Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,666 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 (8221 Views)

ICSN Iri-ji (new Yam) Festival 2015 / New Yam Festival Among Igbos / NEW YAM FESTIVAL (IRI JI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Darkchocolate(f): 8:04am On Sep 14, 2014
Well this front page "advert" ain't gonna pay for itself. *Rolls eyes* ... Maybe I'll just go to my village, that'll be free! Yams free too, masquerades seen through your peep curtains if you are too chicken to come out. Various umuada cooking free food. Hmmmmm ...Which one should I choose! lipsrsealed cool smiley
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 8:06am On Sep 14, 2014
kenbee:
Seeing everything from the Negative perceptions since 2009.

Gate fee idea ain't bad, atleast to control the crowd.
Which crowd? Shouldn't we even be praying for a massive turnout?

1 Like

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Darkchocolate(f): 8:10am On Sep 14, 2014
Afam4eva:
Which crowd? Should we even be praying for a massive turnout?

Ask them ooo... Which crowd indeed! Shouldn't they be hoping for a big crowd? If 100 people come attend, na 2000 pounds dey done make...half a million naira. Who wouldn't want a big crowd!
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Ferdinandu(m): 8:11am On Sep 14, 2014
The Iri Ji I know, you don't have to pay a dime to be spectator. As far as I am concerned, this is a cool business venture by my ever business oriented Ibo Brethrens

1 Like

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 14, 2014
Afam4eva: It could have been a nice event without the whole gate fee thingy. At a moment when we're trying to bring Igbo peeps back to their culture, some people think it is wise to collect money to attend a Cultural show. Are they coming to see jay z and Beyoncee? What load of crap.

its an event that will be organised with money.

2 Likes

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by beckyomas(f): 8:53am On Sep 14, 2014
Evergreen123:
i tire o, see them behaving as if its a village square thing. They want free food, free musicians, free entertainment, decoration and free hall as if its their village square. *Dammit*

2 Likes

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by ndiuwa: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2014
Ya-gaziee

1 Like

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by zeelo2014: 8:55am On Sep 14, 2014
If u don't have anything meaningful to say just..... Is the hall free? The food and drinks served that day, will it fall from the sky? The music, logistics, security and all, will u pay for them? This is London where everyone is economical unlike naija.

5 Likes

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by chrysso83(m): 8:58am On Sep 14, 2014
Hmmmmm. smh for these guys. Ticket for new yam festival kwa. Igbo guys being creative since the the time of eze nri

1 Like

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by tedlawrence1234: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2014
Abbey2sam: To enter new yam festival you have to pay..........ibos

btw, the write up is f××king too much

summary is a word you know

.....young man Abbey 2sam, must you comment and add money? I know ur a Yoruba man 'ofe mmanu ' Cowards!!!

1 Like

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2014
I'm not sure but I think this used be free a few ywars back.
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2014
Evergreen123:
Is there any event that is not organized with money? Even charity events are organized with money? it doesn't make any difference.

2 Likes

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2014
Afam4eva:
Is there any event that is not organized with money? Even charity events are organized with money? it doesn't make any difference.

so who will sponsor it ? Is money their problem ?

2 Likes

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:38am On Sep 14, 2014
Would love to be part of this...
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by AndreUweh(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2014
For those who are against gate fees charged here: to rent a hall that will accommodate between 800-1000 people cost £2000 (over five hundred thousand naira). This event last till 4am.
DJ- £300.
Food: rice, roast yam, porridge yam etc are free estimate:£700.
Announcement on Tv and radio stations £500.
So where will this money come from when most of the members are still in school?.

2 Likes

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by AndreUweh(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2014
OMOIBO1: I'm not sure but I think this used be free a few ywars back.

It has never been free.
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by kenbee(f): 10:50am On Sep 14, 2014
Afam4eva:
Which crowd? Shouldn't we even be praying for a massive turnout?

Massive turnout outside ur motherland? when tragedy struck, U will be the 1st to shout and ask why it was hosted outside Igboland.

Note: when THISDAY hosted Jay-z, Beyounce, Snoopy, Mary-j, Elliot, BennieMan, K-West, Shaggy, Wyclef etc. years back, the gate fee was #300,000. this does not mean they worth the money but just to control the fans that wished to be there.
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by coolebux(m): 10:59am On Sep 14, 2014
See their mouths

As if its being organised by your Igwes.

The people in the UK whom the event is being organised for are not even complaining.

They're even excited for the chance to be treated as Igbos, even in the UK.

And some tribalists from the s/waste that enters threads that doesn't connect with their I don't-care-life will come here and start blaming their gods for making their culture feeble.

