Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications (14094 Views)

Do You Need A House Mortgage - Interest free ( 3 Days Processing Time) / Mortgage Institutions: Share Your Own Bitter Experience? / Top Ten Mortgage Institutions In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
All is well wen all ended well. Nigerian renting apartment since 1960.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by free2ryhme: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
66402 what were they doing initially before its over shot its quota
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by bencham(m): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
CoolHunk: BRB. Gotta watch Chelsea get beat.
Sorry for the dissapointment.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by selfemployed(m): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
Peter Obi seems to be advising GEJ very well. Everything will start working in the last few days of this admin in order to prepare for 2015.

I wont be surprised is FG gives away free cars to all Nigerians just one month to the election.....

1 Like

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by REBIRTHmedia(m): 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
Good and nice development, glad to see dis happenin in this country...believe it will be treated wit all fairness

3 Likes

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by DonaldGenes(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
eemalex: Space Booked till after EPL
<slap him with both hand>
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by prettiest1(f): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
gbaskiboy: grin
dammyjay93: Hmmm
constance500: Is typing....
EPL guys. Hope to see these posts edited after the match.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
bencham: Sorry for the dissapointment.
That Costa boy. angry
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by nelsonstifler: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
Thank God, @ last

1 Like

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by LilPeezy(m): 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hemanwel: This is a welcome development.

On the flip side:
I had a game of Scrabble with my friend last night and he placed a stake on the game with his girlfriend who came visiting.He said if I came out victorious in the game,I should have his girl for myself for 24 hrs.I thought he was joking.In the end,I won the game.
In a bid to keep to his words,he had left the girl with me since yesternight.
Guess what happened,nairalanders??....
how many rounds u do?ope u burn her bush well?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by erico2k2(m): 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
Now back to reality.howmany of the so called applicants would be abke to affird the daid mortgage.Loads of things comes into play.if you are above 45 years of age would it be a good thi g to apply?
If you earn less than 100k is it wise to apply?
Have you stopped to think if its 100% mortgage or the sum of initial deposit?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by mykky(m): 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
Have They Built the houses?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by anonimi: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
kaorama: From where will a civil servant get about N100,000 to pay per month for the 3- bedroom flat?

There is an URGENT need to INCREASE the minimum wage for civil servants from the miserable N18,000 and REDUCE the bogus remuneration of our loafing legisLOOTERS and other political jobbers who do almost nothing of benefit to us.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by erico2k2(m): 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
shevon: This is a very good news. I applied but was expecting the worse and hoping for the best. I just hope they will not end up doing the usual Nigerian thing of swapping names of applicants for their cronies.
I like to ask U smthing.what %of money whete U asked as deposit?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by erico2k2(m): 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
anonimi:

There is an URGENT need to INCREASE the minimum wage for civil servants from the miserable N18,000 and REDUCE the bogus remuneration of our loafing legisLOOTERS and other political jobbers who do almost nothing of benefit to us.
As U can see even if the wages is increased to N50k minimun.civil servant still wont be able to afford the mortgage cos the houses are going to be more than 5M
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by oshiosense(m): 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
shevon: This is a very good news. I applied but was expecting the worse and hoping for the best. I just hope they will not end up doing the usual Nigerian thing of swapping names of applicants for their cronies.
I applied too. That's my fear too
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by erico2k2(m): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
moyinoluwabun: Nice one. I applied and hope I'm considered. Nigeria moving forward.
Howmuch did U deposit?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by shevon: 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
bist: @OP, am I suppose to read all that?
If you didn't apply, there is no point to reading it. I posted the information so that those of us that heard and applied would get a heads-up concerning their application.

1 Like

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by shevon: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
bushdoc9919: Interesting.

