Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? (15857 Views)

Psquare’s Peter Okoye Undergoes CT Scan (see Photos And Tweets) / How Long Does It Takes To Get A CT Scan Result? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by AprilTwo: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hi Docs, I need your help. I created a thread few months ago about Chest Pain, which I treated Angina for a while and I didn't see any changes. Someone said it's likely to be Coronary Artery Disease. I still can't find cure or drug for 5years I've been going through this.

I'm broke, and have low-income.

Pls where in Lagos can I do these tests; XRay, ECG, ECHO and CT Scan of Blood Vessels at a very cheap price.

If anyone does it, pls can you help a Nairalander? I'm dying in silence.

CC: adeoladrg
Ziga
Lomaxx
Deols
Lagusta.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by lomaxx: 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
You've been having chest pain for 5 years- and you treated Angina - who gave you that diagnosis? Now you don't have enough money and you want to spend the little you have running tests that may not help you find a diagnosis.
I find this trend very disturbing.

Chest pain does not mean the problem is with the heart or the lungs. A myriad of conditions can cause a chest pain. I've already gone through the other thread. Answer a few questions:

- Do you take alcohol regularly
- Does the chest pain improve when you lie down or with any other position?
- What triggers the chest pain?
- When you breath in or breath out, does the pain get severe?
-Do you have any skin lesions on any part of your chest?
-Do you have occasional nausea or vomiting?
- Have you ever vomited blood or noticed blood in ur stool?

1 Like

Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by lomaxx: 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
Double post
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by yoddy(m): 11:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
Try the general hospital at ikeja.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by Lagusta(m): 12:05am On Sep 14, 2014
lomaxx: You've been having chest pain for 5 years- and you treated Angina - who gave you that diagnosis? Now you don't have enough money and you want to spend the little you have running tests that may not help you find a diagnosis.

Chest pain does not mean the problem is with the heart or the lungs. A myriad of conditions can cause a chest pain. I've already gone through the other thread. Answer a few questions:

your first two or three questions are very relevant, you're thinking of pancreatitis... But if it were to be pancreatitis, op would've been dead by now...

My questions

can you describe the pain... Is it a slow, burning pain or a sharp pain as if an elephant is sitting on your chest....

Do you know the drugs that were given to youwhen you had this pain

wait first, what increases the pain and WHAT REDUCES IT?

thank you
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by ziga: 12:52am On Sep 14, 2014
AprilTwo: Hi Docs, I need your help. I created a thread few months ago about Chest Pain, which I treated Angina for a while and I didn't see any changes. Someone said it's likely to be Coronary Artery Disease. I still can't find cure or drug for 5years I've been going through this.

I'm broke, and have low-income.

Pls where in Lagos can I do these tests; XRay, ECG, ECHO and CT Scan of Blood Vessels at a very cheap price.

If anyone does it, pls can you help a Nairalander? I'm dying in silence.

Ziga
Lomaxx
Deols
Lagusta.

Not every chest pain is related to your heart. Therefore, not every chest pain is angina.

Also it is highly unlikely for you to have persistent angina for that long without any progression of the problem.

Also the fact that the treatment that you have already gone through did not work means you probably have another diagnosis that is not being treated.

How old are you?

What other medical problems do you have?

When do you get chest pain?

What part of your chest specifically is it located?

What makes it worse? Exercise? Food?

What other symptoms do you feel when you get the pain? Belly pain? diarrhea (watery stool)? Nausea? Do you have a lot of gas?

Are you short of breath without doing anything? Any swelling in your legs?

How much do you weigh?

I truthfully doubt that your pain is related to your heart, but there is no way to know for certain without knowing your risk factors.

However, if your symptoms are as severe as it seems, you should be in the emergency room.

Angina is a warning sign of an impending heart attack. And it wouldn't hang around for many months without any progression.

PS. I didn't realize somebody else replied to your question.

And I basically echoed him. I doubt that you have Angina, and unfortunately, all the tests you want to do might be a waste of your money.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by Chartey(m): 7:51am On Sep 14, 2014
lomaxx: Double post
Abeg na. 1. The guide to overseas training 2. Those textbooks especially Norman Browse. johnsongreenspace@yahoo.com
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by lomaxx: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2014
Chartey: Abeg na. 1. The guide to overseas training 2. Those textbooks especially Norman Browse. johnsongreenspace@yahoo.com

I don't have Browse
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by Chartey(m): 9:00am On Sep 14, 2014
lomaxx:

I don't have Browse
Ok. Pls can I get the others? Thank you very much.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by AprilTwo: 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
Thank you all for taking your time to reply. I've been experiencing every symptoms of Angina.