2 Likes

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2014
kenbee:

Massive turnout outside ur motherland? when tragedy struck, U will be the 1st to shout and ask why it was hosted outside Igboland.

Note: when THISDAY hosted Jay-z, Beyounce, Snoopy, Mary-j, Elliot, BennieMan, K-West, Shaggy, Wyclef etc. years back, the gate fee was #300,000. this does not mean they worth the money but just to control the fans that wished to be there.
There's a difference between a cultural event and a musical concert. You should know that.
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 11:07am On Sep 14, 2014
AndreUweh: For those who are against gate fees charged here: to rent a hall that will accommodate between 800-1000 people cost £2000 (over five hundred thousand naira). This event last till 4am.
DJ- £300.
Food: rice, roast yam, porridge yam etc are free estimate:£700.
Announcement on Tv and radio stations £500.
So where will this money come from when most of the members are still in school?.
I understand the issue of money. Maybe i don't know much about organizing such shows but have they considered maybe asking for donations rather than selling tickets? The ticket thingy just kinda ticks me off. I would think that since we're trying as much as possible to attract some lost people back into the Igbo fold, we would stop at nothing to make sure they are not hindered in coming for such events.
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by kenbee(f): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2014
Afam4eva:
There's a difference between a cultural event and a musical concert. You should know that.

Remember: How cultural could that be when it is out of our cultural circle/boundary?
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Dreambeat: 11:55am On Sep 14, 2014
Afam4eva: It could have been a nice event without the whole gate fee thingy. At a moment when we're trying to bring Igbo peeps back to their culture, some people think it is wise to collect money to attend a Cultural show. Are they coming to see jay z and Beyoncee? What load of crap.
The fee will help to control the crowd.Moreover,the organizers will have to pay for the venue,pay the entertainers and a lot of others that will be involved in organizing the event.Also remember,we are talking about the UK here.

2 Likes

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by princeonx: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Afam4eva:
Bros, pls stop displaying this BS attitude just to look or sound smart or better still, like you have answer to everything!
Do you even know that the boad/executive members of an organization such as this (non-profit) can go to jail for throwing party for free? 100% of non-profit organization in western world are tax exempt and they'll be voilating their tax/organization status if they just dip hand in their pocket and throw a $10,000 or £6000 party for free.
And yes, charity events are organized with money and if you have been to few including Oyibo ppl own most pay gate fee!
They also RSVP unlike most of we Africans that will just show up with our guest/friends from naija! They make pledges (before the event) unlike your folks that will spend hours in the hall making pledges that 80% of them will not pay! I can go on and on and on! So spare the ticket sale abeg! Just see it as a tiny donation/support (which is actually what it is) to the organization! (Gzzzz ppl with free stuffs sef!) you want to eat, drink, dance, in a hall, park your car for your papa to watch for free? Smdh! It's no big deal abeg and FYI everything is money!! I mean everything!

It's crazy when ppl use that slang "everything no be money" they're lying or trying to get ur sh!t for free bcox everything including the sand on the ground, $hit in your toilet and water in the river is money! Unless you never buy/do any before or want to explain how it's not to me!

2 Likes

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
AndreUweh:
It has never been free.

Hmmm. Interesting

I don't ever recollect paying to get in though.
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
We did ours yesterday.It was awesome. Igbo kwenu!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by Ndyoo(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
It's a good thing...Make una dey celebrate.
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by otiigba1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin grin grin grin so this people want me to travell all the way to wembley from here just so make me eat yam for £12 una the craze!? wey i for go chop yam for lagos island Restuarant, in lea brigde road for 7 quid
Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by kenbee(f): 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tapout: proudly ibo. .......EVEN THE THREE WISE MEN WHERE FROM THE EAST...........

U called ur self a proud "Ibo" man?
Ibo are for those that lost their root and are wondering in Lagos.
I'm a proud IGBO man!

1 Like

Re: ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 by AndreUweh(m): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
Afam4eva:
I understand the issue of money. Maybe i don't know much about organizing such shows but have they considered maybe asking for donations rather than selling tickets? The ticket thingy just kinda ticks me off. I would think that since we're trying as much as possible to attract some lost people back into the Igbo fold, we would stop at nothing to make sure they are not hindered in coming for such events.
There have always been sponsors. I remember Arik airlines sponsoring one of our events during my tenure. But all the proceeds from that event went to leprocy centres in the East of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adodun Ti Obinrin Fi Nso Okunrin Dii Eru / What Does A Yoruba Village Look Like? / What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.