Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport (1175 Views)

Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by Biliamin(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
Reports just reaching us at 247nigerianewsupdate.co has it that a Liberian woman infected with the Ebola virus has been caught at the Lagos international airport today, when she arrived from the Air Morok flight.

The woman whose name was not identified as at the time of this report, was said to have just landed at the Lagos airport when she was screened and the virus was detected in her.

She was immediately arrested.

- See more at: http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/breaking-news-another-liberian-with-ebola-arrested-at-lagos-airport/#sthash.xPKqyyZx.dpuf
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by Biliamin(m): 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
One of my colleagues here said they shouldn't have reported it. He said the woman should have been killed if confirmed true. lol

But, is it possible this is confirmed from the airport without a proper assessment/diagnosis?
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by HonourablePomk: 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Biliamin: Reports just reaching us at 247nigerianewsupdate.co has it that a Liberian woman infected with the Ebola virus has been caught at the Lagos international airport today, when she arrived from the Air Morok flight.

The woman whose name was not identified as at the time of this report, was said to have just landed at the Lagos airport when she was screened and the virus was detected in her.

She was immediately arrested.

- See more at: http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/breaking-news-another-liberian-with-ebola-arrested-at-lagos-airport/#sthash.xPKqyyZx.dpuf
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by morningsta(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
For as long as neighbouring countries are unable to battle this ebola thing squarely, Nigeria remains at risk no matter how hard we work at erradicating it from Nigeria. it will just take 1 infected person to walk in through our porous boarders and we are in for it! angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by gede7744(f): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
these Liberian ppl do they ve anything against us Nigerians? they shld pls spare us from this ebola problems. why try to complicate our lives
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
We never cut ties with Liberia? The way Chukwu is going about his 'ebola free naija' announcement, only God will save us from those seeking naija ebola medical miracle. But this story sha... The testing was so fast! Besides, wasn't she screened before boarding? Or they sent another Sawyer?

If it's true, she should be catapulted back home;we can't afford to waste scarce resources treating wicked Liberians.
God help us with all our illegal border routes sha.
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by purplesummer(f): 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
How was she immediately diagnosed of Ebola? Do they now have an Ebola laboratory at the airport?
The woman's temperature was probably high and being a Liberian they concluded she is infected with the EVD, a reasonable conclusion though especially in these trying times sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by sunnydayasaba(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
Liberians looking for means to complicate Nigeria problem wit this EVD
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by lomprico(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
The people that hired sawyer are at it again, since their plan to spread d virus in Nigeria failed they av hired anode person to come n finish d work. Our customs n immigration officers shod b more vigilant. Ebola must not thrive in our country.
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by phreakabit(m): 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Shut the freaking borders and embassies for now! I don't know what these government is looking for? With Nigeria EVD survival rate, this place is looking like a sure-fire ticket to survival hence the migration! Maybe until we start lynching aliens then they will sit up.
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by phreakabit(m): 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
purplesummer: How was she immediately diagnosed of Ebola? Do they now have an Ebola laboratory at the airport?
The woman's temperature was probably high and being a Liberian they concluded she is infected with the EVD, a reasonable conclusion though especially in these trying times sad

The easiest and earliest of symptoms. . . .Abi you think say the infrared thermometers na bomb detector? Every suspicion is treated as a possible case, and rightfully so in the current situation.
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by Lilimax(f): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
[These Liberia people should remain in there country and sort out themselves angry
We are not yet through with Patrick Sawyers wahala.
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
phreakabit: Shut the freaking borders and embassies for now! I don't know what these government is looking for? With Nigeria EVD survival rate, this place is looking like a sure-fire ticket to survival hence the migration! Maybe until we start lynching aliens then they will sit up.
It may sound harsh but yes;people from 'ebolarized' zones, especially Liberians should not be allowed into the country for any reason. These people are bent on frustrating our effort!

On a lighter note: how about we airlift loads of ewedu and drop with prescription sheet?
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by Heamah: 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
phreakabit:

The easiest and earliest of symptoms. . . .Abi you think say the infrared thermometers na bomb detector? Every suspicion is treated as a possible case, and rightfully so in the current situation.

High temperature is one of the commonest sign of most illness. High temperature doesn't translate to EVD
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by phreakabit(m): 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
candy:
It may sound harsh but yes;people from 'ebolarized' zones, especially Liberians should not be allowed into the country for any reason. These people are bent on frustrating our effort!

On a lighter note: how about we airlift loads of ewedu and drop with prescription sheet?

Want to laugh at the ewedu bit but I am too worried to laugh. Have never been this paranoid in my life!

Edit: mobile qwerty keyboard plus autocorrect is a b*tch!
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by phreakabit(m): 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Heamah:

High temperature is one of the commonest sign of most illness. High temperature doesn't translate to EVD

If you can read and comprehend, you'd understand that post. . . . Might be worth a "re-read".
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by Biliamin(m): 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
The report has picked it that the woman is a South African who has worked in Liberia for some time. She flew in from Morocco and has been taken to the Lagos Ebola treatment centre for tests after she acknowledged suffering from diarrhea and vomiting
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by phreakabit(m): 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Biliamin: The report has picked it that the woman is a South African who has worked in Liberia for some time. She flew in from Morocco and has been taken to the Lagos Ebola treatment centre for tests after she acknowledged suffering from diarrhea and vomiting
Flew in from Morocco. . .Why not fly back to South Africa? . . . I reckon they have better healthcare facilities there. So what about the other passengers aboard the same flight as her?
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
phreakabit:

Want to laugh at the ewedu bit but I am too worried to laugh. Have never been this paranoid in my life!
We are all worried my brother, but I believe if we don't let down our guards and if we stop broadcasting the success rate, we will be fine.

My fear though lies in our land borders, they are just too porous. Do you believe that maids and labourers still enter naija with the help of greedy slave masters who pay stipend to get them in without any medical check done on them? Sad but true. That was why I suggested earlier the use of force on illegals.

God brought us this far;He will see us through.
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by phreakabit(m): 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
candy:
We are all worried my brother, but I believe if we don't let down our guards and if we stop broadcasting the success rate, we will be fine.

My fear though lies in our land borders, they are just too porous. Do you believe that maids and labourers still enter naija with the help of greedy slave masters who pay stipend to get them in without any medical check done on them? Sad but true. That was why I suggested earlier the use of force on illegals.

God brought us this far;He will see us through.
Amen
Re: Breaking News: Another Liberian With Ebola Arrested At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Biliamin: The report has picked it that the woman is a South African who has worked in Liberia for some time. She flew in from Morocco and has been taken to the Lagos Ebola treatment centre for tests after she acknowledged suffering from diarrhea and vomiting
She missed her way, han? Why wasn't she screened at Morocco and why didn't she board a flight to SA from Morocco? I hope they isolate and screen her co-passengers.

I still say we should reduce our noise on ebola treatment because we are not even sure all those people actually had ebola. We are trying too hard to look like we have a 'hidden' cure, even US only announced 3 patients despite news going round that they are secretly treating more. I pray our leaders' loud mouth don't wound us.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Legal Steroids With Crazy Bulk / Bleaching In Nigeria / Serious Birth Defects Affecting Unborn Babies Due To Zika Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.