Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,919 members, 7,852,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:37 PM

Please Pray For A Brother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Pray For A Brother (2401 Views)

What We Men Really Pray For In Marriage (Photo) / Please Pray For Babyosisi's Dad / Please Pray For This Pregnant Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 14, 2014
priest2u:
First you took side with Efe . Two you raise too many question that are not relevant if he has found d right woman to marry . Just one question should have suffix , have you found d right woman for you ? Simple .

If only you would read and comprehend, this wouldn't be necessary, don't assume or infer what I never wrote please. You cannot tell what or what not to write
The advice was for the poster it's his to take or leave.
Bye

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by priest2u(m): 6:07am On Sep 14, 2014
aisha2:

If only you would read and comprehend, this wouldn't be necessary, don't assume or infer what I never wrote please. You cannot tell what or what not to write
The advice was for the poster it's his to take or leave.
Bye
I knew u'll throw insult , typical NL . Well I've made my point .
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by esteltiarra: 6:08am On Sep 14, 2014
priest2u:
I have one question for you , is marriage only for the rich or comfortable? Poor people also get married , raised kids and that's d fact of life . Don't work yourself too much over things you can't understand . Even your bible says " he made both d poor and d rich " . The idea that a man must be comfortable before getting married is so wrong , he just need to look for a woman at his own level . There is a man for every woman and vice versa.
There are so many market women with petty trade in Nigeria sending their children to higher institution . A strong and virtuous woman can never be afraid to get married to a poor man #FACT#

So true and on point..... tongue
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by esteltiarra: 6:09am On Sep 14, 2014
@priest2, you are making alot of sense with your post, cheers.... wink
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by tollu: 6:20am On Sep 14, 2014
I don't see any problem with the young man's desire. Na prosperity be the crux of the matter and not marriage.
He wishes to get married next year and opened this thread so people can pray for him so his financial house can be in order before taking that almighty step.
If he believes prayers of Nairalanders will work for him, then all the best my brother. May all our positive heart desires be met.

He didn't mention getting married next year as compulsory, 'I saw probably'.
He is probably a man who has been in a relationship for quite sometime and the only thing holding him back is cash and not a person who sees marriage as his source of income.

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 14, 2014
priest2u:
I knew u'll throw insult , typical NL . Well I've made my point .
Thanks
Please be so kind to point out the insult.

2 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by priest2u(m): 6:28am On Sep 14, 2014
esteltiarra: @priest2, you are making alot of sense with your post, cheers.... wink
Thanks smiley

3 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by deltateam: 6:47am On Sep 14, 2014
tollu: I don't see any problem with the young man's desire. Na prosperity be the crux of the matter and not marriage.
He wishes to get married next year and opened this thread so people can pray for him so his financial house can be in order before taking that almighty step.
If he believes prayers of Nairalanders will work for him, then all the best my brother. May all our positive heart desires be met.

He didn't mention getting married next year as compulsory, 'I saw probably'.
He is probably a man who has been in a relationship for quite sometime and the only thing holding him back is cash and not a person who sees marriage as his source of income.

I thought English comprehension was hard for everyone but you cleared my doubts. Your first paragraph is on point. Second paragraph is partially on point. Although I can't really say I have any particular person to hook up with but am working and praying towards both and solicited the prayers of those in family section to make my new family to be realised by next year.

Some arguments are pointless. I never in my post said I was sleeping and hoping it will come and land on my laps.As am typing this am planning and setting the machinery in motion to accomplish it and be sure I will come here and testify.

3 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 7:00am On Sep 14, 2014
priest2u:
Why are you discouraging him ? Between everyone is free to marry whenever they feel it's time , you sound like a gold digger. You don't sound like a woman who is willing to work hard with a man she loves and build a future together . Also couples are free to defer child bearing till when they are comfortable.

Excuse me!

If you've got comprehension problems understanding my post written in simple English, all you had to do was ask for an explanation! I detest people like you who resort to name calling as a way of attempting to express themselves.

