Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? (6843 Views)

Bluboo Xfire2: The First Ever Android Phone With 3 Sim Slots And Big Screen / Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. / Konga, TD Mobile And Yudala Launch YEZZ Freestyle Smart Phones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by emmy02(m): 12:31am On Sep 12, 2014
Recently I ordered for a phone from aliexpress, after patiently waiting for weeks my new phone arrived, i quickly powered on the phone just to check if everything was ok, to cut the story short

The phone's 3g service is TD-SCDMA while the seller said it was WCDMA, TD-SCDMA dosnt work here in Nigeria, is there anything that i can do?

Fellow NLders If u buying a China Android Phone don't make the mistake of buying a TD-SCDMA phone cos it won't work with the network here in 9ja xpect may b deres a way around it..
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 12, 2014
TD SCDMA is also a 3G network but can ONLY be use in china. When 3G was launched sometime 2007, china launched theirs to avoid paying patent fee.
Aliexpress is full of scam, the buyer knew what u paid for, yet he/she sent something else.
OP, manage the 2G.
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by Priceless24(f): 2:28am On Sep 12, 2014
What a nice way to learn some life lessons... For egzample
All that glitters is not gold, sometimes na just shine shine
The patient dog does not always eat the fattest bone, e fit no chop at all grin
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by emmy02(m): 8:02am On Sep 12, 2014
urhoboman: TD SCDMA is also a 3G network but can ONLY be use in china. When 3G was launched sometime 2007, china launched theirs to avoid paying patent fee.
Aliexpress is full of scam, the buyer knew what u paid for, yet he/she sent something else.
OP, manage the 2G.
Brother, somepple r already running to 4g n u want me to manage 2g, na die, isn't dere an upgrade or application to install to fix it?
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by HudsonBanks(m): 8:19am On Sep 12, 2014
emmy02: Recently I ordered for a phone from aliexpress, after patiently waiting for weeks my new phone arrived, i quickly powered on the phone just to check if everything was ok, to cut the story short

The phone's 3g service is TD-SCDMA while the seller said it was WCDMA, TD-SCDMA dosnt work here in Nigeria, is there anything that i can do?

Fellow NLders If u buying a China Android Phone don't make the mistake of buying a TD-SCDMA phone cos it won't work with the network here in 9ja xpect may b deres a way around it..

I'm guessing the phone you got is the Lenovo S8 gold edition smiley I too was tempted by its beauty but on close examination noticed it was TD-SCDMA. Sadly, nothing can be done to get it to work on our 3g networks here in naija, absolutely nothing. Just be careful to read full descriptions before buying stuff online next time. Sorry bro.
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 12, 2014
emmy02:
Brother, somepple r already running to 4g n u want me to manage 2g, na die, isn't dere an upgrade or application to install to fix it?
I doubt. I think 2G/4G/3G is in the hardware of the phone. If it were to be a software, wudda been easy to tweak it. Y not ask for a refund? Send the phone back. But the cost to snd it back is very cost.
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by Osyxcel(m): 8:24am On Sep 12, 2014
emmy02:

Sorry, na 2G you go dey use b dat o. At least you can always use the WiFi, play games, watch movies and do other stuffs, You can also browse with the 2G. Get an etisalat SIM if d network is gud in your area, you'll be able to browse but downloading might be hell though.

Another option though is to get a MiFi (Universal). This will provide you WiFi anywhere you go. It's almost the size of a modem. You can easily get it on AE.

BTW, What phone is that?
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by emmy02(m): 9:04am On Sep 12, 2014
HudsonBanks:

I'm guessing the phone you got is the Lenovo S8 gold edition smiley I too was tempted by its beauty but on close examination noticed it was TD-SCDMA. Sadly, nothing can be done to get it to work on our 3g networks here in naija, absolutely nothing. Just be careful to read full descriptions before buying stuff online next time. Sorry bro.
Its actually lenovo, but its 960mini. I read every detail n wat i saw was WCDMA. Anyways, Thanks man
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by emmy02(m): 9:06am On Sep 12, 2014
Osyxcel:

Sorry, na 2G you go dey use b dat o. At least you can always use the WiFi, play games, watch movies and do other stuffs, You can also browse with the 2G. Get an etisalat SIM if d network is gud in your area, you'll be able to browse but downloading might be hell though.

Another option though is to get a MiFi (Universal). This will provide you WiFi anywhere you go. It's almost the size of a modem. You can easily get it on AE.

BTW, What phone is that?

Ok sir, its a lenovo S960mini
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by Femistico(m): 9:11am On Sep 12, 2014
haaa na one chance be dat ooo
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by emmy02(m): 9:14am On Sep 12, 2014
urhoboman: I doubt. I think 2G/4G/3G is in the hardware of the phone. If it were to be a software, wudda been easy to tweak it. Y not ask for a refund? Send the phone back. But the cost to snd it back is very cost.

Hmm.. If it's cost, then i ain't trying that ish..
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by Osyxcel(m): 10:54am On Sep 12, 2014
emmy02:

Hmm.. If it's cost, then i ain't trying that ish..

It'll cost up to 4k for slow shipping and up to 10k for express.
Re: What Can I Do With A TD-SCDMA Android Phone?? by simba01(m): 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
please does anyone know lenovo s858t??

(1) (Reply)

What Does This Mean??(see pics) / Nokia 9300 & 9500 Communicators Review / Gionee M3 Lollipop Custom Recovery(twrp)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.