Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

* - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / * (6013 Views)

Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why / Describe Your First Trip By Air / Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: * by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
WIZGUY69:
Come and Visit me.
shocked
ur also in connecticut?
Re: * by chemystery: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
Arcasie:
connecticut ....ws hopin I wudnt hv to reveal too much personal infomation ....just need to noe a few recommended places to visit with the friends im bringing
o.k if you need a place to go in Nigeria and enjoy your stay, then think of Calabar. Lagos is just a rowdy hustling ground and i won't advise you spend it in Lagos. Port Harcourt is just an over-hyped city so don't even think of it. Abuja....ehhhm... I leave that for Abuja residents cos i've only visited once and spent two days. Lol
Re: * by WIZGUY69(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
Arcasie:
ur also in connecticut?
No.
Nigeria of course.
i have reserved a lot of places for you like :
soka forest.
okija shrine.
chibok.
bama town.
sambisa forest.
what a lovely places for visitors. grin grin
shocked
Re: * by ibe003(m): 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ok see how it goes if you are coming to lagos and south west get ready to spend a hole day for Ebola screening and try not to shake any body, if you want to visit north, abuja and the rest, two things are involve is either you see your self inside sambisa or you get ready for Bomb explosion, then if you are ready to visit onitcha south east be ready to pay your tight for kidnaper's at least 5m for every head if not you are gone. So that is 9ija your father land, hahaha it no easy
Re: * by oothoney: 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
Cultural...our culture is primarily a part of our lifestyle, exhibited in our daily living...be it yoruba or hausa or ibo or any of the tribes

Maybe you visit your mum village, looks like you are more interested in the rural areas and for the food ( that's what we eat daily)

For the Yoruba's ...amala, iyan. Efo riro, ewedu, ila, eba, semo, isu and so...these are our daily delicasies and the hausa's, ibo's and other tribes have their's too..but there are restaurants you can buy from to have a feel.

Don't botger yourself much..am sure your mum is also planning to make it worthwhile for you and your friends as its ur 1st time and she would def want you to come back again

1 Like

Re: * by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
oothoney: Cultural...our culture is primarily a part of our lifestyle, exhibited in our daily living...be it yoruba or hausa or ibo or any of the tribes

Maybe you visit your mum village, looks like you are more interested in the rural areas and for the food ( that's what we eat daily)

For the Yoruba's ...amala, iyan. Efo riro, ewedu, ila, eba, semo, isu and so...these are our daily delicasies and the hausa's, ibo's and other tribes have their's too..but there are restaurants you can buy from to have a feel.

Don't botger yourself much..am sure your mum is also planning to make it worthwhile for you and your friends as its ur 1st time and she would def want you to come back again
thanx very much
Re: * by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
WIZGUY69:
shocked

Keep quiet, you no gree. You see your life now? undecided
Re: * by Jbond(m): 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
Arcasie: My mom is nigerian and we are both coming to visit along with some foreign friends early next year. It will be my first time and her umpteenth time smiley ... hoping some of you could give me a few travelling tips when coming to nigeria and the best places to visit while im there to make my trip more entertaining and worthwhile. thank you
Arcasie dnt bother going to lag cos that state is too rowdy nd noisy with lots of traffic, visit abuja and you will love nigeria, and for tourism sake calabar also will be a nice place, so stick to abuja, calabar and propably ur mum's village when u come to naija...hastalavista baby (in schwarzenegger's voice)..
Re: * by Bifwoli: 3:30am On Sep 14, 2014
Come visit world famous Makoko and Ajegunle with their high class cuisine,great service with safety and unrivalled quality villages.

1 Like

Re: * by iamrockyofficial(m): 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Arcasie:
my mom is yoruba and my dad is ashanti but we live in the states

Aww!! Ashanti beauty. Well I would advice you visit either lagos- for the beaches, shopping wining and dining or cross river state to get close to nature.
Re: * by londoner: 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
Arcasie.....I would say definately ABUJA and Calabar. Lagos is fun and cosmopolitan, but rowdy, crowded too. It depends on what type of vacation you want. Its good to visit Lagos for just three or four days, if you just want to see it and also shop, You will enjoy Abuja, it's more organised, clean and green for the most part (unless you go to the poor areas). There are many parks, shopping, good food, clothing and entertainment and Silverbird cinema in Abuja. I will post some ideas for you later on.