Anyway, your points are invalid and moot as far as I'm concerned. You obviously support child poverty with your "God will provide" principle. I mean, how do you explain pushing for someone who's struggling to keep his head above water - to go and get hitched and then bring in kids to a life of abject poverty? Just in case you don't know, no child deserves that. Children do not ask to be born and it's totally irresponsible to subject them to a life of hardship.

A real man will understand that. Now you go into your nearest supermarket and find out the price of:

~ A 900g tin of powdered SMA. Multiply that by 36 to give you an idea of how much it will cost on average to feed a new born a year. (You do know that irrespective of your 'faith', babies need to eat, yes?)

~ A pack of 54 pampers / Huggies / your local brand of nappies. A newborn uses an average of 6 nappies per day. So you're looking at an average of at least 3 large packs a month. Now multiply that by 12 to give you an idea of what that will cost for a year.

~ Baby clothes. Mind you, they grow quickly.

~ Antenatal and post-natel care

And much more. I've only mentioned the absolute basics. Now kindly explain to me how someone who can hardly look after himself can meet any of those costs let alone a wife and kid. Will he not still need to pay for rent, gas, fuel, electricity, water, and FOOD??

Abi "God will provide" all of those too?

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 7:03am On Sep 14, 2014
aisha2:
Please be so kind to point out the insult.

Don't waste your breath jare. Just ready your pockets to play the role of a "well meaning Nigerian" in a year's time.

2 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 14, 2014
Making a drama out of everything, typical of some family section posters grin
Wish a brother well and vamoose the thread jare

Op, since money is the bone of contention here, will you marry me?
I've got loads money grin
You don't want anyone saying you 'I told you so' next year, do you?
Kikikikikikikikikikikikikiki cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by priest2u(m): 7:35am On Sep 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Excuse me!

If you've got comprehension problems understanding my post written in simple English, all you had to do was ask for an explanation! I detest people like you who resort to name calling as a way of attempting to express themselves.

Anyway, your points are invalid and moot as far as I'm concerned. You obviously support child poverty with your "God will provide" principle. I mean, how do you explain pushing for someone who's struggling to keep his head above water - to go and get hitched and then bring in kids to a life of abject poverty? Just in case you don't know, no child deserves that. Children do not ask to be born and it's totally irresponsible to subject them to a life of hardship.

A real man will understand that. Now you go into your nearest supermarket and find out the price of:

~ A 900g tin of powdered SMA. Multiply that by 36 to give you an idea of how much it will cost on average to feed a new born a year. (You do know that irrespective of your 'faith', babies need to eat, yes?)

~ A pack of 54 pampers / Huggies / your local brand of nappies. A newborn uses an average of 6 nappies per day. So you're looking at an average of at least 3 large packs a month. Now multiply that by 12 to give you an idea of what that will cost for a year.

~ Baby clothes. Mind you, they grow quickly.

~ Antenatal and post-natel care

And much more. I've only mentioned the absolute basics. Now kindly explain to me how someone who can hardly look after himself can meet any of those costs let alone a wife and kid. Will he not still need to pay for rent, gas, fuel, electricity, water, and FOOD??

Abi "God will provide" all of those too?
I think u are the one with comprehension problem otherwise you would have just wish d op well and stop asking unnecessary question .

8 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 7:45am On Sep 14, 2014
priest2u:
I think u are the one with comprehension problem otherwise you would have just wish d op well and stop asking unnecessary question .

What unnecessary question(s) have I asked? You think asking someone to plan wisely and budget accordingly before undertaking life changing decisions is unnecessary?

I see.

Unlike you, I don't chase the bandwagon and do follow-follow. I have a mind of my own, and if my opinions differ, I have no qualms expressing them.

Besides, I don't wish hardship on anyone. Naija is a tough place to begin with. So why place yourself in an unnecessarily difficult situation if waiting for a little bit longer would avert the stress?

Anyway, that's by the wayside. I'm a realist and prefer to deal with facts. Have you found out the prices of the few items I listed, seeing as you support @op's stand of "God will provide"?

