Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. (967 Views)

What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? / African Fathers Are So Sweet! / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Disneyboy: 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
U will agree with me that most of our african fathers will tell their children that they usually top their class during their schooling. Did your father took first position during his time? Mine told me that he took. grin
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by sammoe(m): 10:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
U nor carry first? Stay there.

U ask your popsy for proof?

I did and he showed me. The guy sabi book...

like me!

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
White lies meant to encourage us to perform better and better. cheesy

Dad be Like “Son, when I was your age, I was the best student. Always topping my class”

And Mum would be like “Son He repeated that class twice”.

1 Like

Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Harmvirus(f): 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
cheesy cheesy
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by jideomowunmi(f): 11:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
As in...enh, d matter tire me..who come dey carry last for class grin grin
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Disneyboy: 8:46am On Sep 12, 2014
jideomowunmi: As in...enh, d matter tire me..who come dey carry last for class grin grin
Na their teacher.....

2 Likes

Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Disneyboy: 8:47am On Sep 12, 2014
Ceasar1: White lies meant to encourage us to perform better and better. cheesy

Dad be Like “Son, when I was your age, I was the best student. Always topping my class"
dad be like "like mother like son"
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 12, 2014

2 Likes

Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by egopersonified(f): 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
Better go and read yr books, they didnt come first, but they took care of you, better start creating yr own foundation to take care of your children. If u think it is easy, why is everyone having 2,3 or 4 kids, why not have 7,9 or 12 like our parents let me see if you will survive another 5 years.
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Godmystrength: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
My own father wasn't coming first initially. he said he was a very unserious student but when he repeated a class and had to be in same class with younger ones, he gave himself brain and came like 5th. But he said the 5th sweet him well well and he added more effort and moved to the first position in his class and overall till he graduated from the university. best graduating student of his department and the faculty. He has proofs. He showed us all his results.......

The man so pushed all of us(children) that even when you come first in your class, you will be afraid of showing your result at home because he will ignore the position and focus on your grades in each subject and talk shege for your head that everybody in your class must be olodo for you to have this percentage and still manage to come first. The man's own too much but it helped us sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by ammyluv2002(f): 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
They just want to motivate us datz all grin

1 Like

Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
My dad usually say "at your age,I was already a manager controlling two pool girls" and am like "give me d chance and u would c how many I will control" and he talks abt grades too,even my mum always say its true dat he is a very intelligent being.
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by tpia1: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
chizzy94: Pop and Mom be like "I was best in my class back in the good ol' days smiley, you must not fall short."

And in my mind I will be like "Who gives a fvck? Where were the both of you when Dangote and Alakija were hussling."
cheesycheesy

wow, you are rude.

i guess you werent raised well, or maybe you refused instruction.
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
My father was a troublesome student and therefore not one of the best. It wasn't a secret. We knew it.

Yet he would not hesitate to punish us if we dared to come just second in the class ranking.

It made us think very fast. grin
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by EfemenaXY: 5:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
Thank goodness I was never pressurized like that...but encouraged to try my hardest.

Nothing beats supportive parents.

1 Like

Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
My papa no carry first and he no hide am. cool
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by egopersonified(f): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Godmystrength: My own father wasn't coming first initially. he said he was a very unserious student but when he repeated a class and had to be in same class with younger ones, he gave himself brain and came like 5th. But he said the 5th sweet him well well and he added more effort and moved to the first position in his class and overall till he graduated from the university. best graduating student of his department and the faculty. He has proofs. He showed us all his results.......

The man so pushed all of us(children) that even when you come first in your class, you will be afraid of showing your result at home because he will ignore the position and focus on your grades in each subject and talk shege for your head that everybody in your class must be olodo for you to have this percentage and still manage to come first. The man's own too much but it helped us sha.

My dad used to do same. I remember when my younger sis was always coming first in her class and my dad would always still have something to criticize and we were like, cant this man be satisfied for once? To prove his point, he changed my sister's sch and all thru her stay in the new sch, the highest she ever got was 4th position.
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yep...and my dad has prove too...
Re: African Fathers Always Taking First Position In School During Their Time. by tpiadotcom: 3:49am On Apr 30, 2015
My father was a troublesome student and therefore not one of the best. It wasn't a secret. We knew it.

Yet he would not hesitate to punish us if we dared to come just second in the class ranking.

It made us think very fast. grin

African parents, lolz.

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Shoot Pastor's Mouth For Begging Them Not To Molest Daughter / What Would You Do If Your Father Slapped Your Wife? / Sights And Colours From Africa Biggest Street Party, The Calabar Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.