If its just the south, as you say. Then Lagos, Calabar (obudu), Enugu. I really don't think you should miss the opportunity of going to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: * by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
rozzay: Those of u saying she shudnt visit naija, we wey dey here we don die, for liberia people r dying of ebola does it make d citizens disown dier country? Abeg make una park joor
@OP come to ur country, ur modaland nothing dey happen, pm me wen u r around I go carry u enter everywere for lagos
It does...public office holders in Liberia are being sacked because they refuse to return from their unauthorized trips. Dey dia dey mumu yourself.
Re: * by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
WIZGUY69:
No.
Nigeria of course.
i have reserved a lot of places for you like :
soka forest.
okija shrine.
chibok.
bama town.
sambisa forest.
shocked
Nigeria is a lovely places...chai...pej.
Re: * by maddock(m): 6:52am On Sep 19, 2014
At times am really ashamed at the level of childishness in nairaland, op asked a very simple question that demands simple answers but most of us are complicating it.

At op, don't listen to all you read or hear in the media, lot of them media folks are just writing without basic facts. As par your visit it depends on how long you are staying and when? But visiting during the election period because you said next year 2015 is not advisable if you are in nigeria to have fun. But after the elections Abuja is recommended: the various parks, gardens, gurara falls is just like 30mins drive away, you can also see some of the surrounding mountains( if I would call them that).
Calabar you can visit Obudu resort and spend close to 3 or 4 days it depends on your budget, it's an experience you can't forget.
Lagos: there are just too many places to visit in Lagos especially on the island. The beaches, the cultural centers, conservation centers etc. Too numerous in Lagos, just check online. Being stuck in traffic in lagos is part of the fun.
Am about stories that nigeria ain't safe, shit happens sometimes and it's like that all over the world. The north is battling with insurgency, the west crime rate and the east kidnappings but that doesn't mean people I mean foreigners (oyibo) don't live there.

Lots of folks in nairaland do not even know the tourist attractions they have in their location or environment. If not for the security issue the north is the best place to visit. But definitely you can't have the mind to do that. But like I said stick to Abuja,Lagos and calabar and mind you these places are not cheap o. The cheapest room in obudu is like 25k (do your conversion of 167usd to one naira). In Abuja inside not outskirt good hotels goes for same rate too. But if you have a street smart relative your expenses would definitely be low if not ready to pay fire.

As for the other kids here please grow up.
Re: * by omalistic(f): 9:31am On Sep 19, 2014
Nice contribution Maddock
Arcasie since you'd like to get a feel of Nigerian culture, I suggest you also visit Enugu and Benin City. Most of the things we have in Abuja and Lagos are basically a replica of all you have in the states. But Enugu, Calabar n Benin City offers you something unique and quite African.

Enugu n Calabar has beautiful landscapes: hills, lakes, waterfalls and several other amazing wonders of Afrcan nature while Benin is known for preservation of her rich cultural heritage. You can also visit the very active Oba palace while you are there.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: * by striker9(m): 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lagos state, obudu cattle ranch and Olumo Rock in Abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: * by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
maddock: At times am really ashamed at the level of childishness in nairaland, op asked a very simple question that demands simple answers but most of us are complicating it.

At op, don't listen to all you read or hear in the media, lot of them media folks are just writing without basic facts. As par your visit it depends on how long you are staying and when? But visiting during the election period because you said next year 2015 is not advisable if you are in nigeria to have fun. But after the elections Abuja is recommended: the various parks, gardens, gurara falls is just like 30mins drive away, you can also see some of the surrounding mountains( if I would call them that).
Calabar you can visit Obudu resort and spend close to 3 or 4 days it depends on your budget, it's an experience you can't forget.
Lagos: there are just too many places to visit in Lagos especially on the island. The beaches, the cultural centers, conservation centers etc. Too numerous in Lagos, just check online. Being stuck in traffic in lagos is part of the fun.
Am about stories that nigeria ain't safe, shit happens sometimes and it's like that all over the world. The north is battling with insurgency, the west crime rate and the east kidnappings but that doesn't mean people I mean foreigners (oyibo) don't live there.

Lots of folks in nairaland do not even know the tourist attractions they have in their location or environment. If not for the security issue the north is the best place to visit. But definitely you can't have the mind to do that. But like I said stick to Abuja,Lagos and calabar and mind you these places are not cheap o. The cheapest room in obudu is like 25k (do your conversion of 167usd to one naira). In Abuja inside not outskirt good hotels goes for same rate too. But if you have a street smart relative your expenses would definitely be low if not ready to pay fire.

