Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:20 AM

Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem (1122 Views)

Whatsapp On BB Without BIS Using MTN Sim / Unlocking Trial Version Of Repligo Reader 2.1.0.1 On Bb / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
Pls kindly help concerning my bb. Wen trying to load the os, d app loader reads 'blackberry desktop software does not have black berry device software for that you have connected to the computer'.
Have tried deleting the vendor.xml and Still same.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled d desktop manager, even downloaded it afresh.

Pls ur assistant will be greatly appreciated. Gif bless u.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
What bb model is it?
prinzson: Gif bless u.
And what the f*ck is "Gif bless you"??
Is that GOD u spelled as "Gif"??
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
urhoboman: What bb model is it?
And what the f*ck is "Gif bless you"??
Is that GOD u spelled as "Gif"??
Sorry I mean God bless u.
I use bb curve 9320 or curve 7
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
prinzson:
Sorry I mean God bless u.
I use bb curve 9320 or curve 7
are you sure you downloaded the right OS of the phone? Like sprint and verizon have a differnt OS for a particular phone.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
urhoboman: are you sure you downloaded the right OS of the phone? Like sprint and verizon have a differnt OS for a particular phone.
Ds bb is not network customized and the os I used was downloaded from bb website.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
prinzson:
Ds bb is not network customized and the os I used was downloaded from bb website.
ok, giving u a description on how to fix it will be somewhat complicated. will advice u just take it to a repair center. Like 1k will fix it.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 11:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
urhoboman: ok, giving u a description on how to fix it will be somewhat complicated. will advice u just take it to a repair center. Like 1k will fix it.
Pls kindly tell me wat to do cos where I dey, dem no get repair centre. I dey one villa for kogi dey serve. Abeg pls help me.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 13, 2014
prinzson:
Pls kindly tell me wat to do cos where I dey, dem no get repair centre. I dey one villa for kogi dey serve. Abeg pls help me.
lol. Ok, herez what to do, try to uninstall the phones OS from the laptop, and re-install it. Make sure its properly installed. If you download the OS from BB's site, therez no need to delete the "vendor". (I think)
Also, if it refused to update, delete the OS and download it afresh, make sure its the latest. I believe you have updated your BB before with the desktop manager. Right?
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 6:16am On Sep 13, 2014
urhoboman: lol. Ok, herez what to do, try to uninstall the phones OS from the laptop, and re-install it. Make sure its properly installed. If you download the OS from BB's site, therez no need to delete the "vendor". (I think)
Also, if it refused to update, delete the OS and download it afresh, make sure its the latest. I believe you have updated your BB before with the desktop manager. Right?
Have deleted d former desktop manager and downloaded a fresh one from bb site. Ave never use d manager to update d bb before.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 13, 2014
prinzson:
Have deleted d former desktop manager and downloaded a fresh one from bb site. Ave never use d manager to update d bb before.
what version is the BB manager? I use 7.1. It works perfectly.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 7:48am On Sep 13, 2014
urhoboman: what version is the BB manager? I use 7.1. It works perfectly.
Yes, dats wat I use also. But to my surprise d apploader saying dat the Dm does not contain d os of dat curve. I really tire no be small. D error 507 still dey there. Really need help on ds bb.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 13, 2014
prinzson:
Yes, dats wat I use also. But to my surprise d apploader saying dat the Dm does not contain d os of dat curve. I really tire no be small. D error 507 still dey there. Really need help on ds bb.
download this file, "JL cmder" its a java loader used in wiping and resetting a BB that is not recognized to BB manager, after wiping and reseting, use the bb manager to update the device.
download and extract the JL and run install.cmd file.

JL_Cmder for blackberry, the javatool for blackberry which can help you to recover a crashed blackberry might be your last resort to get your blackberry back to life.

