Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (405791 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Fchristo(m): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2023
brainwave:
Hi all,  any HSE professionals in the house? Lets hook up and get talking, I am one smiley

We are here

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Googlepedia88: 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
Please I need guidance on how to join ISPON.. I already have Nebosh IGC, Iosh MS, Permit to work. Please i need urgent reply
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Winner1000: 1:56am On Jan 17
Fchristo:

We are here
we are here
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Winner1000: 2:04am On Jan 17
10thTenthMan:

And I have elaborately answered this. But it seems I need to summarize my response a bit:

1. The curricular is NOT THE SAME. NEBOSH IDP is more advanced in content and knowledge than your Nigerian ISPON and the NEBOSH IGC. If I, as a Manager, believes that the theoretical knowledge I want my new staff to posses comes from NEBOSH International Diploma, then I’ll Make it a mandatory requirement and advise HR as such. When the advert comes out, it will state that only those with NEBOSH Idip should apply.

2. It is because NEBOSH Diploma is hard to get and not everyone has it. Hence it is used as a requirement to ensure that too many people do not apply. It is used for screening. Imagine posting a HSE vacancy advertisement for an oil and gas company and requesting only for ISPON. You will be flooded with millions of applications.

3. When you compare some of these other trainings , NEBOSH is like a silver standard (I.e assuming the American BCSP is the gold standard). It is well recognized and respected. It is fast becoming a global benchmark for professional HSE certification.
Thank you
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by engrwilliam5000: 5:29am On Apr 01
diehard:
Hi fellas,
i've been a practicing HSE professional for abt 5yrs in an oil company, and it's been worth the experience. while NISP is a good way to start, u can upgrade to a better recognised certification NEBOSH, they have a center that offer their certification in nigeria and it's expensive 350k. they do it twice a yr in march and sept. so u may have to wait till next yr

Pls where is the nebosh office or training center in Nigeria?

I did a 3months basic diploma with federal fire training academy in lagos in the year 2009 but since not working with it
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by engrwilliam5000: 5:35am On Apr 01
Googlepedia88:
Please I need guidance on how to join ISPON.. I already have Nebosh IGC, Iosh MS, Permit to work. Please i need urgent reply

Are you aware that nebosh certification is higher to ispon?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by engrwilliam5000: 5:36am On Apr 01
engrwilliam5000:

Are you aware that nebosh certification is higher to ispon?

In the labour market
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by 10thTenthMan: 2:22pm On Apr 01
Googlepedia88:

Visit their ISPON.GOV.NG site.
They also have contact numbers to enable you have first hand information.

Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.