Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

SHOCKING! Lecturers In My Department Count Only Pages To Award Marks! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SHOCKING! Lecturers In My Department Count Only Pages To Award Marks! (569 Views)

5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions / HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING! Lecturers In My Department Count Only Pages To Award Marks! by ambrosini593(m): 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Please take note. I stumbled upon this so I decided to share. Am not the one o. Am a graduate

The way education is in this country, serves as one of the several reasons why development is one wild wild dream. Am a Unilorin student, from political science and am in 300L. My first semester in 100L was filled with Es and Ds to my shock.
I answered all my exam, assignments and test questions so perfectly. I knew this because i do check textbooks to confirm how i approached the questions whenever am through. Honestly, that first semester was terrible and i was already afraid if i could cross. Second semester came and i trippled my effort, was studying for every tests and exams karakara, going for night classes, denying myself of sleep hours and all that. I had just finished my first two exam papers when a guy who was close to our level adviser told me how all the lecturers mark the answer scripts. I was baffled, flabbergasted and dumbfounded. He revealed that some of them would invite class reps over, give them scripts one after the other to count the number of pages the student reached and award the mark based on the multitude of the pages. For instance, supposing our answer leaflet is 30pages and a rep counts a certain student's answered pages to be 10, the lecturer would direct him/her to give him/her 18. If it is 20 pages, the lecturer might instruct, ''give him 25'', and so on. Like WTF? I then realised i have been writing nothing more than 3 pages for one question all along, at least we are usually expected to answer 4 questions inside eight. Gbask! I set to quickly put things right before it was too late. I still had six more courses to write. I planned to start writing novels in exam hall, even putting irrelevant stuffs at anywhere i found myself since they never read anything we write. The first paper i wrote after discovering this was something else. I filled up 37 pages out of 38. I continued with this routine till i finished my papers. The only thing i always make sure i did was to write accurate things at the beginning and final pages of the leaflet. The department that their lecturers are fond of this scheme are those in History department. When the results were released i got six C, one D and one E. Guess what? The E and C were the ones i wrote before i met that guy!, and found out the reason for my past failures. Honestly that guy saved my behind, else i would not have crossed. This is the situation in some departments in Unilorin, the present acclaimed best university in Nigeria. Though i doff my hat for the school's innovation and pace setting in other various cases.
www.ndugist.com/2014/09/shocking-lecturers-in-my-department.html?m=1
Re: SHOCKING! Lecturers In My Department Count Only Pages To Award Marks! by nifton(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
U don talk ur own,wait make d lecturers talk dia own version.
Re: SHOCKING! Lecturers In My Department Count Only Pages To Award Marks! by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 20, 2014
Checkout this fast growing network today @ www.aaupad.com to connect, chat, share, meet old colleagues, download and many more...

(1) (Reply)

KSU Anyigba 2014/2015, PUTME Result Is Out / All Nigerian Law School Students And Aspirants. Lets Meet Here. / Certified But Illiterate Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.