After having downloaded the JL_Cmder utility for blackberry, connect your blackberry with the USB cable to your computer, you will need to run the JL_Cmder.cmd file

On the first screen you will simply press a random key to continue the process. You will then be asked in the second JL_Cmder for blackberry screen if your device is protected with a password, choose yes or no (press Y or N).

When you have chosen Yes you will need to enter your blackberry device password in the third screen. You will then be redirected to the fourth screen, if you have chosen No in the password screen, you will automatically be redirected to screen nr 4.

Now to recover your blackberry OS, press "4" and don't panic when you see the red screen, this is normal! it will just warn you that your complete blackberry OS will be erased. following the blackberry tradition, you will need to type the word "blackberry" to confirm erasing the blackberry OS.

After having completed this step, your blackberry should be completely cleared and ready to be reinstalled with the Blackberry OS release for your provider and downloaded from the official blackberry website.

Notice that JL_Cmder for blackberry should be used as a last resort only when all other means to recover your blackberry have failed. Mistakes or even the smallest issue might "brick" your blackberry (= unusable
Goto blackberry freaks and download it.
Or just goto ur google type blackberryfreaks.com/JL loader, u will get the link
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2014
prinzson:
the OS I meant is the curve 9320 firmware. Not the BB manager. Hope you knw u will have to download the phones firmware after you download the BB manager?? Dont use that JL loader yet, If you have the phones firmware installed in ur PC, uninstall it. Redownload and install it in ur PC, reboot the PC, locate the vendor file and delete. Then proceed to the apploader. NOTE, uninstall the phones firmware(not the BB manager) redownload it and install it.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by cupid4ig(m): 9:56am On Sep 13, 2014
Try downloading verizon version or from mtn sa. Verizon version seems to work better
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2014
urhoboman: the OS I meant is the curve 9320 firmware. Not the BB manager. Hope you knw u will have to download the phones firmware after you download the BB manager?? Dont use that JL loader yet, If you have the phones firmware installed in ur PC, uninstall it. Redownload and install it in ur PC, reboot the PC, locate the vendor file and delete. Then proceed to the apploader. NOTE, uninstall the phones firmware(not the BB manager) redownload it and install it.
Wats d difference between d firmware nd bb manager? Cos the bb is not from any network.
Pls explain better on firmware.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 13, 2014
prinzson:
Wats d difference between d firmware nd bb manager? Cos the bb is not from any network.
Pls explain better on firmware.
if u did not download the firmware in the first place, I think that is where the problm was. The firmware is the OS that will be pushed in2 the phone with the help of BB manager. BB manager is not all u need to flash a phone. U need the firmware too nd make sure its the lastest OS u download, its like 250mb. Download it and install.