BTW....how does a mortgage work in Nigeria.? If anyone knows....answers would be much appreciated.
Mortgages do work. You just have to show you have the means to repay. Aside that, you also have to have the prerequisite equity contribution (this is dependent on the mortgage institutions' policy) and that is exactly how this FG programme works.
Choose a property you are interested in, provide your equity contribution and the Mortgage/Financial institution buys the property on your behalf with a dual title hold (the financial institution/your name on the deed pending when the loan is fully paid) and you have 20 years to pay back the loan. If at any point you are not able to continue paying the mortgage, the property is repossessed, sold and the financier liquidates the outstanding on your loan and gives the balance (if any) back to you.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by shevon: 6:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
erico2k2:
Howmuch did U deposit?
At the moment, no deposit is required. But once you have been informed that your application is successful, you will have to seek out a house in the choice area you filled in your application, make 20% of the amount required to buy the property available and the mortgage/financial institution assigned to handle you application will buy the property on your behalf.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by shevon: 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
erico2k2:
I like to ask U smthing.what %of money whete U asked as deposit?
None at the moment. But the application is approved, I'd be required to pay 20% of the value of any house I choose as my equity contribution.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by guyman101: 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2014
a must read ebook for any nigerian student studying abroad

go to amazon.com and obtain a copy

HURRY NOW!!!

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
erico2k2:
Howmuch did U deposit?
has it gotten to level of depositing?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Appswheel(m): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Preparatory Class

SCHEDULE
Lagos: 25th, 26th of October & 1st, 2nd of November, 2014. (4-Days)
Abuja: 22nd, 23rd, 29th and 30th of November, 2014. (4-Days)
Port-harcourt: 6th, 7th, 13th & 14th of December, 2014. (4-Days)
Kaduna: 20th, 21st, 27th & 28th of September, 2014. (4-Days)

TRAINING FEE:
PMP- 80,000 NGN
CAPM- 60,000NGN
Corpers and Student Discount for CAPM only- 30,000 NGN

For inquiries call: 08084444759

We provide Early Bird Registration discount of 5% if you pay in full 2-6 weeks ahead of class.

Reserve a seat and see full training information here

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by anonimi: 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
erico2k2:
As U can see even if the wages is increased to N50k minimun.civil servant still wont be able to afford the mortgage cos the houses are going to be more than 5M

The question we should ask ourselves is how did civil servants (up to early 80s) build house/buy from government & other developers without being corrupt unduly yet were able to buy cars and send their kids to good PUBLIC schools?
What has changed
How have we contributed to that change and how can we help reverse it? We might see the link with the bogus salary being paid to political jobbers who add no value to our national, state & LGA life.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
erico2k2: Now back to reality.howmany of the so called applicants would be abke to affird the daid mortgage.Loads of things comes into play.if you are above 45 years of age would it be a good thi g to apply?
If you earn less than 100k is it wise to apply?
Have you stopped to think if its 100% mortgage or the sum of initial deposit?
There is initial deposit of about 20%, can't remember exactly though. The % would be calculated based on the mortgage type(house) you applied for.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Raphew: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
Are these houses already been built and where are the locations? I applied too and I selected Oshodi-Isholo as my preferred area. someone should please educate me. Thanks
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by tunai(m): 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
I also applied and I was fortunate to be among the first 5000 that applied, and during this period there were only 14 pilot states available so I had to select Ogun state(mowe- Ibafo axis) , then later other states including Lagos was enlisted.

I have a strong feeling I will be considered but my concern is that will it be possible to change back to Lagos state since I work in Lagos?

Can anyone answer this.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by kpacheco90: 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My neighbour's sister has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out.

This is what I do........ www.MoneyKin.Com

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Tinyemeka(m): 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hemanwel: This is a welcome development.

On the flip side:
I had a game of Scrabble with my friend last night and he placed a stake on the game with his girlfriend who came visiting.He said if I came out victorious in the game,I should have his girl for myself for 24 hrs.I thought he was joking.In the end,I won the game.
In a bid to keep to his words,he had left the girl with me since yesternight.
Guess what happened,nairalanders??....

You and the girl went for all night vigil at Fr Mbaka's Adoration?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Onyiido: 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
CoolHunk: BRB. Gotta watch Chelsea get beat.
Sorry, u just got spiked now tongue
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by gbaskiboy: 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
prettiest1: EPL guys. Hope to see these posts edited after the match.
OMG! U need to forgive me I forgot to edit it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ELECTRICAL(CONDUIT&FITTINGS),CCTV, AUDIO SYSTEM, VIDEO DOORBELL & ELECTRIC FENCE / LASG Arrests 19 Suspected Land Grabbers (photo) / 6 Struggles Of Owning A Tiny Lagos Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.