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by priest2u(m): 8:01am On Sep 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:

What unnecessary question(s) have I asked? You think asking someone to plan wisely and budget accordingly before undertaking life changing decisions is unnecessary?

I see.

Unlike you, I don't chase the bandwagon and do follow-follow. I have a mind of my own, and if my opinions differ, I have no qualms expressing them.

Besides, I don't wish hardship on anyone. Naija is a tough place to begin with. So why place yourself in an unnecessarily difficult situation if waiting for a little bit longer would avert the stress?

Anyway, that's by the wayside. I'm a realist and prefer to deal with facts. Have you found out the prices of the few items I listed, seeing as you support @op's stand of "God will provide"?
There is a lot of wisdom in what I posted but you mind is so closed that you can't see them . There will always be rich , middle and poor families . Some people will be born poor but that doesn't mean they are going to die poor. Why is that so difficult for you to understand ?
Let me use myself as an example . I was born to a poor family , my dad salary cannot feed us in one week. My mom did not have formal education . Through my mum petty trade me and my siblings were all able to attend university in Nigeria . After my first degree , I proceeded to the USA for masters and by Gods grace I live and work here now . I was born poor but certainly not going to die poor. I love my parents for their sacrifice and growing up poor has helped develop some survival skills.

5 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 8:06am On Sep 14, 2014
priest2u:
There is a lot of wisdom in what I posted but you mind is so closed that you can't see them . There will always be rich , middle and poor families . Some people will be born poor but that doesn't mean they are going to die poor. Why is that so difficult for you to understand ?

That doesn't answer the questions I asked you.

Budgeting? Or blind faith?

And I still want you to tell me the price of Pampers and SMA.
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by priest2u(m): 8:11am On Sep 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:

That doesn't answer the questions I asked you.

Budgeting? Or blind faith?

And I still want you to tell me the price of Pampers and SMA.
Now tell me , how do poor people that can't afford pampers raise their kids ? Must they use pampers . Open your mind and let wisdom find you.

6 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2014
priest2u:
Now tell me , how do poor people that can't afford pampers raise their kids ? Must they use pampers . Open your mind and let wisdom find you.

Really?

You call that wisdom? I'll tell you what I see...

~ vulnerable children forced into child labour, risking their young lives as they ply dangerous highways hawking for a pittance. (Kidnappings, easy targets for ritualists, or getting crushed on busy motor ways as they chase after moving vehicles selling a few bags of pure water and groundnuts)

~ vulnerable targets packed off to relatives to do houseboy / housegirl work. (Easily subjected to child abuse, mistreatment, or even killed in the process)

~ Vulnerable children whose parents can barely afford to send them to school, let alone support their education. End result? Frustration, repeating a class several times, eventual drop out.

Come to think of it, what sort of backgrounds do touts, Agberos, and perpetrators of "Jungle Justice" come from?

Yes, I see the "wisdom" in your post.

Very wise indeed.

Priest2u: Budgeting or Blind Faith??

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by priest2u(m): 8:34am On Sep 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Really?

You call that wisdom? I'll tell you what I see...

~ vulnerable children forced into child labour, risking their young lives as they ply dangerous highways hawking for a pittance. (Kidnappings, easy targets for ritualists, or getting crushed on busy motor ways as they chase after moving vehicles selling a few bags of pure water and groundnuts)

~ vulnerable targets packed off to relatives to do houseboy / housegirl work. (Easily subjected to child abuse, mistreatment, or even killed in the process)

~ Vulnerable children whose parents can barely afford to send them to school, let alone support their education. End result? Frustration, repeating a class several times, eventual drop out.

Come to think of it, what sort of backgrounds do touts, Agberos, and perpetrators of "Jungle Justice" come from?

Yes, I see the "wisdom" in your post.

Very wise indeed.
No point trying to explain myself again n again . Tired of replying n it's my bed time . Have a great weekend . Bye

4 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by esteltiarra: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2014
priest2u:
No point trying to explain myself again n again . Tired of replying n it's my bed time . Have a great weekend . Bye

You have made a valid contribution to the question of the Op and those of us reading can see clearly the wisdom in your post,thanks for making my day with your humble submissions...... wink

4 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2014
priest2u:

Your stance is illogical and so are your points. You haven't got a leg to stand on.
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2014
deltateam: Greetings to you all.[b][size=24pt]Am in the family section and I believe that this place holds a key to my marital succes[/size][/b]s.