First locate your carrier and the OS version u wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC (double clicking) the file you downloaded
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in ur BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file. It will open and prompt u to select the port to wch ur device is connected,(if it says USB PIN UNKNOWN) quickly click next. It will reload the OS in2 ur phone.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
urhoboman: if u did not download the firmware in the first place, I think that is where the problm was. The firmware is the OS that will be pushed in2 the phone with the help of BB manager. BB manager is not all u need to flash a phone. U need the firmware too nd make sure its the lastest OS u download, its like 250mb. Download it and install.
First locate your carrier and the OS version u wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC (double clicking) the file you downloaded
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in ur BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file. It will open and prompt u to select the port to wch ur device is connected,(if it says USB PIN UNKNOWN) quickly click next. It will reload the OS in2 ur phone.
The bb has no carrier for it is a pure bb. Not registered to any carrier.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
prinzson:
The bb has no carrier for it is a pure bb. Not registered to any carrier.
lol, it doesn't matter. That is the reason for deleting "vendor.xml".
Have u downloaded the OS yet? Just download it first and 4lo the procedures above. The OS is what u need to flash it.
goto ur google and type "blackberry 9320 OS update"
A BB site will show up for u to download it to ur system and install.
This OS is diffrnt from BB manager.
OK, u knw what? If u can access youtube. Goto the search bar of youtube and type "how to flash blackberry 9320"
I guess a video will help you better, remember I told you the description is somewhat complicated.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
urhoboman: lol, it doesn't matter. That is the reason for deleting "vendor.xml".
Have u downloaded the OS yet? Just download it first and 4lo the procedures above. The OS is what u need to flash it.
goto ur google and type "blackberry 9320 OS update"
A BB site will show up for u to download it to ur system and install.
This OS is diffrnt from BB manager.
OK, u knw what? If u can access youtube. Goto the search bar of youtube and type "how to flash blackberry 9320"
I guess a video will help you better, remember I told you the description is somewhat complicated.
Do I need to uninstalled d desktop manager and installed d os or keep both
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
prinzson:
Do I need to uninstalled d desktop manager and installed d os or keep both
don't uninstall the DM, just download the OS and 4lo the procedures I gave earlier.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
urhoboman: don't uninstall the DM, just download the OS and 4lo the procedures I gave earlier.
Pls wat of d vendor file in d apploader of d desktop manager, should I delete it?
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
prinzson:
Pls wat of d vendor file in d apploader of d desktop manager, should I delete it?
that is the "vendor" you ought to delete. Just delete it and click on the "loader.exe" and 4lo the onscreen guide.
Have u download the OS yet?
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
urhoboman: that is the "vendor" you ought to delete. Just delete it and click on the "loader.exe" and 4lo the onscreen guide.
Have u download the OS yet?
I downloaded that of mtn.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
prinzson:
I downloaded that of mtn.
lol, dude, u are confusing me shar. MTN?? Does mtn have OS? I guess u downloaded something else.
If u get to the site I gave you, it will ask u to select your device model, locate and select "9320 curve 7" then the next page will display all the OS that has been released for the phone. Just download the one at the top. That is the latest. After the download, install it. The file is about 250+mb. https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...29235D8438A347 when u get to the site, therez a form u will fill before u get to the next page to download it.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
urhoboman: lol, dude, u are confusing me shar. MTN?? Does mtn have OS? I guess u downloaded something else.
If u get to the site I gave you, it will ask u to select your device model, locate and select "9320 curve 7" then the next page will display all the OS that has been released for the phone. Just download the one at the top. That is the latest. After the download, install it. The file is about 250+mb. https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...29235D8438A347 when u get to the site, therez a form I will fill before u get to the next page to download it.
It ask for d service provider before getting to where u select the bb type den fill d form before downloading.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
prinzson:
It ask for d service provider before getting to where u select the bb type den fill d form before downloading.
I think it doesn't matter the provider u select. But try this site, it doesn't require u to fill any form. https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
Click the bar it will display and select ur device. The OS will come next.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
urhoboman: I think it doesn't matter the provider u select. But try this site, it doesn't require u to fill any form. https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
Click the bar it will display and select ur device. The OS will come next.
I am very grateful to u, for ur help in restoring my bb. God bless u, u shall not lack, everything u touch shall prosper. IJN.

And to every other person dat helped also, I pray the LORD GOD shall remember and help shall not seize at ur door step in time of need. IJN.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
prinzson:
I am very grateful to u, for ur help in restoring my bb. God bless u, u shall not lack, everything u touch shall prosper. IJN.

And to every other person dat helped also, I pray the LORD GOD shall remember and help shall not seize at ur door step in time of need. IJN.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
u flashed it?
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by prinzson(m): 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
urhoboman: u flashed it?
Yes, just flashed not quite long. It worked perfectly. Tanx Man.
Re: Pls Help On Bb Flashing Problem by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
prinzson:
Yes, just flashed not quite long. It worked perfectly. Tanx Man.
good to hear. Uwc

(1) (Reply)

New S3 For Grab / Has Anyone Been Able To Use MTN Surprises? / [suggestion] Best Andriod Apps You Should Have..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.