Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L (8065 Views)

Nigerian Sets Record, Scores 5.0 GPA In Russia.. / First Class And 2'1 Graduates: Come And Inspire Others / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2014
emperorchedda: Make sure u get Majority of A and few B in your finals then your research project must definitely be an A, with that you will certainly make a GP of 4.0
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by haryomikun(m): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
kbshow100: The truth is always bitter, if u are not use to getting A's and B's in ur previous years, then it almost impossible to make them in ur next four semester, there are better chances of u dropping below 3.0 point to you going higher. You will need the help of TB joshua to make 3.5 CGPA (on a 5 point scale). Your grades from the first 2years will ALWAYS determine ur class of degree at the end of ur study. I'm sorry if that makes u feel bad.
My man m also sorry †̥Φ tell Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ that Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ are infact wrong.
Studying hard and understanding all topics well can be done without TB joshua
And besides, first 2 years USUALLY determine d class of degree not ALWAYS
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by okakulo1: 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
believe me, it is still possible to make 2.1. i was in similar situation some years ago, when i was in the university. with hard work, determination and siglemindedness of purpose, you can still make it. somebody has worked out the arethmetic. Just keep your eyes on the ball and cut down on socials for now. itell you , you will come back with a testimony. i wish you all the best
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by esdee108(m): 11:47am On Jan 06, 2015
UPDATE: I tried my best but I doubt I'll even get a 4.0 GPA for last semester. it was a tough semester! Kai! pls what do I do now? I have 3 semesters left plus a Summer Programme... WHAT is the WAY for ME??
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by esdee108(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2015
I need STROnG MOTIVATION to conquer ACADEMICALLY this year.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 09, 2015
kbshow100:
The truth is always bitter, if u are not use to getting A's and B's in ur previous years, then it almost impossible to make them in ur next four semester, there are better chances of u dropping below 3.0 point to you going higher. You will need the help of TB joshua to make 3.5 CGPA (on a 5 point scale). Your grades from the first 2years will always determine ur class of degree at the end of ur study. I'm sorry if that makes u feel bad.
Big fat lie don't listen to the above. You are as bad as your last failiure and just as good as your last success. For God sake you only need to make 4.00 and you are in 2.1.
You are what you repeatedly do (aristotle) so success is a matter of habit. Please take the following practical step's and I assure you making 2.1 is a piece of cake.
1. Change your mentality: The truth is if you don't change the thinking that got you a 3.0 as a cgpa am sorry bro you might as well end up with a 2.2. Maybe you are taking yourself to be an average student hence can't make A's whatever it is it's high time you change for the better.
2. Identify the problem. Think long and hard about what's been hampering your academic success. It might be little things like not attending lecture's or using fire brigade approach to prepare for your test or exams. Just focus and do a honest self assesment.
3. Improve your network of friends: Am sure you ' ve had of the saying that says your network is your networth. In essence move with like mind's that have the same objective's with you. If you are introverted get out of your shell and ask for help from those that are academically better. Make friend's with the best of the best because that's were you also wan't to be among the best.
4. Start early: bad habits like not resuming early for school should be discarded. In fact start reading preparing for next semester during your holiday's. Ask your senior colleageue's about difficult courses or courses that have bulky handout's . Get material's and start studying them before the begining of the semester. Attend every lecture and start reading from the very first day in school.
5. Read every day: In addition to starting early ensure there is no day or night that passes without reading with enthusiasm and alacrity of someone that has exam's the next day.
6.School doe'snt last forever: The major lesson i want you to take away from this long epistle is the above point. Premier league laliga girlfriend's hanging out video game's are alway's available at your beck and call. But school is just for a period of time. Make getting good's grade's an obsession even if it mean's spending 90 percent of your time studying. Its worth it at least for the next four semester's.
Success is earned. So start working toward's it from now. See you at the top.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by ncpat(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
3.5 CGPA is all you need to make 2.1 so work hard. In my case I started with 2.5 and eventually enter 200level with 3.0 then proceeded to 300level with 3.31 and then moved to 400level with 3.47 and finally graduated with 3.59 making me to graduate with 2.1 so you see with hard work you too can make it because I graduated with a wife and 2 children at the age of 36 so if I can make it with all these issues around me,you too can. To cap it all I studied Accounting and graduated 2014 and I'm now preparing to write my professional examination ICAN. So work hard.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by kbshow100(m): 9:43am On Jan 24, 2015
ncpat:
3.5 CGPA is all you need to make 2.1 so work hard. In my case I started with 2.5 and eventually enter 200level with 3.0 then proceeded to 300level with 3.31 and then moved to 400level with 3.47 and finally graduated with 3.59 making me to graduate with 2.1 so you see with hard work you too can make it because I graduated with a wife and 2 children at the age of 36 so if I can make it with all these issues around me,you too can. To cap it all I studied Accounting and graduated 2014 and I'm now preparing to write my professional examination ICAN. So work hard.
did you notice that the higher you go, the less your gp grow(because the total units are increasing). As of now he has 3.0,, moving to 3.5 will be greatest miracle I have eveer seen. Unless he start scoaring A's and only small B's,,in which he can Not because he is not the A type of student (its obvious from his current cgp).
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by Alphaoscar: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2015
esdee108:
UPDATE: I tried my best but I doubt I'll even get a 4.0 GPA for last semester. it was a tough semester! Kai! pls what do I do now? I have 3 semesters left plus a Summer Programme... WHAT is the WAY for ME??