Am a man who is struggling to build something and probably get married by next year. I need your prayers to make my hustle to prosper so I can testify. Word of encouragement and prayers here will be appreciated. This is my first time of posting this but I believe it will work for me. So by next year I will come here and testify.

I was led to do this. God bless you as you comply.

You Berra change that belief.

You should believe in your self and not depend on success here by people typing "wish you success" some have even forgotten they typed that. If you are the type that depends on success by people wishing you well, you are not ready. You don't need anyone permission of luck to succeed.
Close the door in your home, kneel and pray for breakthrough. Then work your arse off and achieve it.
Staying on nairaland begging for wishes won't go anywhere. All you need is hard work and dedication.
If your job is not related to Internet, log off and never return and focus all your energy to your work for you to meet the target..
This is a distraction on its own.

3 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by deltateam: 9:05am On Sep 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Your stance is illogical and so are your points. You haven't got a leg to stand on.

Are some people like this? Upon all my explanations and submissions that your point was duly noted you still went ahead to turn my thread into hot zone abi?

Na look I dey look you.

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 14, 2014
deltateam: Greetings to you all.Am in the family section and I believe that this place holds a key to my marital success.

Am a man who is struggling to build something and probably get married by next year. I need your prayers to make my hustle to prosper so I can testify. Word of encouragement and prayers here will be appreciated. This is my first time of posting this but I believe it will work for me. So by next year I will come here and testify.

I was led to do this. God bless you as you comply.

Ive read the guys post again
The first thing he said was that he wanted people to pray that his hustle is prosperous so that he can PROBABLY get married next year.
He also wanted words of encouragement and prayers.

He didnt say that we should pray that he gets a wife regardless of if his hustle works or not. To me he has followed the right path, whiich is job first, then marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 9:18am On Sep 14, 2014
deltateam:
Are some people like this? Upon all my explanations and submissions that your point was duly noted you still went ahead to turn my thread into hot zone abi?
Na look I dey look you.

grin grin grin

But he (your supporter) called me a "gold-digger" simply because I advocate good planning and budgeting! angry angry

Abeg listen to Chilli's advice. Hot zone indeed grin grin
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Enoquin(f): 10:52am On Sep 14, 2014
A man must first find himself before he finds his woman...May God bless your hustle, may divine favour not depart from you. May God also bless your wife's hustle (job or business) so she can be a good helpmate when you eventually marry.

4 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
I'm wholly with EfemenaXY on this one! I don't believe in building castles in the air in the form of "faith". If I were you, I won't be talking about marriage till I've a workable plan on how to take care of a family.

But then again, you said you were "moved/led to do this". Even if I neither understand nor buy it, I will say; good luck in your endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Safari29: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
blessings of the Lord come down to your children. May Almighty Allah grant all of us our heart desires Insha Allah
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by shizzleStar: 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
Efe, E be like say you dey like unnecessary argument pass jollof rice. nawao! undecided

Op, my sincere wishes goes to you thus; as you toil and labour, may you prosper and find success and happiness....AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by SAMBARRY: 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
Efemena shorop smiley

he said he needs prayers not criticisms and scrutiny wink

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
^^^ Can you please stop with these pictures?? They are meaningless and quite frankly, annoying.

No pun intended.

3 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by SAMBARRY: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
Phema: ^^^ Can you please stop with these pictures?? They are meaningless and quite frankly, annoying.

No pun intended.
which one is your own? Answer me?

is the pinshore giving you headache or high blood pressure?

Mr man kindly respect yasef tobafe kan idin ninu iyo wink

3 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by edwife(f): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
This thread is a funny one,i must say i had a headache trying to read some posts.

Op goodluck!na church i came from. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant / When's The Right Time To Propose To A Lady? / Be A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.