Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers (1563 Views)

Looking 4 Fish Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by fm7070: 9:57am On Sep 13, 2014
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT FISH BUYERS

Pls. beware of some fish buyer's tricks to rip you off you hard earned money and profit.
There was this friend of mine who wanted to sell his grow-out fishes and some people from Ibadan came to Lagos to buy
They were using their sack to pack the fishes and weighing it in plastic container. In a very big pond, they claimed to have weighed 305kg
my friend was very furious that he stocked more than 1000 fishes and most of them is 0.6kg to 1kg that something must have gone wrong
when i got there, i offered to bring another scale so that we can weigh it again and we will all confirm.
To my greatest surprise, before i return from where i went to bring the scale (within 20 mins), they have gone with their bus, only for us to later realise that they have gone with some fishes as a result of the misunderstanding that ensued later.
After we re-weighed the remaining fishes, we got 511kg. Mind you, there were 2 people monitoring the scale initially and it is only weighed fishes that is taken to their bus.
If they had no skeleton in their cupboard, they should have waited for us to re-weigh since they came from a long distance
Fellow farmers, we should be very careful with these buyers, they can also be diabolic sometimes and tricky.

NOTE:
* Do not allow anyone to harvest your fish with their sack
* Have good idea of what you have in your pond before you start selling
* Use a container that you have good idea of what the quantity and weight should be
* Be prayerful, careful, watchful and smart.
* Do not allow any buyer/anyone use powder or do unwarranted makeup or do anything funny in your farm
* Ensure that you have enough people on farm if you are selling large quantity
* Attend to 1 buyer at a time
* Don't let the buyers rush you or put you under pressure

WE CAN ADD OUR EXPERIENCE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by Oye50(m): 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
I saw that scenario too not quite long ago. It's also Ibadan guys. God help us
Re: Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by Seun(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2014
Oye50: I saw that scenario too not quite long ago. It's also Ibadan guys. God help us
It may even be the same set of people.
Re: Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by Decapo: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ok
Re: Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by ichidodo: 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
Noted....
Re: Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by Pavore9: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
One really has to be very vigilant, attending to one customer at a time and watch what they come in with, making sure someone is with you when attending to buyers so s/he will be on the look out.
Re: Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by oluwacege(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
At least 4-5 tons of matured Catfish are up for sale at very affordable price around Ajebamidele area of Ado-Ekiti. For more inquiries, please call: 08035092556 or 08053230670.
Re: Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by abduldope(m): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
@op nyc one..... Bcs i so hate fruadsters
Re: Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by jayjayjay0214: 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
@fm7070 ur very daft and stupid just like ur parents .
Re: Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by world1(m): 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
The Best Pratical Is not to allow any buyer near your pond. Ask for tge quantity they need and bring it out for them.
Re: Beware Of Fraudulent Fish Buyers by manmidtexy(m): 9:47am On Jun 15, 2016
fm7070:
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT FISH BUYERS

Pls. beware of some fish buyer's tricks to rip you off you hard earned money and profit.
There was this friend of mine who wanted to sell his grow-out fishes and some people from Ibadan came to Lagos to buy
They were using their sack to pack the fishes and weighing it in plastic container. In a very big pond, they claimed to have weighed 305kg
my friend was very furious that he stocked more than 1000 fishes and most of them is 0.6kg to 1kg that something must have gone wrong
when i got there, i offered to bring another scale so that we can weigh it again and we will all confirm.
To my greatest surprise, before i return from where i went to bring the scale (within 20 mins), they have gone with their bus, only for us to later realise that they have gone with some fishes as a result of the misunderstanding that ensued later.
After we re-weighed the remaining fishes, we got 511kg. Mind you, there were 2 people monitoring the scale initially and it is only weighed fishes that is taken to their bus.
If they had no skeleton in their cupboard, they should have waited for us to re-weigh since they came from a long distance
Fellow farmers, we should be very careful with these buyers, they can also be diabolic sometimes and tricky.

NOTE:
* Do not allow anyone to harvest your fish with their sack
* Have good idea of what you have in your pond before you start selling
* Use a container that you have good idea of what the quantity and weight should be
* Be prayerful, careful, watchful and smart.
* Do not allow any buyer/anyone use powder or do unwarranted makeup or do anything funny in your farm
* Ensure that you have enough people on farm if you are selling large quantity
* Attend to 1 buyer at a time
* Don't let the buyers rush you or put you under pressure

WE CAN ADD OUR EXPERIENCE

Good post. Have same experience too

(1) (Reply)

World's Tallest Cow Saved From Slaughter / Abuja Catfish And Poultry Farming Training Workshop - June Edition / Quality Bee Suits For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.