Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos (31906 Views)

What Is The Situation In Your School On Resumption? / List Of Schools & Their 2012/2013 UTME Cut-off Marks / Federal Government Postponed Resumption Of Primary And Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 13, 2014
Not that we'll go ahead and pay school fees,and then,they will announce that the learners should still remain at home,cos all these schools don't care much for the students, all they want is money o.
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by dejust(m): 11:51am On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 13, 2014
Aiite... Case dismiss
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by devour129: 11:53am On Sep 13, 2014
Articulate statement .This statement just made me calm ,the federal govt should employ whomever put it together.
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Emytexboy(m): 11:55am On Sep 13, 2014
Front page tinz
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Emytexboy(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2014
trouble

noun (plural troubles)
- A distressful or dangerous situation.
- A difficulty, problem, condition, or action contributing to such a situation.
- A violent occurrence or event.
- Efforts taken or expended, typically beyond the normal required.
- A malfunction.
- Liability to punishment; conflict with authority.
- (mining) A fault or interruption in a stratum.

verb (troubles, troubling; past and past participle troubled)
- (transitive) To disturb, stir up, agitate (a medium, especially water).
- (transitive) To mentally distress; to cause (someone) to be anxious or perplexed.
- (transitive) In weaker sense: to bother; to annoy, pester.

Question 3 in the test is troubling me.

I will not trouble you to deliver the letter.

- (reflexive) To take pains (to) do something.

Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by anidan(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2014
Nice one baba fashola
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by spanzed(m): 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Better I just hope same happens here tired of dis childrens disturbance
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Tolubory(m): 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
) Training and sensitization of students, vendors,
teachers and non academic staff on EVD and how to
avoid it;
hmm..... am in support of that because some teachers will not like to touch a kid that has only body temperature..
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by daben1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
The resumption date(22) is ludicrous, they just want to jeopardise the lifes of the pupils and the students... Ebola is becoming rampant in Nigeria and they want the schoool to resume, hmmm, God help us.
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
Now, this is a sensitive, concise and mature press release. If Chukwu can address parents this way, he will score some points instead of talking so authoritatively. I don't live in Lagos but this man gat my respect. Eko o ni ba je.
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by IYANGBALI: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
Pasca07: if possible next year august
gbam. Supported. Minister of education pls take note
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ismahill: boshe ma je niyen
O de tin jebe!
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Nonybb: 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
Medicine after death. Lagos state Thieftnvbu profligates would always want to sound difference amongst others even when PDP federal Govt have already issued directive. All to act as wing of influence in furtherance of Asiwaju's fiefdom This statement is just waste of MB and time
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Gloria3389(f): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
may God protect our little ones who play with anyone without caution..
I'll suggest resumption should be postponed till the end of Ebola
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by lafuria1(m): 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
Gloria3389: may God protect our little ones who play with anyone without caution..
I'll suggest resumption should be postponed till the end of Ebola

Or better still don't send your kids to school till after Ebola
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by DECOtech(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
kayboy4y: Lovely. Hope the teachers and school authority will adhere to the stated preventions.
That's yet another story.
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by rezzy: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
Pasca07: if possible next year august

Next year August? Dem for no even resume again

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by MissTeaseMe(f): 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
CoCoLav:
Lagos state government is working.

Fashola for president

Donald duke for vice president.

Mad combo!
How i honestly wish this cld come true this 2015. But for where?!
Nigerians like charlatans.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by jamesbridget13(f): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Wetin concern me. Shey rivers state never pay me last month package. I just dey watch sha, make ei pass this coming week whether they go see me for class room on dat 22nd
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by shinysmrt: 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
CoCoLav:
Lagos state government is working.

Fashola for president

Donald duke for vice president.

Mad combo!

More like Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi for president

Donald Duke for vice president cool grin
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
iceberylin: You must be in Js1 angry
Kids on NL
sharrap, I dey mock d guy dat said dey shd resume next year January.
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by shinysmrt: 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
Nonybb: Medicine after death. Lagos state Thieftnvbu profligates would always want to sound difference amongst others even when PDP federal Govt have already issued directive. All to act as wing of influence in furtherance of Asiwaju's fiefdom This statement is just waste of MB and time

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by segradinho: 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Let them resume, the students are tired of staying home jare....

Good news for smart phone users, you can now purchase MTN and Etisalat Data Plans for as low as N400 for 250mb, Check out
this thread on Nairaland for full details https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-data-cheapest-rate

Tired of spending so much on data every month on your devices and so little MB to Show for it?
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
I am of the opinion that resumption date should be shifted till the epidemic has been contained but since the govt has decided about it guess there's much I can do about it. With my children at home I'm more at rest knowing they are safe but once they get back to school the situation gets out of my hand.
BTW why did the Lagos State govt make so much noise yesterday as if they have something different in mind? Always politicising every gaddam thing in Nigeria.
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Ayostically: 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2014
ignis: The government and NMA are confused.

imagine , they are just shifting the date forward and backward.

Dats d bad part. They shud summon all stakeholders, weigh d pros n cons then take a stand
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by GANDALF1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
Good move LASG. If the threat becomes imminent in future, who says the schools cannot proceed on compulsory holiday?
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Tex42(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
april17:
or they should not even resumed at all
better still,we can forget education and go back to farming.
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by DaGC(m): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
I'm confused. I thought the directive was issued by the Federal government. Why are peeps here making it seem like its Fashola's handiwork?

This Nigerian politics of a thing....hmmm....na wa o.
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by Xxpress(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
Pasca07: u are right they shd cancelled both primary and secondary schools resumption till they eradicate ebola completely in naija...even if it takes 20 years no problem

No, the should close the schools until all the unemployed graduates are employed.
Re: Press Statement On Resumption Of Schools In Lagos by 9jatatafo(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
Nice words but I am not comfortable with these preventive measures because we are talking about primary and secondary school children here. How would these future leaders adhere strictly to the above mentioned steps. I thought the LASG have the VACCINE. It is the VACCINE we want.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Yabatech Looks Like Whenever There Is Rainfall. / Bishop Oyedepo: New Kings University Under Construction / ASUU: NANS Rejects FG's Black Market Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.