As for the other kids here please grow up.
calabar keeps showing up on everyone's list, cant wait to visit already!!...thank you so much for your detailed reply. will note these places down smiley
Re: * by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
londoner: Arcasie.....I would say definately ABUJA and Calabar. Lagos is fun and cosmopolitan, but rowdy, crowded too. It depends on what type of vacation you want. Its good to visit Lagos for just three or four days, if you just want to see it and also shop, You will enjoy Abuja, it's more organised, clean and green for the most part (unless you go to the poor areas). There are many parks, shopping, good food, clothing and entertainment and Silverbird cinema in Abuja. I will post some ideas for you later on.

If its just the south, as you say. Then Lagos, Calabar (obudu), Enugu. I really don't think you should miss the opportunity of going to Abuja.

I wont! Abuja is definitely goin on my list ... appretiate your help smiley
Re: * by yormite: 1:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
Arcasie:
thanks . I want to visit very cultural places. places that would help me know alot more about nigeria and its culture. also if u cud recommend a place wher I cud hv reali good nigerian food I'd be grateful
visit river osun in osogbo osun state olumo rock in abeokuta ogun state obudu ranch in calabar u will really have a nice time wellcome to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: * by Jbond(m): 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Arcasie:
Berra, when u touchdown in abuja, just hit me up, and we can roll #wink#
Re: * by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
Jbond: Berra, when u touchdown in abuja, just hit me up, and we can roll #wink#
will do smiley
Re: * by Jbond(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Arcasie:
will do smiley
Yeah bae, that's how we roll.
Re: * by londoner: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2014
Arcasie:

You're welcome sis. If you are going to Caabar, you DO NOT want to miss the carnival. Its a month long carnival and concert in Calabar.Its also a public holiday for the state. There are visitors from all over Nigeria, Africa and the world.

@All, can we help Arcasie out with suggestions, info, pics of places she may want to visit on her trip too?

Arcasie, there is a website called goabj (Abj is our abbreviation of Abuja), which has a selection of places to go and thngs to do. It is by no means exhaustive, but is a great resource, especially as it provides addresses.

I'll start with Abuja.

Restaurants

http://goabj.com/artists/restaurant/

I don't know your age, but bars.

http://goabj.com/artists/bar/

Spas

http://goabj.com/artists/spa/

Arts/zoo

http://goabj.com/artists/recreation/

Clubs - fitness/sports etc

http://goabj.com/artists/clubs-and-classes/

Shopping

http://goabj.com/artists/shopping-2/

Gallery of past events

http://goabj.com/gallery/

1 Like

Re: * by londoner: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2014
Some of my personal favs.......

Abacha Barracks - barbequed fish and cips with a spicy sauce. Also music and TV.

Re: * by londoner: 11:12am On Sep 21, 2014
Millenium Park.

Re: * by londoner: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Cinema/mall.

Bowling (trukadero Place)

Silverbird Entertainment Centre

Arts village (very near to Silverbird)

Gurura falls

Re: * by londoner: 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
For live entertainment and food, there is Eden Park and Gardens and blakes. I have never ben there, but it looks good depending on the night you go.

It is a talent competition place, kind of like the Apollo in NY, where acts perform (dance, sing, DJ) and the crowd rates them. I think they also have commedy too, but you woud have to find out what is on, and when.

https://www.facebook.com/EdenParkAndGardens

There are many places to eat food from around the world, including Nigerian of course. You must try our suya/shawarma. You guys have it in Ghana (kebab), which is also very good. The Naija one has a secret blend of dry spices from the north. Its soo delish

There is also the Abuja Carnival, which is held yearly and there are cultural parades from all over Nigeria.
Re: * by londoner: 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
Abuja Carnival.

Re: * by londoner: 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2014

Re: * by londoner: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
.......Next is Calabar/Obudu.............
Re: * by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
Raiders: Is Abuja really safe? There have been many bomb blast in Abuja this year. Lagos and PH has Ebola.. I will not advice any of my relatives abroad to visit Nigeria unless for an emergency . The OP should remain in her country or visit Nigeria at her own risk.
Exactly my thought, i had wanted to visit home before the Ebola outbreak but right now ain't visiting anymore grin grin
Re: * by ElFenomeno1: 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
terrimatix: Exactly my thought, i had wanted to visit home before the Ebola outbreak but right now ain't visiting anymore grin grin

You better tell everyone the truth... You know when you leave that country you cant get back in, that is why you cant visit!
Stop hiding behind the banner of Ebola or Boko Haram.
I was in Nigeria for a good few weeks and only returned this weekend... I was also out and about, no ebola, nothing happened!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Japa Its Not Easy Anywhere. / Having A Baby In Uk Now / Ghana İnternatİonal Passport Wİth A Statİ Schengen Vİsa For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.