But recently, like 3 weeks ago, I started having this numb feeling in my left leg and left hand. Its getting so bad that the leg is heavy to lift and my hand is getting useless that sometimes, things drop from my hand. I'm having this sense of no-blood in my left part of the body.

So on wednesday, I started having warm feeling in my scalp. It doesn't pain me but it makes me feel uncomfortable. And my facial muscle are kinda weak.

I was scared, so I had to rush to Gbagada General Hospital thursday morning. The doctor asked me to do ECG Test, and Xray. She said I better go to a Private Diagnosis Centre to do it because if I wait to do it in their Hospital, it might take months before it get to my turn.

And this is going to be the 6th ECG Tests I've done since the whole thing started. Someone advised me to do CT Scan to know if it's Coronary Artery Disease. He made me known that if it's CAD, ECG Can't reveal that.

So that's why I want to do everything once and for all. I'm losing weight due to depression.

To answer your questions, I have this pain in my upper left part of the body, the Heart Region. I feel the pain down to my back, and my left ear, and my neck sometimes. My eyes gets red if I have a little stress and my heart beats faster at rest.

Ziga
Lomaxx
Deols
Lagusta.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by AprilTwo: 12:12am On Sep 15, 2014
ziga:

Not every chest pain is related to your heart. Therefore, not every chest pain is angina.

Also it is highly unlikely for you to have persistent angina for that long without any progression of the problem.

Also the fact that the treatment that you have already gone through did not work means you probably have another diagnosis that is not being treated.
In one of the Hospitals, My file got missing and they asked me to restart my test.

How old are you?
I'm 23
What other medical problems do you have?
Nothing, just the chest pain. Which I think it affects my growth.

When do you get chest pain?
Can I say all the time? Because I feel it whenever I have my mind there. And it pains me down to the back.

What part of your chest specifically is it located?
I feel it deep inside the Heart Region.

What makes it worse? Exercise? Food?
I only notice my heart beats faster when at rest.

What other symptoms do you feel when you get the pain? Belly pain? diarrhea (watery stool)? Nausea? Do you have a lot of gas?
I feel dizzy most times, and my eyes gets red.. I mean very red.

Are you short of breath without doing anything? Any swelling in your legs?
Nope.. Just that my breathing is irregular when I lie down. And my Left is getting weak day by day.

How much do you weigh?
49 - 51. Remember I'm 23. Underweight.

I truthfully doubt that your pain is related to your heart, but there is no way to know for certain without knowing your risk factors.

However, if your symptoms are as severe as it seems, you should be in the emergency room.

Angina is a warning sign of an impending heart attack. And it wouldn't hang around for many months without any progression.

PS. I didn't realize somebody else replied to your question.

And I basically echoed him. I doubt that you have Angina, and unfortunately, all the tests you want to do might be a waste of your money.
Could it be Coronary Artery Disease??

God bless you. Kindly reply sir/ma.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by AprilTwo: 12:20am On Sep 15, 2014
lomaxx: You've been having chest pain for 5 years- and you treated Angina - who gave you that diagnosis? Now you don't have enough money and you want to spend the little you have running tests that may not help you find a diagnosis.
It's not my fault. I thought I could manage myself because going to the Teacher Hospital from where I stay before was frustrating. And sometimes, after sitting for hours, you might end up not seeing the Doctor.

I don't take it all. Well maybe once in 2years.. Like Bacchus.

Nope.. But my heart beats faster when I lie down.
I've stayed away from doing Heavy Works, so I can't figure out anything that triggers it.

I feel it when I breath in/out, but no difference.

Not atall, I just always have this itching feeling around there which makes me to scratch it and end up having a bruise.

No. I only feel dizzy if do a little work.

No, atall. I never vomited since the whole thing started.

God bless you. Pls kindly get back to me.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by AprilTwo: 12:25am On Sep 15, 2014
Lagusta:

your first two or three questions are very relevant, you're thinking of pancreatitis... But if it were to be pancreatitis, op would've been dead by now...
I've answered his/her questions. Thank you.

