Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. (20095 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / 15 Of The Most Dangerous Journeys To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 4:46am On Sep 13, 2014
To the delight (or dismay) of millions, the school season is beginning in many countries throughout the world. But it’s important not to forget that, in some partsof the world, school can be a hard-won luxury. Many children throughout the world have to take the most incredible and unimaginable routes in order to receive the education that some of us may take for granted. This list we collected will show you just how determined some children can be when it comes to getting an education.According toUNESCO, progress in connecting children to schools has slowed down over the past five years. Areas that lack suitable school routes canoften flood, making it even harder for kidsto commute. Dangerous paths are one of the main reasons why many children decide to quit school.The solution might seem easy: build roads and bridges, buy buses and hire a driver. However, the lack of funds and recurring natural disasters in many countries make it difficult to provide children with the solutions they so desperately need.

http://www.boredpanda.com/dangerous-journey-to-school/

1. 5-Hour Journey Into The Mountains On A 1ft Wide Path To Probably The Most Remote School In The World, Gulu, China.

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 4:51am On Sep 13, 2014
2. Children Climbing On Unsecured Wooden Ladders on their way to school , Zhang Jiawan Village, Southern China.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 13, 2014
3. Kids Traveling To A Boarding School Through The Himalayas, Zanskar, Indian Himalayas.

2 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Samelle(f): 4:57am On Sep 13, 2014
Eh? This is bad.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 13, 2014
4. Pupils Crossing A Damaged Suspension Bridge, Lebak, Indonesia.

3 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 13, 2014
5. Kids Flying 800m On A Steel Cable 400m Above The Rio Negro River, Colombia.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 13, 2014
6. Pupils Canoeing To School, Riau, Indonesia.

2 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 13, 2014
7. Kids Traveling Through The Forest Across A Tree Root Bridge, India.

2 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 13, 2014
8. Crossing a Broken Bridge In The Snow To Get To School In Dujiangyan, Sichuan Province, China.

1 Share

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 5:16am On Sep 13, 2014
9. Children Traveling On The Roof Of A Wooden Boat to school In Pangururan,Indonesia.

1 Share

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Chanchit: 5:16am On Sep 13, 2014
Choi...! E be like say Asia sef dey suffer pass Africa o. So make I die because I wan go school.

19 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 13, 2014
10. Students Crossing Ciherang River On A Makeshift Bamboo Raft, Cilangkap Village, Indonesia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 13, 2014
11. Miles Journey To A Boarding School Through The Mountains, Pili, China.

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 13, 2014
12. Pupils Walking On A Tightrope 30Feet Above A River, Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia.

4 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 13, 2014
13. Elementary School Students Crossing A River On Inflated Tire Tubes, Rizal Province, Philippines.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by EddyNumerouno(m): 5:54am On Sep 13, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by slap1(m): 6:08am On Sep 13, 2014
The root of education is bitter but the fruit is sweet.
Nevertheless, this shït is scary!

20 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by tpia1: 6:12am On Sep 13, 2014
is there any safe route to school anywhere?

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by princealbashir: 6:16am On Sep 13, 2014
OP, you sure they are students going to their schools? because sincerely they look like tourists to me...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:18am On Sep 13, 2014
Wow! Any price paid for Education is welcome, I hope the government of the respective countries will look inward and develop the remote part of the country to allow future generation easy access to basic amenities.

These children are the real Heroes.

5 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by datguru: 6:29am On Sep 13, 2014
If na so , school go wait first. I go enter street

9 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 13, 2014
princealbashir: OP, you sure they are students going to their schools? because sincerely they look like tourists to me...
If you go through it again, you will notice that some of them are going to Boarding schools. So they are going without uniforms but their bags/luggage..

4 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by reedbam: 6:30am On Sep 13, 2014
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by kbshow100(m): 6:43am On Sep 13, 2014
Y
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by angelTI(f): 6:59am On Sep 13, 2014
This is scary and crazy. I honestly don't support this risk because of education. What if this children make a little mistake while journeying to the so called school?

Odikwa dangerous and risky

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by KillerBeauty(f): 7:10am On Sep 13, 2014
Na wa o
Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by CoCoLav(f): 7:13am On Sep 13, 2014
OMG! this is sooo dangerous

Like kids go through this everyday?

I will NEVER allow my kids do this. WTH!!

I will rather home school my kids

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by hatux: 7:18am On Sep 13, 2014
shocked very risky, anyways thank God say am a nigerian o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 13, 2014
Chai! shocked
Ordinary ebola, we no gree resume school again.

God Bless Nigerians. grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 13, 2014
Is education there by force,or sure visa to heaven that they have to risk all?

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by flyca: 7:23am On Sep 13, 2014
Even with all the rigors, see the joys on their faces. kiss

But my naughty niece, with all the possible comfort his parents offer, full lunch box, Bobo and plantain chips, and AC car to match, he still cries to school. Everyday! angry

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School. by CoCoLav(f): 7:24am On Sep 13, 2014
I really want to know how many Nigerians will allow their children get education at all costs. Since there is no POLL

Click 'LIKE' if you will allow your kids to go through this if it were in Nigeria

Click 'SHARE' if you will not allow your kids to go.

Me ooo. LaiLai! no child of mine will do this shi.t. What if you fall off and drown? Or worse still fall off the mountain?. I will rather employ a private tutor.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 100 Universities And Polytechnics In Nigeria- August, 2013 Ranking / Spelling Bee Competition: Abdulazeez Abdulrahmon Emerges Lagos One Day Governor / 20 Best Courses VS 20 Worse Courses In NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.