Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result (25874 Views)

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake / Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! / What Course Can I Study With This Waec Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by DOWHILE: 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2010
HELLO PEEPS. I COLLECTED MY ORIGINAL CERT. RECENTLY AND I WAS AMAZED WITH WHAT I SAW. iNSTEAD OF FEB 85, IT'S NOW APRIL 82. MEANWHILE, I HAVE BEEN USING STETMENT OF RESULT SINCE. THE QUESTION IS CAN AFFIDAVIT CORRECT THIS COS I HAVE ADMISSIN SCREENING SOON?

pLEAS, I NEED YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Yommy247(m): 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2010
Oh boy na d same gbege we dey o. D same tin happened 2 me but mine is only d month
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Kadata(m): 4:45am On Sep 10, 2010
Yes , it would. Simply swear an affidavit with the mistaken age and that validates it.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Yommy247(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2010
@kadata. Hope with d affidavit it won't affect d nysc stuff. Plz reply
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by akintola22: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2010
@Yommy

It has nothing to do with your NYSC programme, because it is separate issue.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by aileru(m): 11:39am On Sep 10, 2010
u don't have to call anybody for any assistance all u have to do is to go to waec office and lodge your complain to them. they will tell you what to do over and be prepared to pay some amount of money. I too have problem with photograph on my certificate and have do the necessary things to rectify the problem.

1 Like

Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Yommy247(m): 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2010
@aileru. U are rite, Just dat am aving a screening at unaab next week. D only problem am having is d month november instead of may
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2010
Hi all. My name was misspelt as in Olluwaseun instead of Oluwaseun. What can i do about it? Does it matter at all?

1 Like

Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Yommy247(m): 7:38am On Sep 11, 2010
I heard dat 2 correct any mistake in ur certificate it wud cost #5000. But as far dat dey said affidavit is okay i will go and do dat cuz i gat a screening on next thursday at unaab
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by DOWHILE: 9:08am On Sep 11, 2010
Yomy,steveboy,alieru etc thanks 4 ur contributns. As i said b4, i av unilorin screenin soon. @alieru, though i wil pay d money 2 rectify dat but affidavit 1st 4 d screenin. Pls how long does it take 2 rectify any mistake?
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by DOWHILE: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2010
Kadata. Thanks
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Yommy247(m): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2010
Minimum of 3 months maximum of 6 months
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by DOWHILE: 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2010
How many months exactly did u use to correct yours?
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Yommy247(m): 10:23am On Sep 12, 2010
@dowhile. Av not yet corrected mine, as d matter of fact i just collected d certificate a week ago and am aving a screening @ unaab in 3 days tym
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Olatunjio2: 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2010
For those that want to use it for registration in your various schools,it doesn't matter. What really matter is the Biodata  on your Jamb Original result, The same thing happened to me 2 months ago when I went for univ of ibadan's interactive session,  I submitted it that and my name came out on the admission list.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by DOWHILE: 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2010
Tanx tunji. Actually i av been usin statmnt 4 long. Just tot they may ask of my origina in ilorin screenin. Besides, wnt u corect urs?
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Kadata(m): 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2010
@stevetboy
ur case is simple. Just do a newspaper publication that the person bearing 'Oluwaseun , ' and ' Olluwaseun, ' are one and the same person. Then attach a photocopy of the newspaper publication to d Certificate in case u are asked. That settles d issue.
@yoomy
a court's affidavit is just to validate u as d owner of the mistaken certificate. That doesn't change anything. It only lends credence 2 d fact that the certificate is urs.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by DOWHILE: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2010
Thanks Kadata.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Yinkade(m): 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2010
Pls I also have a problem my statement of result came in as ADETOLU ADEYINKA A instead my middle name starts from M not A and the A was nt even in full pls I am abt to register in lag next month any advice pls
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by ifkunlethe: 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2010
Yinkade,,,,,,Though ur case is not that serious , i think u should do same thing as this:
Kadata:

@stevetboy
your case is simple. Just do a newspaper publication that the person bearing 'Oluwaseun , ' and ' Olluwaseun, ' are one and the same person. Then attach a photocopy of the newspaper publication to d Certificate in case u are asked. That settles d issue.
@yoomy
a court's affidavit is just to validate u as d owner of the mistaken certificate. That doesn't change anything. It only lends credence 2 d fact that the certificate is urs.

Regards.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Kadata(m): 7:09am On Sep 15, 2010
@Yinkade
*you can reconcile it with a newspaper publication<doesn't have to be popular>
*just state that you want to publish a verification of name that 'the person bearing Adetolu Adeyinka M and Adetolu Adeyinka A are one and the same person' . At least that solves it legally.
*Now, make a photocopy and attach it to your original WAEC certificate, in case you are asked.
Simple, huh
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Gentlesoul4life: 9:07am On Sep 15, 2010
My name was misspelt on my waec result of last year and nid it next mnth in lag reg. Instead of egba george iroro i saw egba george iroko
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Gentlesoul4life: 10:01am On Sep 15, 2010
Can someone pls advice me on my comment.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Kadata(m): 11:31am On Sep 15, 2010
@Gentle and others-with-d-same-problem

An affidavit in the court stating that ur misspelt name and ur real name belong to one and the same person. It's quite better than a newspaper publication, and has 'more legal' leverage than the newspaper pub.
Hope that helps.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Gentlesoul4life: 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2010
Yommy247@ are u through with ur registration at unnab? How is it?
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by DOWHILE: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2010
Yeah, yomy24 pls let's know how ur registratn went. Did it work out?
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Yommy247(m): 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2010
Yeah, tannks friends. Av done d screening and it realy worked out wit d affidavit. u can do it in ikeja at area f, dat was were i did mine, Kadata u get mouth like scorpion,
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by DOWHILE: 10:26am On Sep 20, 2010
Yeah thanks for sharing. No much questions were asked abi?.,,,,,,,did u attach the affidavit to the result or u presented them separately? please i'm interested cos my screening will soon take place, ,,,,,regards.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Yommy247(m): 10:38am On Sep 20, 2010
I submitted d 2 2geda and no LONG TIN
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by Kadata(m): 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2010
You are welcome.
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by BLACKSNIP(m): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2010
Does it mean that after the affidavit of change of name in the court, there's no need publishing it or what?
Re: Mistake Of Date Of Birth On My Waec Result by DOWHILE: 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2010
Yeah, That's the idea Black baba.,,,,,,,It's either you publish it in a newspaper or if it's so urgent you can get affidavit just like Yommy did and it worked out for him.,, ,,,,,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Professor Jamiu Mosobalaje Oyawoye Is Dead / Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended / Struggle To Buy JAMB Form In Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.