Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (1421 Views)

Check This Out "The Story Behind Your Date Of Birth". / Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result / Delta State University Post Ume Reg And Date Of Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by 573V31D(m): 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
Re: . by McWhillion(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
Firstly, Happy birthday to you. It's evident from your question that you're more concerned about going for service than you're about your age. Yes, you can still make it to NYSC if you're 30 or below at your graduation.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
573V31D: I clocked 25 today and just gained admision to study a 4year course in unn...please ur opinion: should i change my DOB or can my age still make it to nysc? And please wish me happy birthday
hmm it depends! Well take the advice of Mcwhillion smiley
Re: . by micronut(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
yes u can go to service even above 30 if only u wish to,after graduation, an nysc mobilization form would be given to u, the date u write on that form wld show the age nysc wld recognise, after wc a correction list would still be sent weeks after for any forms of error ranging from mistake on names or even date of birth issues, there again u can evidently change to d date u like....... 25 + 4 years or 5 years course = 30 years (nysc maximum age requirement).... my advice is to do well in school so that u avoid a spill over and graduate on time, pray for smooth academic sail and lastly even if u pass dat stipulated age of 30, u wld still be given nysc excemption certificate wc is an equivalent of discharge certificate , wc is also tenable anyway for a job offer or other related activities that involves certificate stuffs in the country. i wish u well bro........
Re: . by 573V31D(m): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
McWhillion: Firstly, Happy birthday to you. It's evident from your question that you're more concerned about going for service than you're about your age. Yes, you can still make it to NYSC if you're 30 or below at your graduation.
thanks alot but u must understand that asking this question also means im greatly concerned about my age. btw, is it stil advisable to go by dat age considering d situation of d country.
Re: . by Joy83(m): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
Try to be yourself and be proud of yourself. No reason to regret your admission at this.
Even also, ALL LIARS WILL GO TO HELL FIRE!

Wishing you the very best in your years ahead!
Re: . by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
What age did U use when filling your jamb form?
Cos that's the age nysc will use.
Re: . by laivwire(m): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
Considering job options in the near future, I'll advise it's adjusted, but not too much. Jobs for recent graduates above 30yrs are not many. Do the needful now before it's too late
Re: . by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Never start your way to life with falsehood.

Though it might look tempting,coming clean is still the best,why reduce your age,when your SSCE certificate carries your age.

NYSC isn't the all in all,focus on your grade in school.

Life is what you make use of it.
Re: . by rattlesnake(m): 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
573V31D: I clocked 25 today and just gained admision to study a 4year course in unn...please ur opinion: should i change my DOB or can my age still make it to nysc? And please wish me happy birthday
u know what lawyers call " men's rea"

Criminal mind angry
Re: . by Osgilliat(m): 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
you should better change that age of yours to be on a safer side.first don't expect to graduate at the expected year of graduation,second, your age will be against you if you are in the labour market. why not safe ya self all these troubles.Nigeria situations needs an extra measures.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
If You lie about your age now, What next? You never can tell what God has in plan for You. All the best.
Re: . by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:55am On Sep 14, 2014
It amounts to selling your birth right.What happens if you have a younger brother or sister?He/she automatically becomes your elder sibling you know.
Guy,forget that NYSC thing;na only job search e fit affect you and just as finishing young won't guarantee a job,finishing at 29/30 doesnt condemn one to joblessness.

(1) (Reply)

Share The Name Of Your Only Best Lecturer Ever And The Institution. / . / 2015 Neco Computer Studies Answers Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.