Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot (7215 Views)

Fifth Term Lagos Deputy Speaker Defeated Along Other APC Candidates / Lagos Deputy-Governor To Iyanya's Dancer - You Are Degrading Womanhood / 2015: Igbo Should Wait For Jonathan – Ben Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 14, 2014
A group of Igbo community in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja under the aegis of Goodluck Gaa N’iru (Goodluck move forward) has demanded for the Lagos State deputy governor’s slot in the 2015 elections in the state.
The demand was contained in a communique issued at the maiden National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the group held yesterday in Abuja at their national office.
It was jointly signed by Kenneth Ibe-Kalu Onyeisi Gburugburu, Chief Boniface Orji, Rev Chukwuemeka Ezenagu, Owelle Isaac Oduma, Barr Chima Duru, Joseph Ebinim, Rev Dr Andrew Ubah, Chief Ofoegbu Nwachukwu, Arch Bishop R. B. C. Nwankwo, Chief Anayo Arinze and Prof. Matthias Egwuka who are the geo-political zones and principal officers of the group.
“In view of the overwhelming population of Igbo in Lagos, estimated at over 45 percent of the state population figures, the unsurpassed positive contributions to the economic and general development of Lagos State, we demand the position of Deputy Governor come 2015 elections in Lagos State and advise the PDP leadership to get a reputable Igbo son or daughter for the position of Deputy Governor. We believe this would be the winning strategy in the next gubernatorial elections,” the communique said.
They also commended President Goodluck Jonathan for maintaining the unity of Nigeria despite increasing challenges, distractions and mischief against his transformation agenda.
While commending the Federal Government for the completion of Onitsha Sea Port, the group asked for its speedy concession, to enhance its quick full operation.
They also urged the federal government to evolve new policy measures targeted at promoting local industries and discouraging importation of certain categories of foreign products.
Daily Trust

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by JudeNjoku: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2014
This will only happen when people of Anambra, Imo and Enugu States elect Yoruba men as governors in 2015

deal??

38 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2014
What Will Be Will Be
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ogbenicodes(m): 9:14am On Sep 14, 2014
They shouldn't be serious! So presidency now shares his ogogoro to his buttlickars now?

14 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 9:19am On Sep 14, 2014
With such mythical population figure, why not just revive APGA and then field an Igbo as governorship candidate.

In most states, a commissioner of works or finance is far more influential than a deputy governor.

There are far more factors to Lagos politics than buying and selling in the markets on in traffic.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2014
JudeNjoku: This will only happen when people of Anambra, Imo and Enugu States elect Yoruba men as governors in 2015

deal??

are u implying appointment or elections?? These two are different tins. Any yoruba dat wants to RUN for elections in d SE is free to do so.....thats if he can come up with d courage to even think abt it. If any political party deems it fit to give d Igbos a slot in d race seeing their population and contribution to Lagos economy....dats commendable.

Political position is earned not given away.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 9:23am On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

are u implying appointment or elections?? These two are different tins. Any yoruba dat wants to RUN for elections in d SE is free to do so.....thats if he can come up with d courage to even think abt it. If any political party deems it fit to give d Igbos a slot in d race seeing their population and contribution to Lagos economy....dats commendable.

Political position is earned not given away.

If it's earned, so they should go to the trenches in all the nooks and crannies of Lagos West, Central and East.

So if they think they've earned it by virtue of their population, then let's the Ibos run and not demand!

13 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by kkkp: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2014
Dis people always like dominance...they should stay in the east
...after all they want biafra

11 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by goodslayer: 9:25am On Sep 14, 2014
these dreamers never cease to amaze me.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Coldfeet(f): 9:30am On Sep 14, 2014
I don't think we've gotten to that stage where people of other ethnic groups can be governor or deputy of another state even in this democratic era. During the military its a norm and it worked well I must say! But its a whole new ball game for a civilian to do so. That position should be offered not demanded for!!!

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2014
welcomed development

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 9:36am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:
So let's the Ibos run and not demand!

what the group imply is dat the importance of d igbos in d socio-economic fabric of Lagos can no longer be taken for granted. If d Igbo shuld decide to run, Am sure most of u will pen it down as another show of arrogance by d Igbos. (Forget d title) They are not demanding....its more of an advisory to political parties. They are subtly asking to be recognized...which is respectful and commendable.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Gboliwe: 9:37am On Sep 14, 2014
Now this is a tall demand!

It may have worked some place, not in Nigeria.

Well, to test their strenght, the Igbos can actually back up any party that agrees to do this. They could win!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Akinsz: 9:38am On Sep 14, 2014
Dogs' dream

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

what the group imply is dat the importance of d igbos in d socio-economic fabric of Lagos can no longer be taken for granted. If d Igbo shuld decide to run, Am sure most of u will pen it down as another show of arrogance by d Igbos. (Forget d title) They are not demanding....its more of an advisory to political parties. They are subtly asking to be recognized...which is respectful and commendable.

You are trying to help to explain their intention.

They are demanding, Ibos always demand, the reason BRF told them that elective political offices are not given or demanded for, but you fight for it.

According to you, Ibos alone are 45% of Lagos population, that in enough to put you in good stead without any other tribe support.

Give it a try and test your popularity.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 9:41am On Sep 14, 2014
Gboliwe: Now this is a tall demand!

It may have worked some place, not in Nigeria.

