Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,605 members, 7,840,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Constructive Advice...... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Constructive Advice...... (654 Views)

How To Give Constructive Criticism-the Right Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constructive Advice...... by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 13, 2014
I first started out as a teacher after the one year mandatory service, because I was not ready to sit at home. I have been applying for jobs but most often it always a dead end despite the fact that am 29years and in Nigeria, once you are thirty years of age getting a job becomes harder, tougher and chances of you getting a job becomes slimmer.... sometimes maybe because am not Chartered and many times I have no experience.

I left the teaching job after I got an offer from an Audit or Accounting firm, they pay is two thousand below the teaching job (27k) with no allowance or pension or even productivity bonus.... it look like a company that is still finding it's feet, salary is not paid in full rather a certain percentage(usually about 40 or 60% of the monthly salary) is given at the beginning of the next month for the previous month worked, that is, salary is paid in arrears and we hope they pay up, Moreso, when going for field work your transportation is taken care of and you spend more than that you will be re-imbursed. I took the job because I needed experience in my choosen profession(Finance/Accounting). I have learnt a few things in this firm couple working with the team. One ofthete am member is chartered and exposing me to many things. I plan on continuing my ICAN programme but with this type of pay, I doubt if I would be able to pay for exam fees. Did mention I spend 800nairs a day for transportation when going to office, although we do not go to the office unless need be or we are asked to come, but will be in the office on Fridays.

On one of the days we went out for field work, I got a msg inviting me for a test in a trading company that has diversified into haulage and properties.... I pass the test, oral interview, but the pay is times two of my present place less ten thousand for a start and upon confirmation I will be paid times two plus ten thousand of my present pay in my former work place Saturday inclusive......Pension, health Insurance scheme and KPI bonuses. Now, they want me to be in charge of the Accounts of the haulage and properties business.... for that amount is quite small.... did I mention that I do not have experience and they offer to train me on Peachtree which I have no knowledge about?

Now, the question I ask is
1.which one should I take?
2. The first one is not paying but afford me ample time for other interviewe.
3.The second one pays not so much but can give a little savings for ICAN.

WHATDO I DO
Re: Constructive Advice...... by Gboliwe: 3:24am On Sep 13, 2014
artisticallyart: I first started out as a teacher after the one year mandatory service, because I was not ready to sit at home. I have been applying for jobs but most often it always a dead end despite the fact that am 29years and in Nigeria, once you are thirty years of age getting a job becomes harder, tougher and chances of you getting a job becomes slimmer.... sometimes maybe because am not Chartered and many times I have no experience.
I left the teaching job after I got an offer from an Audit or Accounting firm, they pay is two thousand below the teaching job (27k) with no allowance or pension or even productivity bonus.... it look like a company that is still finding it's feet, salary is not paid in full rather a certain percentage(usually about 40 or 60% of the monthly salary) is given at the beginning of the next month for the previous month worked, that is, salary is paid in arrears and we hope they pay up, Moreso, when going for field work your transportation is taken care of and you spend more than that you will be re-imbursed. I took the job because I needed experience in my choosen profession(Finance/Accounting). I have learnt a few things in this firm couple working with the team. One ofthete am member is chartered and exposing me to many things. I plan on continuing my ICAN programme but with this type of pay, I doubt if I would be able to pay for exam fees. Did mention I spend 800nairs a day for transportation when going to office, although we do not go to the office unless need be or we are asked to come, but will be in the office on Fridays.
On one of the days we went out for field work, I got a msg inviting me for a test in a trading company that has diversified into haulage and properties.... I pass the test, oral interview, but the pay is times two of my present place less ten thousand for a start and upon confirmation I will be paid times two plus ten thousand of my present pay in my former work place Saturday inclusive......Pension, health Insurance scheme and KPI bonuses. Now, they want me to be in charge of the Accounts of the haulage and properties business.... for that amount is quite small.... did I mention that I do not have experience and they offer to train me on Peachtree which I have no knowledge about?
Now, the question I ask is
1.which one should I take?
2. The first one is not paying but afford me ample time for other interviewe.
3.The second one pays not so much but can give a little savings for ICAN.
WHATDO I DO

Too much story, most of it quite unnecessary.
When making decisions, career decisions, you project ahead. You do not make the decisions compromising your future. So, ask yourself, in 2- 5 years time, where would I love to be? Do I need to be chartered to get there? How do I set this ball on course to meet this target? When you answer these sincerely, you will have made your choice on what to keep and what to toss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Constructive Advice...... by bakandow11: 3:30am On Sep 13, 2014
Frm my own perspective, thinking outside the box, the following advantages goes along with you changing jobs;
1. it add up to your C.V that you have work with different company
2. post held ar different thereby exposing your to a bigger mrkt
3. peachery accounting also will help if not now but later.
DISADVANTAGES
1. May not av enough time to do other things like before
2. cost wise, this may b a little bit more
FULL analysis
u may not av d oppurtunity to cont ur ican bt u shuld b able to save up a little to enroll for peachery training, thats if am right.
the fact that you av d oppurtunity to do other things is a rare oppurtunity u shuld not jst give away...
If you were to be my brother, i will tell you to save and do the peachery of a thing somewhere while still remaining in thesame institution you ar working, as the clock is thicking qorking expwrience is counting.
Re: Constructive Advice...... by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2014
Thanks@all. bankadow, the jobs comes with Peachtree training(the second one).
Re: Constructive Advice...... by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
Take the second one since it's still offering you an accounting role + better benefits... if a serious interview comes up, there must be a way out... you want to reject a better job cos you think it won't afford you time for job hunting? All these while you hv been with the that one that affords you time, how many jobs hv you landed?? undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Are Parents Still Expected To Pay Full Fees Now That 4 Weeks Is Gone? / 10 Ways Using Your Initiative can Help You Suceed at work / Happy Convocation To The Whole Futa Class '14 (drop Your Comments On The Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.