Can you give us the update now? I stumbled on this thread and I am interested in it. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by esdee108(m): 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Can you give us the update now? I stumbled on this thread and I am interested in it. Thanks.
Yeah... graduated with 3.5 on the dot.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by Alphaoscar: 12:33am On Sep 01, 2016
esdee108:

So so happy for you . Its not easy o.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by horlawharley(m): 8:03am On Sep 01, 2016
esdee108:

Nice...congrat....with determination and dedication you can make it couple with God...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by esdee108(m): 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2016
horlawharley:

Nice...congrat....with determination and dedication you can make it couple with God...
Scratch that, I graduated with 3.77
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by promisechild(m): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
Nice one bro

Ccc fynesboi
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by Annibiteye: 5:52am On Nov 19, 2016
esdee108:

Congrats! I'll like you to share what you did, that eventually earned you a
3.5. No doubts, I know hard work did it, but how where you able to work it out? share so that others having such issues can take a clue from it.
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by Annibiteye: 5:56am On Nov 19, 2016
Reski:
Big fat lie don't listen to the above. You are as bad as your last failiure and just as good as your last success. For God sake you only need to make 4.00 and you are in 2.1.
You are what you repeatedly do (aristotle) so success is a matter of habit. Please take the following practical step's and I assure you making 2.1 is a piece of cake.
1. Change your mentality: The truth is if you don't change the thinking that got you a 3.0 as a cgpa am sorry bro you might as well end up with a 2.2. Maybe you are taking yourself to be an average student hence can't make A's whatever it is it's high time you change for the better.
2. Identify the problem. Think long and hard about what's been hampering your academic success. It might be little things like not attending lecture's or using fire brigade approach to prepare for your test or exams. Just focus and do a honest self assesment.
3. Improve your network of friends: Am sure you ' ve had of the saying that says your network is your networth. In essence move with like mind's that have the same objective's with you. If you are introverted get out of your shell and ask for help from those that are academically better. Make friend's with the best of the best because that's were you also wan't to be among the best.
4. Start early: bad habits like not resuming early for school should be discarded. In fact start reading preparing for next semester during your holiday's. Ask your senior colleageue's about difficult courses or courses that have bulky handout's . Get material's and start studying them before the begining of the semester. Attend every lecture and start reading from the very first day in school.
5. Read every day: In addition to starting early ensure there is no day or night that passes without reading with enthusiasm and alacrity of someone that has exam's the next day.
6.School doe'snt last forever: The major lesson i want you to take away from this long epistle is the above point. Premier league laliga girlfriend's hanging out video game's are alway's available at your beck and call. But school is just for a period of time. Make getting good's grade's an obsession even if it mean's spending 90 percent of your time studying. Its worth it at least for the next four semester's.
Success is earned. So start working toward's it from now. See you at the top.
The advice quoted must have been taken into account by esdee108. A great motivation. once again congrats
Re: How Do I Graduate With 2'1 When I Have A 3.0 Gpa In 300L by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 19, 2016
Annibiteye:

The advice quoted must have been a taken into account by esdee108. A great motivation. once again congrats
Wow then I'm deeply honoured. Modified just went back to the thread. Congrats to the op and God bless Seun Osewa for this wonderful platform.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Final Year Project __ Library Management Software / Is There Really Differences Between Bsc.edu And Bsc / JAMB To Move UTME To Ilorin Over LAUTECH Students’ Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.