Well, to test their strenght, the Igbos can actually back up any party that agrees to do this. They could win!

Even almighty PDP cannot risk such in this tribally charged and tensed time in Nigeria history.

9 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 14, 2014
...reason why they lost the war in 1967!
If the Igbo race cease to exist today, it's due to their lust for the control of Lagos. A dream impossible, which can only lead to nightmares of unimaginable horror, far more than what was obtained during the Civil war.

23 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by omololu2020(m): 9:42am On Sep 14, 2014
Dis igbo guys are just so funny,,did dey voted for pa Awolowo when he needed dia vote,arthur eze said d pple of anambra shouldnt vote for Ngige because he is representin a yoruba party,,,igbos are jokers,,i know it wont happen,and it can never happen.

25 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 9:44am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

If it's earned, so they should go to the trenches in all the nooks and crannies of Lagos West, Central and East.

So if they think they've earned it by virtue of their population, then let's the Ibos run and not demand!

forget d title...like I said they are not demanding. If an Igbo decides to run am sure u will come up with not diatribe.

As for running, be rest assured thats its a matter of tym. Among d many qualities of d Igbo, cowardice is not one of dem.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElFenomeno1: 9:44am On Sep 14, 2014
Words fail me undecided
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 9:45am On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

forget d title...like I said they are not demanding, its propaganda. If an Igbo decides to run am sure u will come up with not diatribe.

As for running, be reat assured thats its a matter of tym. Among d many qualities of d Igbo, cowardice is not one of dem.

Now it time to run, you have a sympathetic FG to Ibos.

As far as I'm concerned, it all gra-gra with little brain work.

I don't know if you are part of the group, but you are doing much to change their communique.

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 9:50am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

Now it time to run, you have a sympathetic FG to Ibos.

As far as I'm concerned, it all gra-gra with little brain work.

again...u are confusing elections with appointment. They are not asking for a place in d politics of just any SW state. They just want to be part of tins in d very state they contributed to making what its is today. Dats not such a bad tin is it??

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 9:56am On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

again...u are confusing elections with appointment. They are not asking for a place in d politics of just any SW state. They just want to be part of tins in d very state they contributed to making what its is today. Dats not such a bad tin is it??

Sorry, but you are the one sounding very confused here.

In one breathe, you claimed they have such huge population, but cannot translate same into electoral advantage, at the same time, you said they just want to be part of tinz, is that not demanding or begging?

Stop confusing yourself and be more explicit in how they should go about seeking elective post outside Ibo region.

Nigeria is a deeply rooted tribal nation, only your type are refusing to accept that reality.

11 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 9:57am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

You are trying to help to explain their intention.

They are demanding, Ibos always demand, the reason BRF told them that elective political offices are not given or demanded for, but you fight for it.

According to you, Ibos alone are 45% of Lagos population, that in enough to put you in good stead without any other tribe support.

Give it a try and test your popularity.

Believe me its not beyond them. They are quite capable of that and so much more. Right now they are just trying to ease it into d consiousness of yorubas to avoid tribal tensions. Bt its a legitimate cause and one day no matter hw many tyms y'all beat ur chest on dis forum, it will come to pass.

Patience is another quality of d Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 10:00am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

Sorry, but you are the one sounding very confused here.

In one breathe, you claimed they have such huge population, but cannot translate same into electoral advantage, at the same time, you said they just want to be part of tinz, is that not demanding or begging?

Stop confusing yourself and be more explicit in how they should go about seeking elective post outside Ibo region.

Nigeria is a deeply rooted tribal nation, only your type are refusing to accept that reality.

read up my posts in dis thread. I hate repeating myself. Dont let tribalism cloud ur thinking. It has ruined too many intellectuals.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 10:03am On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Believe me its not beyond them. They are quite capable of that and so much more. Right now they are just trying to ease it into d consiousness of yorubas to avoid tribal tensions. Bt its a legitimate cause and one day no matter hw many tyms y'all beat ur chest on dis forum, it will come to pass.

Patience is another quality of d Igbos.

Oh well, I assured you that such could have been remotely possible some few years ago, but so many factors have forever killed such aspirations.

There are always going to be repercussions when your political leaders labeled a party an ewedu people eating party, an Awolowo party.

Your political leaders are very shortsighted in thinking, in politics you build bridge, even with old foes, but in your case, you don't build, anyone that exist, you destroy.

You merely play politics of the present, believing you will cross an hurdle when you reach one, forgetting you need alliances to cross such hurdle.

And you younger ones are not helping, you insult other Nigerians endlessly on social media.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 14, 2014
It's easier for a foreigner to be the Deputy Governor of Lagos come next year, than any non-Yoruba. It wont happen.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

read up my posts in dis thread. I hate repeating myself. Dont let tribalism cloud ur thinking. It has ruined too many intellectuals.

Oh well, it's an old game. Where is the tribalism in my comment, however if you think so, you are free to conclude as such.

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

the only permanent tin in dis life is CHANGE. Nigeria will be no exception.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Such change start from you. Change won't happen in isolation or in vacuum.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Such change start from you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Members of The Cabal Are In Firm Grip Of Project Muhammadu Buhari (2015) / Osinbajo In Togo To Represent Buhari At The African Union Summit / Governor Badaru: Debts, Uncompleted Projects Nearly Drove Me Out Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.