Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech (1290 Views)

David De Gea Vs Thibaut Courtois. Who Is Better? / Mikel Obi Vs Petr Cech Cook Off.. / Watch John Obi Mikel Vs. Petr Cech At The Cook Off 2011 [cooking Competition] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by jeffizy(m): 3:30am On Sep 14, 2014
While I am happy about the breathtaking performance of the duo of Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas , I am cautious not to get totally blown away from the reality of my total team performance...... Chelsea.

'Dem boys' ( apology to wiz kalifa cheesy) in the midfield are more purpose driven by the Costa arrow head and the fluidity is a thing of joy for die-hard fans like me.

But what concerns me is the performance of the new shot stopper - Thibaut Courtois.
I don't want to rate him based on his performance for Atletico Madrid since I didn't follow him then. But now that he is back with Chelsea , I find his performance a bit worrisome.
Though, the attack has been vibrant with 15 goals in the last 4 matches, I find the goals conceded as a point to take note of.

Courtois has only 1 clean sheet in 4 EPL games, conceding 8 goals already.

Comparing this goal rate to Petr Cech of last season who played 34 games and conceded a total of just 24 goals, I think I'm right to panic a bit.

It was the same back line that shielded Cech that is doing same for Courtois now.
Do you think Courtois can fare better in the premiership than good old Cech?
Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by Haywhymido(m): 4:02am On Sep 14, 2014
Yea, u r right. The same back line but different mentality. Am worried abt us conceding dose goals too. Mourinho gat to work sumthing out with 'em(defenders n keeper)
Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by bigtt76(f): 4:33am On Sep 14, 2014
You're quite right but then nor forget say despite say na de same back line ...legs don de taya some of them like John Terry and besides Courtois would be scared controling the back line like Cech would have done. He needs confidence I guess dats why Mourinho still fields him.

Its a Chelsea's tin though to concede goals after going into the lead or immediately match begins nothing has changed.

1 Like

Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by jeffizy(m): 6:54am On Sep 14, 2014
You are on point @bigtt76. Maybe the cohesion between back 4 and Courtois is still taking time to mould.
Yes, We always concede early in most games.
Just worried due to kicking off champé hustle against Shalke this week and we will also be meeting the free scoring city boiz all in a week.
Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by jeffizy(m): 7:00am On Sep 14, 2014
What do you think chelseabmw?
Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by Greatihex(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
The problem of d goals conceded by chelsea is nt d keepers fault bt dat of Ivanovic. Yes! Ivanovic. If u wl care 2 go bk nd watch our early matches last season nd dat of dis season, u wl get my point. Dat guy is always out of position. He is either in d front right wing or at d centre bk. I dnt if he forgets dat he nw plays a d right bk. If u watch d first goal we conceded against swansea, u wl notice dis. If he was in d right position, dat pas wouldnt hv passed hm, bt no he was nt dia, instead he was at d centre. Until mourinho cautions hm or bring bk azpilicueta 2 his normal position a return ivanovic 2 d centre, while dropin terry, those goals wl stil b goin in. If u watch wel, swansea exploited hs position a lot. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by jeffizy(m): 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
@Greatihex.....do you think Terry is in the squad just to respect the English quota or not?
He's 34 and it is Terry I believe that is our defence loop hole.
Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by Greatihex(m): 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
jeffizy: @Greatihex.....do you think Terry is in the squad just to respect the English quota or not?
He's 34 and it is Terry I believe that is our defence loop hole.
just go nd watch those goals conceded, and c 4 urself. Dnt 4get o. I didnt say he is d cus of al d goal, bt he is d cus of most of dm, cus of nt bein at d right place due to overlapping.

1 Like

Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by chimeluiz: 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
Terry's legs are tired but experience is needed at the back, this is why he is important, to organise the back four especially now in the absence of Cech.

Ivanovic drive forward has been menacing and I believe he is playing according to the coaches instruction.
If there is ever need to park our bus you would see the hardened Ivanovic in action.
Just look at Serbias friendlies last week then you wld get my point
Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by seankay(m): 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Greatihex: The problem of d goals conceded by chelsea is nt d keepers fault bt dat of Ivanovic. Yes! Ivanovic. If u wl care 2 go bk nd watch our early matches last season nd dat of dis season, u wl get my point. Dat guy is always out of position. He is either in d front right wing or at d centre bk. I dnt if he forgets dat he nw plays a d right bk. If u watch d first goal we conceded against swansea, u wl notice dis. If he was in d right position, dat pas wouldnt hv passed hm, bt no he was nt dia, instead he was at d centre. Until mourinho cautions hm or bring bk azpilicueta 2 his normal position a return ivanovic 2 d centre, while dropin terry, those goals wl stil b goin in. If u watch wel, swansea exploited hs position a lot. Shalom
Courtois is a very good goal keeper but he needs time to adapt to a new team and league, he will come good.De gea had the same problem when he first arrived at the Epl but he adjusted and got better.
Ivanovic is our best defender right now, he's a beast! I believe he would make a great striker grin
Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by Omero(m): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
seankay: Courtois is a very good goal keeper but he needs time to adapt to a new team and league, he will come good.De gea had the same problem when he first arrived at the Epl but he adjusted and got better.
Ivanovic is our best defender right now, he's a beast! I believe he would make a great striker grin
A GREAT STRIKER! HMMMMM!
Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by Greatihex(m): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
seankay: Courtois is a very good goal keeper but he needs time to adapt to a new team and league, he will come good.De gea had the same problem when he first arrived at the Epl but he adjusted and got better.
u cnt serve 2 masters at d same time. Ivanovic cnt b an attacker nd a defender at d same tym. He shld reduce d rate he moves forward. I didnt say he shld nt go forward o, cus dats d reason 4 d manager playin hm n dat position. Bt he shld reduce d rate nd make sure he returns as quick as posible.
Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by Segadem(m): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
Petr cech always

1 Like

Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by jeffizy(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Segadem: Petr cech always
Is it based on sentiment or performance?
Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by Segadem(m): 10:09am On Sep 16, 2014
jeffizy:
Is it based on sentiment or performance?
Thiabaut is good but not in the class of Petr Cech
Cech can still play for 3 to 4 years more though age will tell on him
Thibaut Courtois might be a perfect replacer.

1 Like

Re: Thibaut Courtois Vs Petr Cech by hensben(m): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2014
Chelsea play attacking football this season and our opponent capitalize on that unlike last season when we played defensive game. Man city were conceading goals last season but they were scoring for fun as well same with liverpool and terry is not fast anymore though the experience is still there, we will sought that out either by january window or end of season.

(1) (Reply)

Sure Key For Week 04(pool) / Need Information About Android Tv Box / Download Highlights: Chelsea 2 – 3 Burnley Premier League 2017 [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.