My questions

can you describe the pain... Is it a slow, burning pain or a sharp pain as if an elephant is sitting on your chest....
I don't know how to explain it. I just have this frustrating discomfort from the pain. It's a slow and sometimes warm pain. Can't call it burning pain.

Do you know the drugs that were given to you when you had this pain
I only remember Aspirin. Don't know the name of the other drugs.

thank you
Just like I have said, I can't figure out what triggers it because I don't engage in any task that requires much energy. The pain is just there.

God bless you. I would love to read back from you.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by AprilTwo: 12:27am On Sep 15, 2014
yoddy: Try the general hospital at ikeja.
Are they going to allow me to use their Facility? You know I'm being directed by a Doc at Gbagada Hospital.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by ziga: 2:44am On Sep 15, 2014
AprilTwo:
In one of the Hospitals, My file got missing and they asked me to restart my test.

I'm 23

Nothing, just the chest pain. Which I think it affects my growth.

Can I say all the time? Because I feel it whenever I have my mind there. And it pains me down to the back.

I feel it deep inside the Heart Region.

I only notice my heart beats faster when at rest.

I feel dizzy most times, and my eyes gets red.. I mean very red.

Nope.. Just that my breathing is irregular when I lie down. And my Left is getting weak day by day.

49 - 51. Remember I'm 23. Underweight.

Could it be Coronary Artery Disease??

God bless you. Kindly reply sir/ma.

Coronary artery disease which can give you Angina (essentially the same thing) is extremely rare in young people.

The commonest cause of coronary artery disease is artherosclerosis (hardening of arteries). This happens over a long period of time therefore, it is usually found in much older people. This is why I doubt that you have coronary artery disease.

However, there are other causes of coronary artery disease in younger people which are rare. One of these is drug use.

So, first of all, stop worrying yourself about Angina or coronary artery disease.

Also, you do not have any risk factors for artherosclerosis.

Also, constant chest pain for months is most certainly not coming from the heart.

Are you taking any prescription medication or herbs or street drugs? Your symptoms could be a side effect of any of these. (Stop taking aspirin!!!)

Do you drink caffeinated beverages? e.g coffee, mountain dew or red bull? These can also explain your symptoms.

You sound like you are very anxious and the awareness of your heartbeat could from an anxiety disorder.

I suggest that you stop taking any herbs or supplements, find a way to relax. Choose a sport that you like and exercise everyday, get enough sleep and focus on eating a healthy diet.

If I would recommend any test at all, I would say you should check your blood count to make sure you are not anemic. Anemia can givve you palpitations(awareness of your heartbeat or heart racing), make you feel dizzy, tired etc. Any body in your family with sickle cell disease? If you are anemic, and you do not have sickle cell disease, you can take over the counter vitamin supplements (From a chemist/pharmacy)

Your ideal weight can only be correctly assessed when compared to your height. There are lots of online resources for this. Search for body mass index.

1 Like

Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by Lagusta(m): 7:20am On Sep 15, 2014
I have a strong feeling that you do NOT have any angina.... But you have GASTRO-ESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE (GERD)

like ziga said...STOP ASPIRIN ASAP!!!

Just buy a mild antacid like gecrol or gel-c... Use it for some days and reply asap!!!
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by AprilTwo: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
ziga:

Coronary artery disease which can give you Angina (essentially the same thing) is extremely rare in young people.

The commonest cause of coronary artery disease is artherosclerosis (hardening of arteries). This happens over a long period of time therefore, it is usually found in much older people. This is why I doubt that you have coronary artery disease.

However, there are other causes of coronary artery disease in younger people which are rare. One of these is drug use.

So, first of all, stop worrying yourself about Angina or coronary artery disease.

Also, you do not have any risk factors for artherosclerosis.

Also, constant chest pain for months is most certainly not coming from the heart.

Are you taking any prescription medication or herbs or street drugs? Your symptoms could be a side effect of any of these. (Stop taking aspirin!!!)
I'm not taking any drug for now. I stopped taking Nitroglycerin last year, which was the last drug I took.
[quote]Do you drink caffeinated beverages? e.g coffee, mountain dew or red bull? These can also explain your symptoms.
I don't drink. I only take Pepsi and 7Up.

You sound like you are very anxious and the awareness of your heartbeat could from an anxiety disorder.
Well, am so anxious.

