Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,467 members, 7,854,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

A thread to criticise our employers: How are you being treated by your boss? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A thread to criticise our employers: How are you being treated by your boss? (563 Views)

You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? / 6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A thread to criticise our employers: How are you being treated by your boss? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Some bosses in the privately owned firms can really be selfish and self-centered without taking into cognizance about the welfare of thier staff. In the real sense, the ones making the money and ensure the progress of the firm are the staff which in this case are treated like slaves and inhumane. The bosses only give directions and supervision while the staff carry out the main duty. But upon all these, some bosses treat thier workers like they are no humans. I recently came across a man who used to work with one automobile dealing firm since when i used to pass to school during secondary school days. The company has really experienced amazing progress and expansion but to my surprise (due to my closeness with him), the man who has worked in the firm over 15years now has not received up to N40,000 as monthly salary. He's been claimed to be the manager of the firm by the boss, but to what use is an ordinary title when a corresponding renumeration does not follow? Some staff of the same firm equally complain of same poor renumerations after 10yrs or more of service. I also know of private schools where teachers and staff are treated without due entitlements. Some after 25yrs of active service still ends less than N20,000 monthly as at today's economy. If you look at this set of people critically, they've no improvement to show in life while the owners of the establishments dwell in affluence. Why are the bosses selfish, what are the causes and what do one do in such cases?
Re: A thread to criticise our employers: How are you being treated by your boss? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Private sector... I prefer Public service anyday as well as the MNCs !!
Private sector is only sweet as a Boss and most times gory for surbodinates !
Re: A thread to criticise our employers: How are you being treated by your boss? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
RedBenson: Why are the bosses selfish, what are the causes and what do one do in such cases?
You know they are profit driven and the bosses most times live above the company's wealth only to work the surbodinates some more to replenish their dirts ! .....
The best thing to do is to always prepare yourself for the next Job ....don't just sit there not developing yourself ..... Resign before getting sacked !!

1 Like

Re: A thread to criticise our employers: How are you being treated by your boss? by Flips: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bad treatment is not only in poor wages. Some bosses in MNC's can also be challenging.

Maltreatment can come in form of insults, overwhelming work load, harassment, victimization, disrespect, etc. It goes beyond salaries only.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jack Of One Trade, Master Of One! / Dubia Employment / Knock! Knock: Oil And Gas Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.