you smile from a position of total strength

Re: Causes Of Dimples by naijaboiy: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Why should I want to lose my dimples undecided
When the girls like it cool

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Dimples by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmm.
Re: Causes Of Dimples by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Watever! My dimples make me look so awesome! kiss
Re: Causes Of Dimples by 3coins(m): 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
i like dimples. . .sadly i dont have sad

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Dimples by whogatti: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2014
shocked Some even have it on their buttz...but most are self made here in 9ja,dnt ask me how,consult ur grannies....I wish I av it tho cool
Re: Causes Of Dimples by pweetyz(f): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
I really love dimples buh ion have it..and if i did..i aint sure i'd want to lose it for anything in the world..its so damn cute
Re: Causes Of Dimples by Sleekshady(f): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
I have it on my butt but so sad I can't always reveal it for people to see
Re: Causes Of Dimples by rhemakid1(m): 12:35am On Sep 29, 2014
loose my dimple?? my selling point? ? ? tongue

(1) (Reply)

Help:-headache Is Ruining My Life!! / List Of Herbal Clinics In Nigeria / How I Battled And Defeated Premature Ejaculation (A True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.