Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,417 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Do You Think That This Dream Can Come True? Please Read! - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Do You Think That This Dream Can Come True? Please Read! (771 Views)

If You Think That Technology Can Replace Paper........ / Please Help Me Translate This Dream! / Please Read before opening any thread!!!!!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think That This Dream Can Come True? Please Read! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
My Dream

I woke up to the rising of the sun that cool and dry morning, still feeling very drowsy and angry that my usual routine alarm had not done its job that morning. But, then in an attempt to check the time, I was shocked as I could not find my phone which was usually at the head of my bed because that’s where I would easily hear the alarm ring. I quickly consoled myself and got up from the bed to search for the phone in the clothes I had worn at a function I attended the previous day.
That was to no avail. I finally realized I was in a big mess when I searched for my briefcase and discovered that I didn’t return home with it. I was thrown in a state of confusion because it just dawned on me that I had lost the contract papers for a multi-million naira contract, a cheque of about a million naira and the phone which did not even bother me anymore.

The previous day, I was in a meeting with the board of directors of a major engineering firm after I had been consulted a week earlier to spear-head a project as the chief-supervising engineer. I had received the contract papers and the cheque after the proceedings and was expected to commence the work in two weeks. That day, being a terribly busy day left me very exhausted as I stopped by at about 10p.m late that night at a restaurant to get dinner. I would have slept off on the tray of food in total surrender had it not been for an angry costumer who badged into the restaurant to make complaints to the attendants about the food he bought some hours ago.

dream naijaWhere else could I have left my briefcase if not at that restaurant? I suddenly thought to myself as I sat on the floor of my bedroom sulking over my predicament. I had just gotten my first contract since I started my engineering career and now I had carelessly thrown it into the ocean. I couldn’t imagine anyone picking that briefcase with all its contents and righteously walking down to me to hand it back, not in Nigeria, not in a country where a thousand naira note would be shown no mercy, perhaps some other country, I concluded. “Your career is over, you fool” was all I could tell myself at that moment in that frantic state of anger and frustration.

I had only lain down on the floor in my despair for a few minutes when I heard a knock on the door. Reluctantly, I brushed myself up quickly and walked to the door. As I opened the door, to my greatest surprise, it was my briefcase staring at me in the hands of a man dressed in a chef’s apparel. I could not contain the joy that had just filled my soul from the sight of my black-coloured leather briefcase. The young man holding my briefcase seemed to be in a hurry so I greeted him and motioned him to come in. He told me he couldn’t and quickly explained how he had found the briefcase by a seat at the restaurant. Thanks be to God that a copy of my business contact card was in it because that was what he used to locate my door.

dream naija
With a sigh of relief and a large grin on my face, I stretched my arms to collect the briefcase which he handed to me. I was overwhelmed by the integrity of the young man so, in appreciation, I quickly offered him some naira notes but his response of refusal of the money dazzled me. “No, thanks, I’m only doing the right thing. Thanks for stopping by at our restaurant, yesterday, hope you enjoyed the meal? I really have to go, sir” was all he said and took off. I could only nod as I watched him walk briskly down the street.

I woke up a second time, but this time, it was to the real world as a news correspondent on the radio gave a headline, “daughter of prominent musician kidnapped! Kidnappers demand for 1 million naira ransom.” I end this narration of my dream with the conclusion I drew from my analysis of the dream: It is a dream that can come true and yes, in Nigeria. What do you think?

See more at: http://www.mynaijadream.com/2014/09/do-you-think-that-this-dream-can-come.html

(1) (Reply)

Brain Teaser / Call Summary Analysis / Donkey And Sheep Following Shepherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.