I suggest that you stop taking any herbs or supplements, find a way to relax. Choose a sport that you like and exercise everyday, get enough sleep and focus on eating a healthy diet.
I don't take herbs. I don't sleep due to the nature of my work. And Lagos wahala. I used to play football, but I stopped when the thing started.

If I would recommend any test at all, I would say you should check your blood count to make sure you are not anemic. Anemia can givve you palpitations(awareness of your heartbeat or heart racing), make you feel dizzy, tired etc. Any body in your family with sickle cell disease? If you are anemic, and you do not have sickle cell disease, you can take over the counter vitamin supplements (From a chemist/pharmacy)
There's no Sickle Cell Patient in my Family.

Your ideal weight can only be correctly assessed when compared to your height. There are lots of online resources for this. Search for body mass index.
I weigh 113lbs, 6 ft 9 tall, 30inch waist and has a very tiny wrist. I look very tiny among my Age Mates. Wanted to take steroid to help build my Muscular Structure, but I read that it's not advisable for people that has Heart related prob.

Why I thought maybe it's CAD is that; When it started, and didn't know how to explain it.. I went to a Kedi Centre for Diagnosis. Which I was told that there's lack of Oxygen and Blood to the heart. The pain wasn't as chronic as it is now sha.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by Lagusta(m): 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
Lack of oxygen and blood to the heart?? Lololzzz

if there is no o2 or blood circulation to the heart, it will just stop and that will be the end....

Just buy the gecrol and use for sometime, reply
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by AprilTwo: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Lagusta: Lack of oxygen and blood to the heart?? Lololzzz

if there is no o2 or blood circulation to the heart, it will just stop and that will be the end....

Just buy the gecrol and use for sometime, reply

I meant insufficient blood and oxygen. Don't mind me, I'm not in a medical line.

I will do that and reply. Well, I'm still going for the test.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by doctokwus: 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Diagnosing chest problems without seeing d pnt wudnt do d person any gud.
Op durin d course of ur hosp visits was a sthethoscope put to your chest by any of d docs.A lot wud av bn revealed by dat simple examination.
Again,am a bit confused because u sed u av done 4previous ecg's.Did u tel d gbadaga doc?If u did 4 previously,I don't c any new thing dis one wud.
In as much as a comprehensive work up is necessary,in resource constrained settings as ours,only d most important invest shd b requested.In your case I feel a detailed examination + d most current ecg u did+a complete blood profile+urinalysis+chestXR +- 2d echo if u can afford it wud most likely sort out ur problem.
All d best

2 Likes

Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
Pls,peeps in d house, who knows d amount general hospital ikeja charges for C.T scan?
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by Hplison(m): 1:03am On Apr 26, 2019
Have you ever tried checking your chlosterol level...

Going through the same problem, but it turns out that my chlosterol level is very high... Working toward lowering it.
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by Hplison(m): 1:14am On Apr 26, 2019
Try and go for a blood chlosterol text, it just 1000 or 1500 .. Anything above 200 just know that you found the cause of problem.. Work towards lowering it... Asap
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by sunnp(m): 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2019
I pm you pls reply

Hplison:
Try and go for a blood chlosterol text, it just 1000 or 1500 .. Anything above 200 just know that you found the cause of problem.. Work towards lowering it... Asap
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by sunnp(m): 12:49pm On Apr 28, 2019
@Hplison I pm you reply pls
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by sunnp(m): 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2019
Please I need you help check your email or can I have your email pls

Lagusta:

My questions

Do you know the drugs that were given to youwhen you had this pain

thank you
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by Lagusta(m): 1:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
sunnp:
Please I need you help check your email or can I have your email pls

eedrisology@@@@@@@gmail...com
Re: Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 15, 2019
lomaxx:
You've been having chest pain for 5 years- and you treated Angina - who gave you that diagnosis? Now you don't have enough money and you want to spend the little you have running tests that may not help you find a diagnosis.

GM sir.. I normally do 70 push ups every morning, then on sunday morning i noticed i have pain on the left side of my chest coupled with tingling of my left arm, i breath well, it's just the pain, it comes and goes. Meanwhile i noticed i have lost weight too.

(1) (Reply)

WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern / 24 Die Of Snake Bites In Gombe / Mother Abandons Four-year-old Sick Girl In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.