Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. (1233 Views)

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) / 5 Foods You Should Not Eat Again / 5 Foods You Should Not Eat Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by JEITO: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
I like food! Just like every other person. And i like to enjoy every food I eat so I'm always expectant.

But there are certain food I had high hopes on for certain reasons but unfortunately, I had a not too good experience eating them. For example, when I was a child, I always admire gala for its advert( you know how alll these sausage ad usual is na) but the first time I had a bite of gala, I threw it away because it didn't taste like what I expected it to be.

Same experience the first time I ate oat( quaker's oat precisely). It tasted like what the Hausas call tarige Even though these experiences are about 20 ago, I've still not recovered from those experiences for me to try them again.

So what is your own not too pleasant 1st experience at trying a new food
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
...Custard...tasted like rubber...

4 Likes

Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by adebayour26: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
temigracie: ...Custard...tasted like rubber...
ara oko (bush girl)...did u put sugar & milk
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Gala....makes me want to throw up
Fufu....the smell is repelling
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Djicemob: 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
My own is that egusi that is cooked together with draw. #Yuck.
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by lalasticlala(m): 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
one fruit like nut I don't really know d name but its like okpaka or something in IBO. I hate it
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by autofreak2020(m): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
ikokore
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by JEITO: 9:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Djicemob: My own is that egusi that is cooked together with draw. #Yuck.
do dey cook egusi and draw together? I only kw that some ppl prefer to mix the two in restaurants..
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Djicemob: 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
JEITO: do dey cook egusi and draw together? I only kw that some ppl prefer to mix the two in restaurants..
Yeso.A female friend cooked that for me one time and i was like "The f#ck is this?" forced my self to swallow cos i don't wanna make her feel sad.
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by remsonik(f): 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
My own is ikokore, damn so slimy!!
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Pavore9: 7:15am On Sep 12, 2014
JEITO: do dey cook egusi and draw together? I only kw that some ppl prefer to mix the two in restaurants..
lf u mean ogbono by draw, l do cook it with egusi regularly, adding scented pepper, crayfish, uziza seeds etc.

1 Like

Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by viuche: 8:57am On Sep 12, 2014
Indomie
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by JEITO: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2014
Pavore9: lf u mean ogbono by draw, l do cook it with egusi regularly, adding scented pepper, crayfish, uziza seeds etc.
yeh that's wat I was refering to. But haven't seen where they are cooked together. Kul
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Emmaesty(f): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2014
The igbo food called Abacha........ The thought of it makes me feel like throwing up.
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by JEITO: 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
Emmaesty: The igbo food called Abacha........ The thought of it makes me feel like throwing up.
are you for real You hate abacha?

2 Likes

Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Emmaesty(f): 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
JEITO: are you for real You hate abacha?
The thing is digusting jare..... Tastes like palm oil and fish
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by amakajoe(f): 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
A friend of mine forced me to eat tuwo chinkafa...just one spoon I had to puke embarassed I hate it with passion
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
lalasticlala: one fruit like nut I don't really know d name but its like okpaka or something in IBO. I hate it
I think its Okpar or thereabouts and i hate it too.
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by polz(m): 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
Etz called *Abacha!!* undecided

Well it happened dat my brodie n I were invited 2 a church prog smwer in ijesha(lagos). D sermon was takin 2lng, so we decided 2 take a stroll so as 2 get smfin 2 eat. On exiting d gate, we met up wif dis crowded restaurant. Nd wen I say crowded, I mean CROWDED... We walked up 2 buy d supposed Rice or Beans or Eba we felt dey were eating...
Hmmmmn_ on-getting der, wt I saw on deir plates was dis white substance chopped in2 sizes, served wif fresh veg-leaves nd cow skin(pomo). It was tempting tho +d guyz dere were eating it wif so much gusto n enthusiasm, dat I felt "DaMn!!, dis tin is worth trying" ...nd b4 u knw it "poff!!" I ordered a plate.

Hmmmmn_ brodahz n sistaz, no word cn express hw disappointed I felt dat day.
I cldnt help 2 spoon full. Yh_ it tasted dat teribu

So 2 d ladies if yu plan a suprise dessert 4 ur guy, pls dat tin Kal'd "abacha" is a no-go-area... U might just ruin everytin u've wrkd hard 4.
#SaveOurSoul#SayNo2Abacha
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by lizfab(f): 11:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
Okpa
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Chizzyozi(f): 1:32am On Sep 14, 2014
hate indomie wif a passion. d smell is disgusting also macaroni
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Diamondamsel(f): 8:43am On Sep 14, 2014
Chizzyozi: hate indomie wif a passion. d smell is disgusting also macaroni

and u pass tru higher institution....cant bliv it
besides, evri girl likes indomie
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by Chizzyozi(f): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2014
Diamondamsel:

and u pass tru higher institution....cant bliv it
besides, evri girl likes indomie
neva ate it in skul. wouldnt start nw. btw nt evri gal like it ask around
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by SAMBARRY: 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ate boiled snake, pig and boiled octopus and wouldn't want to repeat such again even though I ate it unknowingly in the name of assorted meat all for me to finish eating it and I was told what I ate . they are all unclean animals forbidden by God to be eaten
Re: Food You Ate Once But Won't Wanna Eat Again.. by JEITO: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
SAMBARRY: Ate boiled snake, pig and boiled octopus and wouldn't want to repeat such again even though I ate it unknowingly in the name of assorted meat all for me to finish eating it and I was told what I ate . they are all unclean animals forbidden by God to be eaten
lie lie! Na hungry make you eat am jor. How could you miss those visible tentacles of an octopus

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of These Bad Kitchen habits Are U Guilty Of? / Seeing Maggots In Pepper / Is Turnbrown Okay As A Food Starter For Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.